Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

ZoomV
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Old Republic Map pack
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 SWTOR and GW2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by ZoomV »

Anakin wrote:What graphic card??
I had problems when using overwolfe and press win+D. And inching it causes bad I-net connection when recording a video
I don't think your issue is what I'm talking about. My problems (and my friend's) is that battlefront has caused long term instability in our rigs.

But if you must know I use a GeForce 965M with manufacturer drivers. My friend uses a Geforce 770 and idk about his drivers.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

i have an gtx970 with the latest Nvidia driver. Maybe your problem is about that: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 37b?auth=1
for me sfc says that the file is corrupted, too. But i don't have any problems. So i don't care. Specially in your case with the notebook graphic card. Is there an other Intel card installed?? What i'm thinking about is that the Nvidia driver corrupted your opencl.dll and the other graphic card cannot handle that dll anymore.
But just an idea. I'm not an expert
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Finnaly...I decided to post my problem here...

Before spending money for nothing, I've checked the "Minimum PC System Requirements" at Origin (like most of you I think)

I've checked my computer, my network connection and all was fine! So I bought the game when I was able to do it. (on january or february, can't remember well....)
From the beginning, I've started with some connection issues: my game stopped with big red messages saying that I have a too bad connection...

For some reason it was pretty hard to play on "Cargo", "Droid run", "Blast" or the new game mod with the outer rim dlc "Extraction". The problem was only with maps who have some (big) indoor parts.
(as for an exemple hot echo base and Jabba's palace are just UNPLAYABLE)

Since I started to play with Anakin I wanted to correct these bugs in order to have good and funy games.... :P I do all what they advice me, on their forum...I've contacted the support...etc.

And guess what? The only thing that has changed is that now, I don't have any "big red messages" like the other times...but my game still crash or left the multiplayer suddenly :runaway:

Does anyone have this bug? Thanks for the help :D
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Have you checked your anti virus software???
Maybe your provider blocks some IP.

Since you say only interior maps causes problems. These maps have more polys to render. So what graphic card do you have?? Which settings??
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

ZoomV wrote:Just PSA for PC users, Battlefront EA seems to be causing permanent software level damage to some PC rigs.

Let me explain. I started playing battlefront in January. At first everything was fine, over time however I started to have frequent graphics driver crashes both while playing battlefront and while using other 3d applications. Once a crash occurred I was not able to use any 3d application until after I reinstalled my graphics driver. I was able to identify Battlefront as the cause as the crashes would decrease the longer I went without playing Battlefront, with a large increase in crash frequency after playing battlefront, to the point that playing battlefront for a couple hours will result in me having to reinstall my graphics driver 3-4 times over the next couple days.
Correlation does not equal causation. People have been reporting Nvidia's "Game-Ready" drivers crash all the time, on any game, not just Battlefront. Try beta drivers. Or try older drivers. What do you mean when you say "manufacturer's drivers"? Do you mean you haven't updated them directly from Nvidia's site? You may need to go do that to get the latest driver that will actually work with Battlefront. Also make sure you're uninstalling any other drivers you don't want to use.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by CdtFox »

Anakin wrote:Have you checked your anti virus software???

Since you say only interior maps causes problems. These maps have more polys to render. So what graphic card do you have?? Which settings??
Yep, I checked my anti virus software and all is looking good...

Graphic card: "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" or "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family"

Total graphics memory: 1696 Mo.
Video memory dedicated: 64 Mo.
System video memory: 0 Mo
Shared system memory:1632 Mo

I don't know if this is the settings but it's looks like propreties. I don't know maybe it's can help.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

You checked the minimum requirements, saw that it said "Nvidia or AMD" and thought your Intel card was good enough? You need to get yourself a dedicated graphics card, man... Because you don't meet the minimum requirements with that.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/prozess ... 961,3.html
Even battlefield 3 always crashes with your graphic card.

your number of processing units: 16
GTX 660 (minimum) number of processing units: 960!!!

I wonder that the game even starts with your onboard graphic.

You may wanna take a look at this: http://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/s ... 05659.html and compare these games to Battlefront ;)
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

CdtFox wrote:

I don't know if this is the settings but it's looks like propreties. I don't know maybe it's can help.
You don't have a graphics card. You are using integrated graphics on your processor. Almost all modern games will need dedicated memory from a dedicated card.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by CdtFox »

Kingpin wrote:
CdtFox wrote:

You don't have a graphics card. You are using integrated graphics on your processor. Almost all modern games will need dedicated memory from a dedicated card.

So, it's been a long time since the last time,

I solved the problem...yes that's not a joke...

So yes i have 2 graphic cards in my computer: the Intel one and nVidia GeForce GT. By default Batlefront was correctly running with the nVidia one so the Intel card have nothing to do here...
Since the default card on my computer is the intel I wasn't able to see the propreties of the nVidia, I downloaded a special nvidia thing in order to show me the parameters.

Only 3 of 12 settings were ok.. :runaway:
I optimized the 9 left and miracle all work fine now! I'm able to run into jabba's palace without a little bug... :D

Thanks for the help guys!! :D Many thanks to Anakin for putting me on the right way! I thought it was my connection...Stupid Fox
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Great to hear. Looking forward to our next match :D

btw. I have some problems, too. Every time i play the villains on Sorosuub pipelines it falter. Looks like the FPM is very very low.

But that's the only map and only the first minutes. After a while all is fine again. And with Heros, or extraction mod or cargo. No problems. Is a little bit strange.

Graphic card: gtx 970, i5-6600K, 16GB DDR4 RAM. So i don't think it's my computer.

Someone else with the same problem??

==EDIT==

The last days i played the extraction mod, and i have a few questions about the heros you may can answer:

1) Do the hero-power-ups always appear at the same position?? e.g. Luke is always at the same place on sorusuub refinery. Or Leia on jabba's palace garage. But others do not. Does these places follow a rule??
2) Once i played there was just one hero for us (rebel) and two for the others (imp)
3) when do the Heros come?? Is it progress based, time based???
4) what happend when i got the power up and the timer went to 0?? or if i die before i can press 4??
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Anakin wrote:1) Do the hero-power-ups always appear at the same position?? e.g. Luke is always at the same place on sorusuub refinery. Or Leia on jabba's palace garage. But others do not. Does these places follow a rule??
2) Once i played there was just one hero for us (rebel) and two for the others (imp)
3) when do the Heros come?? Is it progress based, time based???
4) what happend when i got the power up and the timer went to 0?? or if i die before i can press 4??
1. I believe Hero Power Ups spawn in place of some of the regular power ups.
2. That would mean the first hero was killed in the first check point.
3. At Checkpoint 1, there's one hero, no villains. At Checkpoint 2, there's a second hero and one villain. At the final checkpoint, there's no heroes (unless the heroes from Checkpoint 1/2 survived) and a second villain.
4. If the timer hits zero or you get killed before activating the power up, the power up will respawn at a new location.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Okay, for as vocal as I have been about not liking the new Battlefront I'm totally willing to eat my words now. Bespin looks downright amazing.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

It does! And finally! New Imperial skins! Royal Guards are in, though I'm wondering if they'll be treated as Hero Support exclusives, or whether it's unlockable. I'd swap the Shock Trooper round for the Royal Guard and have the Shock Trooper as an unlockable if that's the case - it would make more sense to have the Royal Guard as Hero Support.

Anybody reckon that's Billy Dee Williams doing Lando's voice?
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

ggctuk wrote:It does! And finally! New Imperial skins! Royal Guards are in, though I'm wondering if they'll be treated as Hero Support exclusives, or whether it's unlockable.
It's been confirmed that the Shock Troopers are now unlockable skins, with Imperial Guards being the Emperor's new guards.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

DylanRocket wrote:
ggctuk wrote:It does! And finally! New Imperial skins! Royal Guards are in, though I'm wondering if they'll be treated as Hero Support exclusives, or whether it's unlockable.
It's been confirmed that the Shock Troopers are now unlockable skins, with Imperial Guards being the Emperor's new guards.
Well, that's much better! It should have been that way to begin with! I do hope that we get more Imperial skins (Officer would be nice)
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Bespin looks great, but that should have launched with the game. No way I am spending more money on it.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

Yes it looks much better. About the skins, i'd like to see some more, too. But i think i'll stay with the black skin. Since it'S the best to be not seen on most maps. Where as a whit armour with red strips on it is like an invite on maps like endor.

I really disappointed that they already wanna release the new battlefront 2 next year. i don't think that i'll spend much money on this now. One week after i decided to buy outer rim they had 30% for everything on origin. That way the season pass would've been very attractive for me. But since i already got Outer Rim i did not bought it.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Anakin wrote:I really disappointed that they already wanna release the new battlefront 2 next year.
Sounds an awful lot like Pandemic's Battlefront 2, eh? :lol: