KOTOR Remake

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

KOTOR Remake

Post by Kingpin »

Remember that Project Apeiron? The one that was a remake of KOTOR I in Unreal4?

Well, they just dropped some video footage, and it's looking stunning.
http://epicstream.com/videos/First-Ever ... e-4-Remake
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: KOTOR Remake

Post by Maveritchell »

I know why it happens, but boy, is it disheartening to see fun projects start art-first (vs. tech-first). It's a great way to identify work that's only ever going to exist as pretty footage.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Maveritchell wrote:I know why it happens, but boy, is it disheartening to see fun projects start art-first (vs. tech-first). It's a great way to identify work that's only ever going to exist as pretty footage.
A million times this. This will crash and burn for the simple fact that there's not a single NPC, not one weapon, not one bit of UI or coding other than basic level design scripting. It's someone who's great at making levels with delusions of grandeur.

I don't like being rude, but I'm also a realist. For the reasons Mav already pointed out it will never be more than a happy level or group of levels that never get released.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

Yeah, I saw this project a couple weeks ago and before I entered their website I thought "my goodness this could be amazing". And then I got to their site and read their ideas, and saw that they only have a couple basic areas "finished" and I realized that it will likely burn out in the early stages. Which is sad because I would pay a lot of money for a really good KotOR remake or sequel.

Edit: That being said, I would love for these people to prove me wrong about the project. :)