Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by CdtFox »

Anakin wrote: Is there anyone who already tried Bespin?? I don't wanna spend that much money on this BF, since they already announced the next BF game. But this one looks very good. i wish i had not bought Outer Rim, and took only Bespin, or the Season Pass when it was reduced to 35 €
Personately I really loved the Outer Rim One, if I have the bespin dlc I think I would prefer the outer rim because it's much more close quarter, plus I can't manage to have good plays in fighters quadron a mod that I really dislike because of that, but that's just my opinion :lol:
ggctuk wrote:It's okay. The locations themselves are top-notch, but you're still restricted in that you can't choose what map you want to play on, only what mode.
EA said something about that? We will be able to choose our maps? Great to hear!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Well, they are trying to work on it from what Dennis said on the EA forum
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

I had fighter squadron, too. i needed to play it for some challenges. But that KI kills are no kills is stupid. And the alliance wins always. The imps are so underpowered because of not having shields. And if you ask me the auto aim distance is shorter for the imps, too. So let's say the imps will have a more accurate aim and a higher aim distance then the alliance, they should be of the same power.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CdtFox »

Ahh...yeah...with the bespin DLC there is lot of bugs...as usual...

Who wants to experience a full walker assault match? On some maps (endor, sullust, jakku) the first ulplinks station don't disapear so at the end of the match you will be able to see 6 uplinks stations! At some times they work so the imps have to attack at 4 locations at the same times!...Don't think at the result...4 or 6 working stations = a lot of Y-wing!= defeat for the imps! :runaway:

Plus, for me, the orbital strike dosen't work proprely...I launched the strike and we can hear the sound as usual but no effects or damage...the rebels are in safety!! (same issue with Nien Nunb 's orbital strike) :faint:

Someone ever tried to oneshot cloudcity cars wih cycler rifle? I saw a vid and a guy killed one of this car in oneshot...the car had all his life!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

CdtFox wrote:Ahh...yeah...with the bespin DLC there is lot of bugs...as usual...

Who wants to experience a full walker assault match? On some maps (endor, sullust, jakku) the first ulplinks station don't disapear so at the end of the match you will be able to see 6 uplinks stations! At some times they work so the imps have to attack at 4 locations at the same times!...Don't think at the result...4 or 6 working stations = a lot of Y-wing!= defeat for the imps! :runaway:
Yeah, I heard about that. Another glitch is a collision bug in the Cloud City map: there's a parked AT-AT at the back of the map where the Imperials start in Walker Assault (or where the final Turning Point CP is) and the scaffolding around the parked AT-AT has no collision.
CdtFox wrote:Someone ever tried to oneshot cloudcity cars wih cycler rifle? I saw a vid and a guy killed one of this car in oneshot...the car had all his life!
Cloud Cars are very weak in the health department.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Can someone explain the uplinks for walker assault to me??

I wonder how much uplinks are needed and how long does it take to get the y-wings??

When i played we always get one uplink activate (the circle was completely blue) but then the y-wing did not come. Do we need to activate both uplinks at the same time to get the y-wing, or how does it work??
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote:Can someone explain the uplinks for walker assault to me??

I wonder how much uplinks are needed and how long does it take to get the y-wings??

When i played we always get one uplink activate (the circle was completely blue) but then the y-wing did not come. Do we need to activate both uplinks at the same time to get the y-wing, or how does it work??
It takes roughly 30 seconds to get an Uplink lock-on. When that happens, one Y-Wing strike is added to your total. If before that count is up, the Uplink is disabled, when you restart it, it starts counting from 0 again for the next lock-on. You do not need both uplinks, but if you have both active, you will potentially get more Y-wing strikes. Nor do you lose Y-Wing strikes when the uplinks are offline - you just won't add any more Y-Wings to the count.

EDIT: My current post count should have me declared Captain of the Starship Enterprise :P
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

So if i activate an uplink, i need to hold it 30 sec and then an y-wing fires on the walker?? And what do the y-wings in the middle top of the screen indicate??
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote:So if i activate an uplink, i need to hold it 30 sec and then an y-wing fires on the walker?? And what do the y-wings in the middle top of the screen indicate??
Not exactly.

Basically, the match is split into three parts, with two phases each: Uplink phase and Attack phase. During the Uplink phase, you have to keep the uplinks active to add Y-Wings to your count. Those Y-Wings then fire on the AT-AT during the Attack phase where their strikes make the walker vulnerable to damage. The more Y-Wings you add to your count, the longer the Attack Phase is. Once your Y-Wings are used up, the next part begins with a new Uplink phase. So on and so forth until the AT-AT reaches the end of the map (Imperial win) or you destroy it (Rebels win). It's not uncommon to destroy the AT-AT in the second phase. I remember not long after launch, that used to happen on the Endor map a lot.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

ah ok. So while holding an uplink active, we get more and more y-wings. and those y-wings will all attack the at-at??

What about the 3rd attack phase. is it possible that the at-at will reach the end, before the 3rd attack phase ends??

And how can i do this speeder take down?? I know how it technical works. But i never could be near enough or someone kills me. I really wanna do this once.

what's your name at Origin??
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote:ah ok. So while holding an uplink active, we get more and more y-wings. and those y-wings will all attack the at-at??

What about the 3rd attack phase. is it possible that the at-at will reach the end, before the 3rd attack phase ends??

And how can i do this speeder take down?? I know how it technical works. But i never could be near enough or someone kills me. I really wanna do this once.

what's your name at Origin??
Yes to your first question. All your 'saved-up' Y-Wings strike the AT-AT during the Attack phase which makes it vulnerable to your attacks. As for the third attack phase, all attack phases only end once you run out of Y-Wings. The AT-AT will never pre-emptively fire on their target until that happens. The speeder takedown is tricky. I've never accomplished it myself - partly because I find T-47 Airspeeder icons so rare (another perk to having Instant Action in the near future) - and partly because by the time I get to one and get it in the air, it's eitehr too late or somebody fires an Ion Torpedo, which pretty much finished you if you're in the process of tow-cabling an AT-AT.

I don't have Origin, I'm playing on PS4.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

All right thanks

==EDIT==

last week i was successful at an AT-AT take down. (saved it as a video).
And yesterday i played with my brother and our team wasn't good (actually, we were not good either) So at the end (not much uplink activated) we both were in an T47 and killed synchron both AT-ATs. Both had about 75% of their health left.

And nobody fired on us XD when the enemies noticed they lost, they were a kind of angry and our team was acclaiming our victory. I really love this take down.

Just one question: How can you reach the accomplishment At-At damage streak?? I made two instand At-At kills, but still no at-at- damage streak.

EDIT
Sorry for Double post, but I'm on my mobile phone and editing is very difficult.

Only today season pass for 20€ at Amazon (prime day)

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

And THIS is the editor that DICE said is 'too advanced' for us to use.

https://vimeo.com/172293963
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

ggctuk wrote:And THIS is the editor that DICE said is 'too advanced' for us to use.

To be fair, I'm fairly certain that DICE were referring to everything else being too complicated for modders to use (which I still think is BS, of course) - so stuff like scripting, engine programming, etc. Their level editor is probably very similar to UnrealEd or the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. (it actually looks uncannily similar to UnrealEd based on what we saw in that video alone)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

ggctuk wrote:And THIS is the editor that DICE said is 'too advanced' for us to use.

looks very complicated to me :P

I really like this "auto integrate" to make the ground fit to new placed objects.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Instant Action (or "Skirmish", as it is now called) has been officially confirmed by DICE, and it will release next week on the 20th: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlef ... his-summer

Currently it only supports Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron, but there will probably be more modes added later. And even if there isn't, this is still a vast improvement over the singleplayer we had before.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Yes that's right. But i don't like the name. In german it is called Gefecht (=combat) And i don't think that is a good name. What about instant action??
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

I'm guessing they felt it wasn't 'true' Instant Action as the originals had it (literally the MP maps and modes offline with bots and no further changes) whereas Skirmsh has differences with MP. For instance, you will have a similar Star Card setup as you do in the Battles and Survival maps (two pre-set hands, one of your own choosing).

So far, here is what's confirmed:

-Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron modes.
-Enemy AI can fly hero vehicles in Fighter Squadron
-The AI 'classes' will be more diverse than they are in Battles and Survival. Also, Smart Rocket carriers will mainly target vehicles instead of units now.
-You will be able to change your blaster upon dying, unlike Survival and Battles.
-You will be able to choose your faction at the start of the match.
-You will be able to play co-operatively or competitively with one other player. Splitscreen appears on consoles.
-Hero tokens appear on Walker Assault.
-Star Card hands work pretty much like they do in Missions: two pre-set Star Card hands with a third being your own. As I have been told, each faction has a different choice of hands to each other, and Endor hands are completely different to the ones on other maps.
-We will get to play the Hoth, Sullust and Endor maps (those are confirmed through either the press release or the twitter responses - we will most likely be getting Jakku and Tatooine as well)
-There will be a post-match scoreboard and AI will be present on there (akin to the old Instant Action).

EA got the date wrong. The update is being rolled out on Thursday (21st July) and not Wednesday.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

sounds good so far. But is only co-op possible? i'd like to play with 2 or 3 friends + KI.

Because i'll never find about 20 friends being online at the same time to play with them Walker assault alone.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote:sounds good so far. But is only co-op possible? i'd like to play with 2 or 3 friends + KI.

Because i'll never find about 20 friends being online at the same time to play with them Walker assault alone.
Yeah, it's only max. 2 players. However, there is of course a chance they introduce bots into Private Match. I'm sure I've been seeing more bots in other modes as of late where not all the player slots have been filled.