Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Re: New Battlefront Rumors: Alleged gameplay details.

Post by SilvaDalek »

The Nasal Abyss wrote:All this attention on the GCW era has me worried though...... CLONE WARS OR RIOT :mad:
It's all GCW. Gotta be able to make a few sequels to squeeze money out of us. Next Battlefront will be the new movie, one after that will probably be clone wars. Or those will be DLC.

From the EA Star Wars Facebook page:

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ is the ultimate Star Wars™ battle experience, brought to life by DICE – creators of the award-winning Battlefield series.

Fight in epic Star Wars battles on iconic planets and rise through the ranks playing as the heroic Rebellion or the evil galactic Empire.

Whether fighting through blaster-wielding troops, or piloting your favorite Star Wars combat vehicles like Snowspeeders, Speeder Bikes, and AT–ST's – Star Wars Battlefront puts you at the center of the galactic conflict!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I for one am tired of the clone wars, and am very excited for GCW stuff.

*works on clone wars mod*
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 897&page=1

So, with this leaked info I can safely assume a couple of things:

1. Since the initial game is GCW only, we're either going to be getting a sequel or expansion with Clone Wars content.
2. Since there are no space battles, we will be getting DLC that include them.
3. Downloadable packs of heroes as well

Can't wait until the live presentation! HYPE!
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

What a trailer! The Endor sequence was really cool. Nice to see a deployable shield generator. Also, the vehicles!
Anyone know what world that was at the end? Obviously the first three were Endor, Hoth, Tatooine (or Jakku?)... but that last one... :o
Edit: Sullust?
FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by FragMe! »

Incredible animations, all I can say is good luck modding that :D Assuming of course they make it modable.

Oh and HI from a stranger
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Sadly, DICE is pretty protective of their Frostbite editing tools so we'll probably be left out of the picture. :cry:
FragMe! wrote:Oh and HI from a stranger
HI back. From a friend of a friend of an acquaintance of a total stranger.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

No capmaign. A little mixed on this. On one hand, DICE's previous campaigns in BF3 and BF4 have been less than stellar. On the other hand, Star Wars is very story-driven and unlike Battlefield there's a load to draw from. However, there is to be a SP element, but I don't see anything about there being an instant action mode.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

FragMe! wrote:Incredible animations, all I can say is good luck modding that :D Assuming of course they make it modable.

Oh and HI from a stranger
Dude, how long has it been!? Nice to see you around FragMe!!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Now we wait for people claiming the stuff the SWBF2 modding community did years ago was stolen from the new EA Battlefront.

I'm loving the visuals but apprehensive about the combat. No gameplay was shown here, this cynic has to remind you.

20v20 on its own isn't a lot. They need to do what Titanfall did and give us bots to fill out the teams more, make the battles feel large. At least 10-20 AI per team.

It's DICE, so at least we know it's gonna look and sound good.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Looks really pretty. I'm not gonna buy a One or PS4 just to play it, but I'm sure it'll end up on PC eventually.

I'm okay with what I've heard so far in the way of actual numbers - 20 vs 20 is fine, depending on map design, that can feel like a whole ton of people. Third-person seems to be in, so, that.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Apparently they're showing actual gameplay at a booth at the Celebration. Not much, just like a 5 minute clip or so. But I expect some sort of leak soon.
FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF

Post by FragMe! »

@Maveritchell It is available for PC as well, or at least the preorder is there.

@The Nasal Abyss, Thanks, have been lurking now and again, haven't modded since modtools stopped working properly on new computer
but still have stuff in softimage I look at now and then.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Apparently they're showing actual gameplay at a booth at the Celebration. Not much, just like a 5 minute clip or so. But I expect some sort of leak soon.
Yup. We need a hero to provide us with some old school shaky-cam bootleg footage! Also, it's been confirmed that you are able to toggle between first and third person, which was a huge deal for me.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Apparently Jakku is there (for pre-order if you want it early or wait till Force Awakens comes out), but it's set during the GCW era not the new episode 7 era.

Also, I'm very happy about 1st/3rd person and splitscreen.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

The only thing left is whether or not there is an instant action mode, though given it hasn't even been mentioned (in spite of the fact it's still a fairly big portion of the original games) I'd wager not, which is a slight disappointment.

However, the 'carefully crafted missions' whereby you can choose your side sound like objective-based fights, so I'd assume that may in some form be Instant Action.
Last edited by giftheck on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

FragMe! wrote:@Maveritchell It is available for PC as well, or at least the preorder is there.
Oh.

Oh no.

I preorder nothing, but darnit Star Wars, I can't resist you.
ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Old Republic Map pack
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 SWTOR and GW2

Dice Battlefront Game Engine Trailer/Footage out

Post by ZoomV »

Here is the youtube link

I may have watched this like ten times in a row. Also confirmed Force Awakened DLC, cuz none of us saw that coming.

Although a question that I'm sure everyone here wants an answer to is will it be moddable?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I mean, you're going to buy it. At full price, most likely. Might as well, right?

I haven't pre-ordered a game in a couple years because I've been hurt before. But whether or not this game gets terrible reviews, I'm going to buy it. Because SWBF2 got mediocre reviews, at best, and that game lasted me years and years.

EDIT:
Here's an article Grev linked me elsewhere
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/17/844414 ... lease-date

Some key points that stood out to me
[*]Bach said that Battlefront was designed to be its own game, and it's not built on the mechanics of DICE's Battlefield series. [...] "The goal has never been to replicate or mimic another shooter," he said.

[*]One new mechanic in Battlefront is what DICE is calling the "Partner" system. Players will pick a friend and form a tag team, Fegraeus explained, and in multiplayer, you'll "always play together, spawn on each other, see each other." Partners will also be able to share their unlocks, meaning that if you're a player who's unlocked a bunch of weapons or skills in Battlefront through the game's progression, your partner will also be able to use those unlocks, even if they've just started playing.

[*]While DICE says it will have dogfights in Star Wars Battlefront, it won't have dedicated space battles. Bach said the team wanted to focus on a mix of ground-based and vehicle-based battles.

[*]Star Wars Battlefront will focus mainly on the original trilogy of Star Wars films, not the prequels or sequel trilogy
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Dice Battlefront Game Engine Trailer/Footage out

Post by thelegend »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I LOVE IT!!!!
I want it now. I can't wait. I really can't wait. There's no more to add to this video. I just wanna play it right now!!
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by Cleb »

After seeing the trailer, I got really, really excited. However, after reading some articles and the posts here, my excitement has been diminished a good amount. The lack of a campaign and instant action are huge for me, because I don't really like playing online, especially in shooters. I much prefer playing single player. Also, the lack if clone wars and space battles really disappoints me, because I like the clone wars era much, much more than gcw, and let's face it, while the land battles are cool, the space battles are what really make Star Wars great. It seems kind of silly to me that they're making a game based on movie mostly set in space yet they neglect that area. The announcement of 3rd person though is good for me because I hate 1st person with a passion.

All in all, the graphics and gameplay look great, while some of their development decisions disappoint/anger me, but I'm still excited. :wink: