Toweriser - a GGJ game

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Toweriser - a GGJ game

Post by mswf »

'Sup Gametoast!

It's sure been a while since I was an "active" user here. High school kicked in and afterwards I joined a gaming study.

Speaking of which, last weekend I made a game with a group of friends during the Global Game Jam. I am rather happy with our result, as were our group members, as was the jury which unanimously agreed on making our game the #1 of that GGJ location!
I would call it my first public "success" in game design and I wanted to share our game with the forum and users that got me into making games, learning 3D and thinking about design.

You're supposed to play it co-cooperatively with another person, Xbox360 controllers support already build in.
Hidden/Spoiler:

I did most of the game design, half of the level design, all the 3D work and all visual Unity work (shading, shaders, effects, particles etc.)
I put the link to an Unity webplayer behind the image above, but here's the link in full:
http://toweriser.nl/

My sole motivations to link this here are that I honestly hope some of you might have some fun with this and because I want to make a huge shout-out to how awesome this community has been for me, starting out as a total n00b. :D
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also, I'd love to hear any comment &| critique. If there's one thing I've learned from game development, it's that you can never get enough feedback.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Re: Toweriser - a GGJ game

Post by JimmyAngler »

I'll check it out. looks good, kind of like another game (can't remember the name) That I loved.
Feedback soon.
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Just to emphasize, the idea behind the game really really calls for it to be played with 2.
Because it's playing on the funny things that happen if 2 people play it together. You have to really talk to each other about what you think you should do, so that the other person doesn't run off and get's inconveniently warped.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

well if you post some times that you could play, would you like to run me through it? :wink:
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Neat game! What was the theme this year?
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

The theme was "We don't see things as we are, we seem them as we are."

Our interpretation led to the mechanic of being able to place yourself in the others' position, but still keepin your current attributes, like momentum and status.