Marth's UDK Map Release Thread

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Marth's UDK Map Release Thread

Post by Marth8880 »

Hey guys. I figured I'd finally release the two multiplayer maps I created in Level Design 1 last quarter: "Firebase Maxima" and "Firebase Kehlstein." The installer includes everything you need in order to play either map.

Basic Information

Engine: Unreal Engine 3 (UDK)
Base Game: Unreal Tournament 3 (NOT required to play)
Scope: Multiplayer
Game Modes Supported: CTF, VCTF
Development Time: 5 weeks (per level)

To launch the game and play a map, navigate to the install location (default: C:\UDK\Jatt Menkins Level Design\) and launch UDK.exe, located in the directory ..\Binaries\Win32\. Once the game is running and open, select "Instant Action", change the game mode to CTF, select the map you want to play (Firebase Maxima will be listed with "Rio" in the name instead of "Maxima"), set the bot count to whatever you wish in the settings, and launch the map.

Recommended Computer Specs:
Windows XP SP2/Windows Vista/Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c or DirectX 11
2.4 GHz or better dual-core (or quad-core) CPU
1+ GB of RAM
NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI X1300+ Video Card

DOWNLOAD (357.06 MB)

Firebase Maxima

Inspiration: Firebase Rio in Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer mode
Key Features: Pipes that players and bots can walk across to cut through the level and obtain certain power-ups, death pit below the platforms, sniper's nest in the central tower
Central Choice / Challenge: Take the faster, more-direct, more-exposed route through the heart of the level and be fully exposed to the sniper nest or take the slower, less-direct, less-exposed side paths?
Play Style Focus: Tower defense: defend your team’s CTF base by dominating the Sniper’s Nest
Art Style: Large underground manmade river/aqueduct – dirty, metallic

Layout (a bit different from the final product):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Firebase Kehlstein

Inspiration: A dream I had (layout & structures) & Kehlsteinhaus, Hitler’s mountain-summit retreat (location)
Key Features: Platforming bits adjacent to each team base, automatic shutters in the team bases and tower outposts, central defense tower, vehicles adjacent to each team base
Central Choice / Challenge: Navigate around the central structure on either side or proceed through or up it?
Play Style Focus: Tower defense: hold the ultimate all-seeing vantage point by dominating the central tower
Art Style: Night (but not dark), mountainous, natural integrated with manmade

Layout (a bit different from the final product):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Marth's UDK Map Release Thread

Post by thelegend »

This game is absolutely amazing :D

I really love the map design and structure. Unfortunately I can only play the first map because there are no selectable maps in the map list.
I don't know if this is a common bug or only happens to me but everything else works like a charm.
I like the player models and weapons you have made. But the most thing I like most is the sound design. I like the sound when I shoot some of these...(I am sorry what were their names?). It reminds strongly on Ratched&Clank because there were robotic guys similiar to them in your game. They even made the same noise when I hit them.
The map itself is really fun to play. I like the compact, industrial design. Especially the platforms and textures and the green water.
I haven't found any bugs. But my only personal problem are probably the high graphics. I don't know If am able to reduce the graphics down because they slow my PC a bit. But it's still a lot fun to play.

You spent a lot of time in making these levels and games and I really love playing them :thumbs:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Marth's UDK Map Release Thread

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

That's some pretty solid level design marth.