Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by commanderawesome »

Death Star DLC teaser trailer

New details for Death Star:
  • The heroes are Chewbacca and Bossk.
  • Space battles and trench run confirmed.
  • There will be new Imperial customization. (Imperial Officers?)
  • There will be "Multi-Stage Gameplay".
  • There will be Rebel fleet troopers. (Unclear whether they are an unlockable skin or the default outfit for the Death Star. I'm betting on the latter.)
  • It looks like we'll be getting Luke's X-Wing and the TIE Advanced as new hero vehicles.
Also, finally some details on the fourth expansion pack:
  • It's called Rogue One: Scarif. Guess what movie it's based on.
  • Scarif is the tropical planet seen in the trailers.
  • The heroes are Jyn Erso and Director Krennic.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

i wish it was obi wan with fight style from ep3 (against Anakin) and not that slow boring Death Star battle against vader.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

So, I spoke to DICE at the Star Wars Celebration event. My questions were practically nonexistant as they largely were about Skirmish and they mostly got answered overnight so I was left with a few suggestions. The responses boiled down to priorities and demand. They seemed okay with the ideas but here's a break down of things:

-My first suggestion was about the Season Pass support for Skirmishes. This is one we should post on the forums about, because I'm certain more people would invest in the Season Pass if there was support for it in Skirmishes.
-Magmatrooper and Sandtrooper pauldrons tied to rank. The guy I spoke to was a level designer so couldn't really comment on this but said he would pass it on.
-Blast-to-Battles and Missions-to-Blast: I asked about whether it would be possible to add the Blast maps to Battles, as there isn't a great selection of maps in Battles to begin with. I also asked if it were possible to bring over the unique Missions maps (of which there are currently five - two in Battles and three in Survival). The response was that they could look into doing this if there was enough demand for it.
-And my last was a map editor. I expressed my interest in modding for the first game and stated that I'm sure it would be a good thing if players could create their own maps. I suggested that, as this would prove difficult to implement in multiplayer, they could make a map editor that allows us to create new maps in Missions and Skirmishes. Again, the answer was that this would be a good idea but it would be up to demand.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

ggctuk wrote:So, I spoke to DICE at the Star Wars Celebration event. My questions were practically nonexistant as they largely were about Skirmish and they mostly got answered overnight so I was left with a few suggestions. The responses boiled down to priorities and demand. They seemed okay with the ideas but here's a break down of things:

-My first suggestion was about the Season Pass support for Skirmishes. This is one we should post on the forums about, because I'm certain more people would invest in the Season Pass if there was support for it in Skirmishes.
-Magmatrooper and Sandtrooper pauldrons tied to rank. The guy I spoke to was a level designer so couldn't really comment on this but said he would pass it on.
-Blast-to-Battles and Missions-to-Blast: I asked about whether it would be possible to add the Blast maps to Battles, as there isn't a great selection of maps in Battles to begin with. I also asked if it were possible to bring over the unique Missions maps (of which there are currently five - two in Battles and three in Survival). The response was that they could look into doing this if there was enough demand for it.
-And my last was a map editor. I expressed my interest in modding for the first game and stated that I'm sure it would be a good thing if players could create their own maps. I suggested that, as this would prove difficult to implement in multiplayer, they could make a map editor that allows us to create new maps in Missions and Skirmishes. Again, the answer was that this would be a good idea but it would be up to demand.
Well, it's cool that they appear to be open to considering these.

Some more info:
  • Supports all base game WA/FS maps from MP. Including those from free game updates.
  • Your skin is random.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CdtFox »

commanderawesome wrote:
ggctuk wrote:So, I spoke to DICE at the Star Wars Celebration event. My questions were practically nonexistant as they largely were about Skirmish and they mostly got answered overnight so I was left with a few suggestions. The responses boiled down to priorities and demand. They seemed okay with the ideas but here's a break down of things:

Well, it's cool that they appear to be open to considering these.

Some more info:
  • Supports all base game WA/FS maps from MP. Including those from free game updates.
  • Your skin is random.
Skins randomized?! Great! :D
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Oh, and Stormtroopers don't have randomized skins: you play with the helmet firmly attached to your head.

EDIT: Skirmish gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeyV05vyAz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CS12IrfILw

AI have their Pandemic names (though only the Rebel names, no TK-421 etc, but Nom Carver and Kyp Astar are back!)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Can you earn Diorama things such as kills with Slave One in skirmish?? What about accomplishments??

Ok and i have some more questions about accomplishments:
=================
Fighter Master
Win by at least 75 points
=================
Anyone knows what they mean by this?? You always win with 200 points. So WHAT??
Does it mean you personally need to do 75 points (=Kills) and win?

=====================
Droid Defender Streak
Kill 10 enemies defending a droid
=====================
Do the enemies need to defend the droid, or do i need to defend the droid??
It's always a kind of difficult, what they write and what they mean. In german it is definitive the first option. But the Control Point Defender says the same and it just mean I need to defend the point
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Anakin wrote:Can you earn Diorama things such as kills with Slave One in skirmish?? What about accomplishments??

Ok and i have some more questions about accomplishments:
=================
Fighter Master
Win by at least 75 points
=================
Anyone knows what they mean by this?? You always win with 200 points. So WHAT??
Does it mean you personally need to do 75 points (=Kills) and win?
Your team has to score 75 more points at least than the other team.
Anakin wrote:=====================
Droid Defender Streak
Kill 10 enemies defending a droid
=====================
Do the enemies need to defend the droid, or do i need to defend the droid??
It's always a kind of difficult, what they write and what they mean. In german it is definitive the first option. But the Control Point Defender says the same and it just mean I need to defend the point
You need to be the one doing the defending, I believe. I'm not sure because I don't usually play Droid Run.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

All right thanks :D
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

So I just got the game on origin this weekend during their little sale thingy and I have to say it's quite impressive (or most impresssive, however you want to say it). I don't know if I was expecting that much content but so far it has great content with the skirmishes and solo battles available. Obviously If they let people mod this game it would last for twice as long as BF2 (which is really long because it's still alive), but I see no problem with EA releasing more expansion packs that will lengthen its life without modding. I do wish the rebels and stormies had different customizable skins or addons, and yeah I miss the Clone Wars alot, but for $25.00? I can't complain too much.
Hidden/Spoiler:
add me on origin so we can play ;)
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

JimmyAngler wrote:So I just got the game on origin this weekend during their little sale thingy and I have to say it's quite impressive (or most impresssive, however you want to say it). I don't know if I was expecting that much content but so far it has great content with the skirmishes and solo battles available. Obviously If they let people mod this game it would last for twice as long as BF2 (which is really long because it's still alive), but I see no problem with EA releasing more expansion packs that will lengthen its life without modding. I do wish the rebels and stormies had different customizable skins or addons, and yeah I miss the Clone Wars alot, but for $25.00? I can't complain too much.
Hidden/Spoiler:
add me on origin so we can play ;)
Friend request sent! I'm Skykiller_Legacy. I also had some spare cash and decided to pick up the game on Origin. Now I have it on both PC and PS4.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I am glad you like it. Send you both a friend request :)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

added you both. @Commander you play ps4 only right??

If you need any help, let me know. I have lots of very good friends (Ent'en Clan :P) and i'm not worse either.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Anakin wrote:@Commander you play ps4 only right??
Not anymore, I have the PC version, too now.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

I see. But you need to get better. And than we can play as gametoast clan against the enten. Lol we'd loose that so much XD.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

I am already in =AaTc=.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Are they good??
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Yeah. But we're small, and haven't really done much in EA SWBF. Hopefully that will improve with time.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CdtFox »

Will send you one request Commander Awesome, only when I'm back at home ;)
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtNR_1fMv4

This DLC looks nice in my opinion. Can't wait to watch 30 minute playthroughs soon.