MMOs with archery?

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

MMOs with archery?

Post by Noobasaurus »

Recently I've been wanting to play a game with archery. One where I can run around, aim my bow, and shoot. Obviously it can have plenty of other classes, but I just want at least that kind of archer. I've been googling it and I haven't found a good free game. I also want at least decent graphics.

I remember playing an MMORPG some years ago where I was in some sort of town, and then I got a mission to kill bears outside of it. I went outside and used my bow to kill the bears. I know it's not very descriptive, but if any of you know of that specific game, I would appreciate it a lot.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: MMOs with archery?

Post by MileHighGuy »

Not an MMO, but Mount and Blade: Warband has excellent archery and a good melee system. Warband has multiplayer. There is a mod called crpg for it that makes it like an MMO, with a persistent character you level up and gear up by battling other people. But prepare to get stomped if you jump right into crpg.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Thanks, but I'm looking for free games. From what I saw on the website, the game is unfortunately not free. I should have made that more prominent in the first post.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Warframe is a free third person shooter that has bows in it. They're actually some of the most powerful weapons in the game.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll try it out. I looked at some gameplay and it looks pretty interesting.

EDIT: I tried it out and the bow is awesome! The melee mechanics are really cool as well. I just couldn't find any ammo for the bow, and unfortunately it did not look like it was open world. I searched a bit more and found TERA. Even though the bow mechanics aren't that great, it's kind of the game I was looking for.