Humble Origin Bundle

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Humble Origin Bundle

Post by computergeek »

I guess this would go here.
Anyways, if you aren't familiar with the Humble Bundle, its an organization that works with (usually indie) developers and sells packages of games for a pay-what-you-want deal. The money is then split amongst the developer, Humble Bundle, and some charity (usually Electronic Frontier Foundation or Child's Play Charity).

Well they've partnered with EA to bring us the Humble Origin bundle, meaning you can get 8 games and a few soundtracks for about $5. Games list is below:

Dead Space
Dead Space 3*
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Sims 3 (plus DLC)*
Battlefield 3*

All games without an asterisk have both Steam and Origin keys available, while games with an asterisk only have Origin keys available.

Oh and the really interesting part? EA get absolutely no money from this deal. Instead they've partnered with 5 charities and you can choose who gets your money. Its pretty obvious that this is a PR thing for EA, but honestly they're doing a lot of good for these charities, so I salute you EA.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Re: Humble Origin Bundle

Post by Dohnutt »

I was pretty impressed with EA until a friend reminded me that this means these people have to be hooked into Origin to use the games. Soooooo there's the reason haha.

But it's a great deal. I'd get it if I didn't already have most of the games.
computergeek
General
General

Post by computergeek »

Dohnutt wrote:I was pretty impressed with EA until a friend reminded me that this means these people have to be hooked into Origin to use the games. Soooooo there's the reason haha.
5 of the games offer Steam keys. Of the other 3, only the Sims 3 is actually available on Steam (I'm not sure why they made that one Origin only)

Still, its a steal for around $5
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Marth bought it for me because he's awesome. I activated all the Steam ones, and the 3 Origin exclusive ones on that thingy. Very happy to finally having my own copy of Mirror's Edge, so I can finally play one of my favorite games of all time at my house.

I was a bit disappointed Mirrors Edge's soundtrack was not one of the download options, only BF3's and Sims 3's. Beyond that, all good stuff.

Though I doubt I'll play the singleplayer of MoH at all, if even the multiplayer. They never should have left WW2.
computergeek
General
General

Post by computergeek »

I'm hoping they might add a few more games to the "Pay above average" option. Its a pretty common thing to happen with Humble Bundles, and if you've already bought it, the keys just show up on your purchase page