The Elder Scrolls Online

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

The Elder Scrolls Online

Post by commander501stappo »

The Elder Scrolls Online Official Website

As most of you probably know it's not being developed by Bethesda Game Studios as the other games in this series, except for The Elder Scrolls Travels, but by ZeniMax Online Studios. They apparently specialize in massively multiplayer online games and has created their own engine for this game.

So today I received an email containing a key for participating in the eso beta! Anyway, I was wondering what other's opinion for this game is and if anyone else got a code. Personally I'm not a fan of monthly subscriptions, but I think it'll be worth it to play at least for some months considering how much I love the previous games. Although it depends a little for how the beta test goes this weekend. If you haven't already and wish to participate in the beta as well, you can do so from the link above.
Also, if you are getting the game and/or participating in the beta; which of the alliances appeals to you the most? For me it's the Aldmeri Dominion, mostly because of the Khajits.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Noobasaurus »

It's not that special. It's like all other MMORPGs out there. My friend and I have been playing the beta for a few months and it doesn't quite live up to what some people make it out to be.

Sure, it's good, but it's not that good. If it's released on a monthly subscription I doubt many people will play it.

Oh yeah, and the download is HUGE.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

The huge monthly subscription ($14.99/month) is going to keep it from becoming the next big thing. I don't want to spend $180 a year on an MMO. It needed a much lower subscription or a modern free2play model (with pay2grind elements instead of pay2win). "F2P" games make way more money than standard subscription games as well, that's what's hilarious.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

It'll go F2P after they realize nobody wants to pay for it. I played the beta test and wasn't thrilled. I know it's an MMORPG but I guess I was just expecting a game that felt like the others. Too RPGish for me.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Let's hope that it doesn't end up like Lego Universe.

I think that was my first beta. It never went F2P and shut down after a year or two. I found it mildly entertaining and might play it if it was free.