State of Decay is most impressive

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

State of Decay is most impressive

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Yesterday i saw the PC release of state of decay on steam and i thought the game looked okay, so i bought and tried it out. I walked into the game thinking it was going to be another "day z clone", and was positively surprised to find out that this game was much more then just killing zombies. The game feels weird at first, probably because it was originally designed as a console game, but man this game is cool. You begin the game playing as a man that looks a lot like Ben from the original Night of the Living Dead, and immediately you get a sense of the brilliant atmosphere. You're on a camping trip with youre friend Ed, when all hell breaks loose. The forest itself looks great, and the dense foliage makes it hard to see how many zombies you're dealing with. At one point when i was scavenging items out of a refrigerator i literally felt like a character straight out of one of Romeros movies, zombies crashing through windows, eating my AI buddies :cry: . You can even change your player to anyone that is part of your survivor team, well, you know....unless they get eaten.....Overall the game is great, has anyone else played it or have an opinion?
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Re: State of Decay is most impressive

Post by CressAlbane »

Watched my cousin play it. Didn't seem SUPER amazing, but definitely like a solid game. He also sucked at the game, which didn't help, as I kept seeing the same sections over and over.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: State of Decay is most impressive

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I've watched AlChestBreach's playthrough of it.

It's alright. Could have been way better, and the ending is... okay at best.