Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by giftheck »

Marth8880 wrote:
Anakin wrote:I really disappointed that they already wanna release the new battlefront 2 next year.
Sounds an awful lot like Pandemic's Battlefront 2, eh? :lol:
Actually there's more time between the release of EA's SWBF and EA's SWBF2 (two years), than there was between Pandemic's (one year)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Release EA BF1: end 2015
Release EA BF2: begin 2017

for me it is 1 year, maybe 1,5.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote:Release EA BF1: end 2015
Release EA BF2: begin 2017

for me it is 1 year, maybe 1,5.
Did they confirm the release date? Because I got the impression they are to release it around the same time as Episode VIII.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

not sure where i read it, but as far as i know they said spring 2017
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Corra_Ashu datamined the game and found code for Instant Action. So far, it indicated Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron with all vanilla and free DLC maps. Somebody enabled the menu in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y4b9zpIhsU
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Anakin wrote:not sure where i read it, but as far as i know they said spring 2017
It's just 2017 for now. I have a feeling it'll be late 2017, too, because the 4th Battlefront DLC is going to be released early 2017.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Anakin wrote:not sure where i read it, but as far as i know they said spring 2017
It's just 2017 for now. I have a feeling it'll be late 2017, too, because the 4th Battlefront DLC is going to be released early 2017.
That's been changed to December now from what I have been told.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Do you have a source on that? The EA website and Season Pass description still says Early 2017.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I believe it was said at E3 but I'll have to try and find a source with regards to that.

BTW, did anybody read my post above regarding Instant Action? It's coming.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

got it. Is it possible this will come to all for free?? (official by ea??)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote:got it. Is it possible this will come to all for free?? (official by ea??)
I believe Dennis (EA's community liason) did confirm that Instant Action (not officially titled by him yet - I hear he was peeved we found this in the Bespin files - the official title is 'offline content') would be free of charge. No word yet on whether the Season Pass content will be included in Instant Action yet, but I see no reason why it shouldn't.

Here's a break down of what has been found in the Bespin files:

-The Instant Action menu option (see the video above)
-The ability to pick your faction at the start of a match
-Tokens are in (hero, vehicles, weapons)
-40v40 matches are in
-You can use whatever you have unlocked in MP, including your star cards, customizations etc.
-Indications in the files that more modes are to come to Instant Action, probably why it wasn't ready for Spring like they originally wanted it to be.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I just hope you can get hutt contracts and diorama stuff from single player modes. Playing as the Falcon or Slave I for 10 hours is impossible in a 32-player game mode where you've got 15 other guys on your team trying to get the *one* hero token you need for that. And the new Hutt contract that wants you to arm and disarm 5 sabotage things is basically impossible for the same reason. After 5 hours in the Bespin playlist, I've only armed 1 and I've disarmed 2. And it's only going to get harder once more players figure out how to play that mode and start locking down the objectives. At this rate, it'll take me 25 hours to unlock a single card. Or, in layman's terms, more time than it took to unlock all of the cards that came with the original game.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

So pretty much EA announces a sequel, then finally starts adding things that should have been at launch 6 months later?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I mean, that's the cynical way to look at it.

Another way is that, after launch, they listened to the things players wanted and are starting to implement them as quickly as they can (development takes time), but the publisher also wants to make it a biennial release, so they're trying to make the first game as good as possible for the people who already paid money as opposed to forcing them to wait for the next installment and spend more money.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Kingpin wrote:So pretty much EA announces a sequel, then finally starts adding things that should have been at launch 6 months later?
Only because there was a massive campaign for them to include it. If there wasn't, Instant Action would have been a thing of Battlefronts past.

In all fairness to the devs, I think they realised that Instant Action is just as big a part of the Battlefront legacy.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:....so they're trying to make the first game as good as possible for the people who already paid money as opposed to forcing them to wait for the next installment and spend more money.
Greedy...maybe a reason why Greedo had more priority than any other imperial "heroes" in the first (or second?) place.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

ggctuk wrote:
Anakin wrote:got it. Is it possible this will come to all for free?? (official by ea??)
I believe Dennis (EA's community liason) did confirm that Instant Action (not officially titled by him yet - I hear he was peeved we found this in the Bespin files - the official title is 'offline content') would be free of charge. No word yet on whether the Season Pass content will be included in Instant Action yet, but I see no reason why it shouldn't.

Here's a break down of what has been found in the Bespin files:

-The Instant Action menu option (see the video above)
-The ability to pick your faction at the start of a match
-Tokens are in (hero, vehicles, weapons)
-40v40 matches are in
-You can use whatever you have unlocked in MP, including your star cards, customizations etc.
-Indications in the files that more modes are to come to Instant Action, probably why it wasn't ready for Spring like they originally wanted it to be.
I hope there will be a way to play it as a private match with some friends (2-4) and the rest are KI.

Twilight_Warrior wrote:I just hope you can get hutt contracts and diorama stuff from single player modes. Playing as the Falcon or Slave I for 10 hours is impossible in a 32-player game mode where you've got 15 other guys on your team trying to get the *one* hero token you need for that. And the new Hutt contract that wants you to arm and disarm 5 sabotage things is basically impossible for the same reason. After 5 hours in the Bespin playlist, I've only armed 1 and I've disarmed 2. And it's only going to get harder once more players figure out how to play that mode and start locking down the objectives. At this rate, it'll take me 25 hours to unlock a single card. Or, in layman's terms, more time than it took to unlock all of the cards that came with the original game.
yes and specially it's impossible to win 100 vs 25 at TDM (just possible if you are playing with the En'Ten against some "noobs" :P), or to take down falcon and slave, because there is always someone else who made the last shot.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

There is to be 'co-op', yes. Looks like it is limited to two players though.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

It's a beginning. But i think more then 2 would be better. I mean private walker assault games are not very good if you don't have at least 20 friends (10 vs 10) being online and playing with you. And as far as i know the party is limited to 8. So 4 on 4 walker is just stupid. That way it would be better if there are KI support in private matches.
They even don't need instant action. Just add the ability in private matches to turn on/off KI and to start alone. That's it.

Is there anyone who already tried Bespin?? I don't wanna spend that much money on this BF, since they already announced the next BF game. But this one looks very good. i wish i had not bought Outer Rim, and took only Bespin, or the Season Pass when it was reduced to 35 €
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

It's okay. The locations themselves are top-notch, but you're still restricted in that you can't choose what map you want to play on, only what mode.