Halo 4

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Halo 4

Post by Teancum »

Yep. It's been a long time coming, but we're up and running now! :thumbs:
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

So today¿s TU.

All new skins, stances, armor sets and everything was added, including the items from the MacFarlane Series 2.

I am disapointed about the armor mods not being available for Spartan Ops, and if the armor sets are in the same position, then I am going to be a little more disapointed about it.

Survivor kinda bugs me :/, the rest is great.

Also, somebody found a trick to get to use the new weapon skins early, including the MacFarlane Series 2 skins.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

So Ricochet? Yeah, it's fun. :thumbs: Pitfall and Vertigo are both awesome as well. I love the optional updates to the sword room/overshield tunnel in Pitfall as well. They really improve flow. I'm a little disappointed in the Mark V helmet, though. It looks great, but I forgot that the visor didn't have any markings on it, and so wearing steel/orange armor with a frost colored visor looks awful. I went back to the Air Assault helmet. I used the shoulders and *I think* the legs and forearms of it, though.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Pitfall: New rooms are okay I guess. No one really used the hallway under sword so I don't know why it needed to have even more unused space. It's The Pit, so of course it's good, but only when armor abilities aren't involved. Jetpack breaks it.

Vertigo: I went in feeling it was going to be the worst map ever, but I was glad to find out it's perfectly mediocre. I would have been fine with a forge map done the same way, but at least it looks better than a forge map. The swat button needs to be turned off for objective gametypes, as it completely removes any skill involved with taking control of an area.

Skins/Armor: They don't work in Spartan Ops, neither do the new perks. Boo. Mark V is good, I just wish they would have gone with a more traditional color pattern instead of tribal warpaint like every other armor in the game. ODST is awkward looking, the head is too bulbous and the body is all sorts of mismatched. Prefect is good, but it clashes way too much with the visual style of the other armors. Bonus points to Prefect for looking like Shockwave.

New Perks: Absolutely terrible with almost no thought put into them. Resistor brings back the worst part of Reach: people being able to sprint away while not being significantly slowed down by being shot. Recharge is not nearly significant enough to actually be worth a slot, and shields should be recharging that fast anyway. Survivor is actually the dumbest decision I have ever seen in a video game. I don't even have to explain why, just look at what BTB has already become.

Achievements: Terrible. Not only are they the typical multiplayer achievements which end up changing the entire flow of the game because little Timothan needs to stand still for 60 seconds after getting a kill, they did the ALWAYS ANNOYING uneven gamerscore thing that pretty much requires you to get both of the achievements or else end up with some nonsense number like 19643.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

You know, it sounds like you gave up on Halo 4 a long time ago. 80% of your comments towards the game are mostly negative. Ironically enough (dunno if you do) but while so many people praise Halo 3, I just can't play it any more. I played a lan party with 10 guys the other day, and it just felt... slow.

To each their own, I guess. But I've noticed how people critique DLC and updates are all based on how people already feel about the game -- negative or positive.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Whether or not I've been harsh on Halo 4 in the past doesn't render my opinions on the content in this bundle moot. The purpose of that post was to point out the flaws, not to fight against the evil forces of 343 or something. It's better to tell people about what's wrong with something before they buy, after all, so they can look at the PR AND what the PR leaves out.

Anyways, I finally got around to playing Ricochet. It's quite fun, and I would love to see it worked on further in this title and future ones. It's not a replacement for Assault by any means, but I like it.

Unfortunately (and by unfortunately I mean "this probably won't be fixed due to the size of the fixes") there are a few glitches in this update and map pack.
- All of the new model shoulders and arms armor appear as the incorrect model. For the arms, they show up as Inner-Plated, and all four of the shoulder pieces switch between Scout and Protector.
-As I mentioned in my last post, none of the new armors or perks work in Spartan Ops, but now we have confirmation from the Waypoint Twitter that this will not be fixed. I understand why (not wanting to have 5 GB update for Spops) but it kind of sucks as the armor would be perfect for it.
- Also, Tean, seeing as you know forgers, can you pass on the fact that Frag Grenades are bugged on Vertigo? I haven't tested the ordnance variety, but frags placed on the map are not able to be picked up. They can still be shot to make them explode. This is bad for anyone who wanted to make a Legendary Slayer version of the map.

Also, everybody download AstroTurf by nillapuddin. It's probably my favorite forge remake ever. Bonus points for not trying to forge a downed Scarab where it used to be. :P
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

So, who's preordering the GOTY Edition? I am just because I have been looking for the bonuses.

If the Bundle was a great deal IMO, this edition is perfect.

If you still dont know what it is... :google: