Game of Fails (Stories of Game Fails and Funny Moments)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Game of Fails (Stories of Game Fails and Funny Moments)

Post by RevanSithLord »

I figured there should be a thread where we can discuss all funny/fail moments from other games here. Posting style can vary, but I generally type in silly/epic-style story format, which would be suitable for narration or something. Pictures could also be included. Obviously forum rules apply. :p

Where should I begin? Perhaps with my attempt at being a rocket scientist? Oh, how that was a fun time, indeed! It's a miracle alone how I managed to get the craft into space. Usually they don't even make it off the launch pad! This recent mission was going well, very well. The young, excited Kerbalnauts were happy to have a shot of going into space. Perhaps they could have landed on the Mun, but the mission was to achieve orbit at the very least.

The crew was ready. T - ...okay, you know what? Just launch it!

Lift off was clean. Got a little bumpy in the stratosphere, but still going good. No problems. Starting to see black. Secondary thrusters out of fuel. Primary thruster still going strong. Close to overheating, however, but still going true. Success! Space! Primary thrusters finally run out of fuel. The U.S.S. Sunkist has achieved orbit!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Here's where the problem begins, because of several oversights on my part. Craft is spinning. Uncontrollable, just floating in space. Young Kerbalnauts inside wondering what's going on out there, but can't get a proper view of the goings on. Craft is spinning, flipping, rotating a bit too fast. Too dangerous for a space walk, obviously. Cue: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
After several minutes of me watching the craft spin and rotate around in various orientations, I checked the trajectory.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yup. What goes up.....
Hidden/Spoiler:
How do I break it to these guys? Oh wait, I can't even communicate with them... *sigh* Hopefully they'll find a way out of it.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Nope...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Nope!
Hidden/Spoiler:
Nooooope....
Hidden/Spoiler:
Maybe if they tilt it a bit, the impact won't be too b---
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
We salute you, young Kerbalnauts...

Please don't even show me the mission reports, I don't think I can handle th--

"Here's those mission reports..."
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Welp, I'm fired.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The important thing here is that this is the first craft I successfully got into space and it lasted 56 minutes and 50 seconds for the mission as a whole. I need to inform their families. :(

Can't wait to see what other people post - if interested, of course.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Game of Fails (Stories of Game Fails and Funny Moments)

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I sadly lack any fun stories to tell right now. I can at least offer something related to Kerbal Space Program that I uploaded recently. Docking turns out to be way harder to do if you forget to turn SAS off during the docking. Prevented the ship from adjusting itself to create the seal, had to switch to the space station without realizing till later all I had to do was undo SAS to fix it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xypzi4iyEjU

I could tell stories about War Thunder battles going horribly, but given the language that game likes to invoke in me, it wouldn't be forum appropriate.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: Game of Fails (Stories of Game Fails and Funny Moments)

Post by Ping »

I remember one moment in particular when I was playing the first King's Quest about 2 or 3 years ago. Now, anyone familiar with Sierra adventure games knows that not only is it one of the few point-and-click games where you can die, it's also extremely easy to do so. I remember going into this one guy's house and seeing holes in his floor (the game explaining he was very poor), but I thought nothing of them. Needless to say, when I walked over one and got a game over message, I had several four letter words coming out of my mouth. A typical video game house is the absolute last place I'd expect to be able to die.