What console should I get?

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

What console should I get?

Post by commanderawesome »

So I want to get the new Battlefront on PC, but I probably can't. So I ask you guys: what console should I get? The X-Box One or the Playstation 4? Not just for SWBF, but just in general. The only things I care about are price and reliability. Bonus points for backwards compatibility (which I seriously doubt either has).
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: What console should I get?

Post by thelegend »

Dude! What have you done? :runaway:
You just started the forbidden war between PS4 and X-Box One Gamers. This thread is going to become an endless war between them. You are going to split the community into two parts. Friends will gone. Foes will come. Now the peace is going to be over :cry:
Hidden/Spoiler:
In my opinion I would choose for PS4. I have always been a Sony fan-boy.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

thelegend wrote:Dude! What have you done? :runaway:
You just started the forbidden war between PS4 and X-Box One Gamers. This thread is going to become an endless war between them. You are going to split the community into two parts. Friends will gone. Foes will come. Now the peace is going to be over :cry:
Hidden/Spoiler:
In my opinion I would choose for PS4. I have always been a Sony fan-boy.
I love how you go from speaking about how bad the coming war will be, only to then choose a side. You've shown your true colors Mr. Legend.....I'm going to go hide now, before the nuclear fallout reaches me
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I'll get this out of the way early so the topic can be productive.

Anyway here's the deal. PS4 is better than the Xbone as a console, but the PS4 lacks any really good exclusives. Though, that seems like less of an issue for you specifically, since you'll probably want to be getting a lot of cross-platform games on it (ones that usually would be preferred on a PC).

I don't know what the PS4's backward's compatibility is like. I know the PS3 had awful PS2 backwards compatibility.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Neither PS4 nor Xbox One have backwards compatability. Currently, the Wii U is the only modern gen console with backwards compatability.

When it comes to price, since the Xbox One got rid of the Kinect requirement, the base cost is a bit cheaper than the PS4. And since PS4 requires PS+ for online multiplayer and Xbox One requires Xbox Gold, neither of them are cheaper than the other when it comes to monthly cost. So in terms of cost, Xbox One wins.

As for reliability, neither of them have any "red-ring"-like reports. You may hear stories of some consoles breaking down, but those are isolated cases. And both consoles have been out for about a year and a half now, anyway, so if there were issues at launch, they've been fixed on both systems.

Basically, if your only requirements are price and reliability, Xbox One wins on price alone.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Personally, I'm getting an Xbox One because I already have an Xbox 360, so my LIVE account will transfer over, and more of my friends have an Xbox One than a PS4. And the only next-gen games I care about are available on both systems.