Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Unless you want to get nit-picky and say Tantive IV, the only locations we're not getting from the Original Trilogy are Yavin IV and Dagobah (which still might come in the 4th DLC pack). But instead, we've got Sullust and Jakku. This Battlefront game will have just as many locations as all three original films combined.

We've been through this song and dance before.
The original Battlefront had the entire EU to pull from, something this new Battlefront doesn't have the benefit of (as most of the EU has been scrapped, and they were limited in what planets they could include. Getting Sullust was practically a miracle). The original Battlefront had 15 maps (16 after Jabba's Palace was added). DICE's Battlefront now has 15, including Jakku and the new Tusken Raider Camp.

Battlefront 2 only had one map per planet (well, two for Tatooine). Not counting space maps, SWBF2 only had 18 maps at launch. That's just 4 more than this Battlefront after Jakku. With the DLC, the new Battlefront is getting more maps than SWBF2 had, even with SWBF2's DLC. And then there's the free maps, which will give us even more.

And personally, I hope they add the survival maps to multiplayer. They're fun maps and would make good multiplayer modes.

There are reasons to dislike the new Battlefront. The number of "locations" is not one of them. It's a childish argument that completely overlooks the variety of maps the new game already has in favor of "not enough variety because I say so".
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Ok i tested the new patch.

I need to say that i really dislike it.

why?
It's ok for me if the time duration and recharge time of the star cards are tweaked. But the other changes are really bad.

My personal result: I die oftener but the others do not. There are still these gaming kids, who get an headshot with every - every!!!! - shot. They never miss their target (me), no matter what i do (stand, run, jump,...). That's not normal. And now with these weak weapons i have no chance to kill them (because i shoot 3 times, miss two times, they shot one time, hit my head, and i'm dead).
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Are you playing on PC? Because there's loads of hackers on that platform from what I have heard.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Yes. PC. And there need to be hackers. If everybody has about 20 Kills and 20 death and there is someone with 40 kils and 10 death, that's not normal.
Yesterday:
Jet pack and while flying turn around, and shot me (100% health) down. Have you ever even HIT the target while jumping with the jetpack?? I'm always even landed before i turned around in the air. and he kills me!!! with an weaken weapon!!!
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Is it really nit picky to have wanted more than 4 locations? I get there is like almost 14 maps, but some of them look like portions of other maps. I also get that in cod it takes place on one planet, but with star wars it doesnt have to be limited like that. Not saying the game is bad or that people should feel bad for buying it, becuase its one of the best lookong games currently. It just would have been nice if EA/Disney would let dice have more time to do more and maybe even canonize some eu/legends material.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Does anyone know, where to report a bug user?? Just played and there was someone who felt better when walking through walls.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Try this:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlef ... -reporting

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlef ... guidelines

Hope it's help :wink:

==EDIT==
Jet pack and while flying turn around, and shot me (100% health) down. Have you ever even HIT the target while jumping with the jetpack?? I'm always even landed before i turned around in the air. and he kills me!!! with an weaken weapon!!!
Bad luck...never happen to me...for the moment.... :P
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

The forum doesn't work for me, nut I mailed to the support.

About the jetpack fly and kill, now I can do that, too :mrgreen: All training XD
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by CdtFox »

Anakin wrote: About the jetpack fly and kill, now I can do that, too :mrgreen: All training XD
I'm in the learning too...but it's a little bit difficult... :roll:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Yesterday's update included an actual new map! I've only played it in Turning Point so far as the matchmaking hasn't been great today, but you can pretty much play all modes on this map. Plus, they added the Hoth Ice Caves map as a survival map. There's also a preview of the next free update maps which includes "Survivors Of Endor" in multiplayer and the bringing over of the "Rebel Depot" map from Tatooine as a Survival map.

Pity there's no more missions though.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

haven't played the new map jet. I mostly play cargo - i don't like these mods with 20 vs 20 where all the freaks play and i only get killed - and that's the only mod that is not supported...
Is this map good?

Do you have experience with the crossbow since the update? i saw a few using it again. Is it good again?? I'm using impulse canon, shield and jetpack at the moment.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I'm just trying out different loadouts ATM. I like the Cycler Rifle, it almost guarantees a kill if it hits. I'm just trying out different star cards to go with it. I have yet to unlock the Bowcaster though: I chose to buy the cycler first and I'll probably save up for a star card upgrade next before deciding whether to get the Bowcaster.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

All right. I thought you already have all weapons :D I have all star cards and all upgraded. Only two perks are left :mrgreen:

I don't like the cycler rifle, since it only kills, when you hit the head. The impulse canon kills always when it's fully charged.
Only problem: Currently i need to get 10 head shots with an sniper weapon. and although i hit lots of enemy in the face with the pulse canon, i only got 2 headshots :?

@alll:
I added GT_ in front of my name, to symbolize i'm member of this awesome community. Maybe you want to do the same, that way we see when someone else from GT is in your team.

btw what lvl are you.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I think I have yet to get the Bowcaster, Ion Grenade and Flash Grenade. The latter are not very useful to me so I'm holding off getting them until I have the Bowcaster and the three remaining traits.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Just played the daily base command game and now only one perk is left XD

Here a little review about the star cards:

Grenades:
thermal det - i'm sure you all are with me saying this is the all round and must have card.

barrage - most think, hey these are three grenades, but they are less power full then the thermal det. Use full if you have a static warfare.

impact grenade - (never used) not as power full as the thermal det, but directly explode. But if you throw the thermal det right, it explode directly, too.

ion grenade - power full against vehicles, and it takes very long to explode when not hitting an vehicle. So you can throw it somewhere and the enemy hasn't seen that it is there.

smoke grenade - i hate this (if other players use it). you cannot see anything very good in combination with scan pulse

flash grenade - ok it's good that the others cannot see anything, but why taking this, when i can take a thermal det and so directly kill the enemy?? Used it a few times and the others always fire although they don't see anything (not good when they have a rocket launcher)

I don't have time now, but i'll continue with the others soon.

==EDIT==

Weapons:
bowcaster - this was the ultimate weapon (before the first patch). It was a very powerfull near to middle range weapon. Because of the explosive bolts you could kill everyone. But you need to shoot to the ground around the enemy because other wise you'd miss your target. After the update the weapon was less power full and only effective when fully charged and that took too long. I don't know how the weapon is after the 2nd update.

cycler rifle - classic sniper rifle. Cannot instant kill on long range except with an headshot. Can hit through shields!!

pulse cannon - chargeable sniper rifle. Can instant kill on every range when charged and it's quickly charged. I'd prefer this to the cycler rifle, but this cannot hit through shields. If you want to be the cargo hero, take out the cargo bearer using a shield.

homing shot - very effective, can hit though shield. You can cover behind rocks or corner, but mostly it hit the target. You needn't wait until fully focused. You can mostly fire when the target is in the centre if your view. After the first patch the lock on took too long. I don't know how it is after the 2nd update.

ion torpedo - only way to take out fighters and very effective against walkers. When i try to take out a x-wing/ti-fighter,... i always miss my target. But when i play as pilot, i get always killed by this weapon.... It got some better values after the 2nd update. So a must have for walker assault and other mods with vehicles.

scout pistol - near range instant kill. Nothing more to say. I haven't used it yet and there are not many using it. There must be a reason ;)

Others:
jetpack - this is an other must have. You can reach good sniper, defeat (=camping) positions and locations for auto turrets. Inside you can move quickly through the corridors.

Charged Star Cards
These depend much on your other star cards and weapons. I'll show you good combinations in ()
scan pulse - very good on small maps, useless on big maps. (flash/smoke grenade)

cooling cell - i never used it since i don't let my weapon overheat. and if it does you can do active cooling. But if you are not good in active cooling or your weapon always overheat, take it.

explosive shot - you can scare most of the others with this card. since your laser looks more power full. Actually it is. (DLT-19, RT-97C, SE-14C, CA-87 it will "increase" the range of this weapon)

focus fire - good for long range weapons with high spread. If your weapon is not good in long range, you needn't care about the spread since you won't do damage. Useless for slow firing weapons such as the T-32 or T21-b. (RT-97C)

ion shot - you think this is good for walkers and you are right. But that's not all. Very effective against shields. One to two shots take down the personal shield. Remember that.

personal shield - All round. Nothing more to say. You see a grenade or even an thermal imploder(!), but you cannot flee? => shield. You need to quickly activate an drop pod but there are so many enemies? => shield. You have the cargo and nobody is there to defeat you? => shield.... There are only a few things that can still hurt you: homing shot, mart rocket, ion shot, cycler rifle, proximity bomb, direct impact of an thermal det or imploder.

Traits
bodyguard - you take less explosive damage, on lvl 3 less laser damage. But to be honest, you'll never reach lvl 3 for long time and so much explosive damage you'll never take. There are better traits.

survivalist - faster regeneration and on lvl 3 you take health from kills. lvl 3 is again very nice if you make much kills. But faster regeneration? Either you killed the enemy and you have time to regenerate or you die and than you have no benefit from this.

bounty hunter - get power up, on lvl3 reduce cool down of weapons. This is very nice, since you can get some really cool things. Even on mods like cargo you can get shields or air strike, what you cannot get from the pick up items.

scout - you won't be shown on the map, later firing won't be shown and on lvl3 your weapon heat will be reduced with every kill. My absolute favourite!! Why? This is one of the traits were the lvl3 bonus is just an little extra. It's very use full to run behind the enemy without being seen. But remember, you are not the only one who can use this ;)

sharpshooter - with every headshot you'll reduce the cool down for your weapons. If you are good in headshots, that's your trait. If not, don't use it (if you are on my team :mrgreen:).

I hope that helps others here to spend their money to the right weapons.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by CdtFox »

I'm just very really edgy today....but when I say really it's really really....but What happen?!

Oh, I just want to play some matches in multiplayer....when I go play I found myself with lvl 0, 0 creds without star cards or stats!! I was level 31! With tons of star cards (upgraded), weapons and much more!!! :cry:

If someone found a solution, please shot me a P.M!!

Thanks EA & Dice :x

This is the first time I got this...why?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Same here. I wanted to report, but the support site already told me that they know about this bug and will fix it.

btw. you were lvl 31 with some star cards.
I was lvl50, all star cards bought and upgraded, all weapons and all traits bought. and some new skins.
pretty sure i lost more :wink:
But i've still my K/D and all other stats. If you ask me, they could reset my self kills :mrgreen:

If you fell sad, look at the companion everything is fine there.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Never had that issue myself but I've heard that restarting the game or logging into the companion app might fix it.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

I restarted more than once and checked the companion to see whether it works there. But I just got an answer from the support team. It should be fixed now. Haven't test it. Will try tomorrow.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by CdtFox »

Anakin wrote:Same here. I wanted to report, but the support site already told me that they know about this bug and will fix it.

btw. you were lvl 31 with some star cards.
I was lvl50, all star cards bought and upgraded, all weapons and all traits bought. and some new skins.
pretty sure i lost more :wink:
But i've still my K/D and all other stats. If you ask me, they could reset my self kills :mrgreen:

If you fell sad, look at the companion everything is fine there.
Yeah sorry, you're right...I was so.... :x I have thought only for me, like a selfish... :oops:
you were lvl 31 with some star cards.
No, at lvl 31 you can unlock all the star cards except the bowcaster one...I bought them all...
I restarted more than once and checked the companion to see whether it works there. But I just got an answer from the support team. It should be fixed now. Haven't test it. Will try tomorrow.
Thanks for reporting Anakin!!! Hope it's will be good to play...testing now..

Good luck... :wink: