Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Leaked Halo: Reach screenshots

Post by Fusion »

My only question is, "Why this has been going on for a page and a half?"

and why did it spill over to the Bungie forums?

But anyways, yes, the scans aren't technically legal, but they're gone now so it doesn't matter.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

All I know is that I hope you can get mega-beefed armor like Jorge's. Talk about intimidating - he looks like a walking tank.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

Teancum wrote:I definitely agree that you can't trust a Wiki for everything, but how did you gather your info? Surely you aren't digging through every book and game right now.
I have been playing through the Halos trying to get achievements and whilst I was sick I decided to go see what the number of Spartans was.

The Omega Team thing I realize is totally wrong because there were many Spartans still alive at that time who could have been put in Omega Team.
Fusion wrote:and why did it spill over to the Bungie forums?
Because I put it there.

The revised Bungie Forum post. This makes total sense.
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Blue Dalek (me)"]The Spartan program had 150 candidates, but only 75 were picked for the program. 30 died (only 26 died, Black Team consisted of Spartans listed as dead after failed augmentations, but they are not part of this), while 12 were too deformed for active duty. This leaves us with 33 Spartans.

All KIA, unless noted otherwise.
1. John - MIA
2. Sam - MIA
3. Linda - MIA
4. Kelly - MIA
5. Fred - MIA
6. Adriana- MIA
7. Mike - MIA
8. Jai - MIA
9. Jerome - MIA
10. Alice - MIA
11. Douglas - MIA
12. Li
13. Kurt
14. Anton
15. Grace
16. Will
17. Isaac
18. Vinh
19-21. 3 Others (Unnamed in Fall of Reach, Delta Team)
22. Cal
23. Solomon
24. Malcolm
25. Maria - Retired
26. Randall
27. James
28. Sheila
29. Arthur
30. Keiichi
And 3 others beside Malcolm that died when they impacted Reach.

This does not leave room for Jorge, thus he is illegit.[/quote]
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

This is the point I'm trying to get to:
19-21. 3 Others (Unnamed in Fall of Reach, Delta Team)
You can't just assume that one of those three isn't Jorge. You can't assume it is, either. -- That's the whole point. There's room there.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of keeping things in-line with canon too, so I hope Bungie can explain what is truly anomalous during the game. Stuff like Phantoms on Reach I have no trouble with, but I do have lots of questions. Still, I trust Bungie with their own series that they invented. I mean one of their lead guys, Joseph Staten, is a writer himself and helped develop the series.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

I have First Strike in front of me...Delta Team consisted of the 6 Spartans too wounded to fight effectively unless prone. They were wounded on impact with Reach, so unless Jorge is a seriously wounded Spartan, I doubt he belonged to Delta.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

And yet Dr Halsey can flash-clone organs and whatnot to heal them. Who's to say he didn't get picked up and healed by the UNSC? You're assuming too much.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Teancum wrote:And yet Dr Halsey can flash-clone organs and whatnot to heal them. Who's to say he didn't get picked up and healed by the UNSC? You're assuming too much.
If Jorge was healed within CASTLE, then he would have never been part of Noble Team because those Spartans were all killed, and those who did survive escaped in a Spirit.

And in the Trailer, as soon as Covies Slipspace in we hear that Noble Team on the ground. This indicates that Jorge would not have landed with Red Team first off. Red Team lands later.
Thire
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Thire »

My question is why are you sitting here trying everything you possibly can to prove the creators of the series wrong? I realize canon is a big deal, I'm into it as well, but it really doesn't seem worth it to sit here and try to convince everyone that someone in a Video Game can't exist.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Thire wrote:but it really doesn't seem worth it to sit here and try to convince everyone that someone in a Video Game can't exist
I'm saying he's not one of the legitimate 33 Spartan-IIs that survived augmentations, and it's all fun.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

As long as you're not at home busting into a cold sweat......:P
plasmoidmonkey
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by plasmoidmonkey »

I'm pretty sure that Bungie said that if a book and the games contradict each other, the book is automatically non-canon. And since Halo's canon is so muddled anyway, it doesn't matter as much as it would in other games.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

SilvaDalek wrote:
Teancum wrote:And yet Dr Halsey can flash-clone organs and whatnot to heal them. Who's to say he didn't get picked up and healed by the UNSC? You're assuming too much.
If Jorge was healed within CASTLE, then he would have never been part of Noble Team because those Spartans were all killed, and those who did survive escaped in a Spirit.
I wasn't implying he ever made it to CASTLE base. :?
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Teancum wrote:
SilvaDalek wrote:
I wasn't implying he ever made it to CASTLE base. :?
If Jorge belonged to Delta then he would have been killed or healed in CASTLE.

Jorge could not have been part of Delta for many reasons, including landing times, health, and locations.

Kinda off topic about flash cloning:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I don't think flash cloning was an easy process to perform in the field, Halsey was able to do this because she had an underground lab, and what she did took some time.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

plasmoidmonkey wrote:I'm pretty sure that Bungie said that if a book and the games contradict each other, the book is automatically non-canon. And since Halo's canon is so muddled anyway, it doesn't matter as much as it would in other games.
The Truth. If he's in the game, he exists. Unless he's the ghost of Spartans future or something. I guess there's tons of ways he could exist, consideringthe story us a quasi-fantasy story, but then again, Bungie is HALO overlord, server host, diety, however you wanna say it, so if he's in the game you might as well say he's canon.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Yeah, those are from the new GI. You'll be able to ride civilian vehicles!
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Yeah, I have that GI, there will be limited customization for the main character, and also armor enhancements will have an effect on gameplay...armor = perks? I couldn't tell if this is exactly what it means, or if this is talking about pickups like sprint and all.
Master of Stickmen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Location: In your ear, pretending to be that voice in your head you call your "concience".

Post by Master of Stickmen »

man! those new jackals (i think) look nasty!

EDIT
I'm totally pre-ordering this.
MetroidNut
Private Second Class

Post by MetroidNut »

As usual, I'm hoping for the smallest - and strangest - of things. Specifically, I hope the guns have more kick to them; the Halo 3 AR was one of my favorite weapons of all time, but it still just -felt- weak, somehow. Same goes for the SMG and maybe even the BR. Not sure what Bungie plans on doing, but I hope they find a way to make them feel more powerful (the new sound effects talked about by GI seem like a good start).

I also hope there ISN'T dual-wielding; dual-wielding, though it's fun and opens up lots of possibilities, meant that some of my favorite weapons to use in Halo 3 - the magnum, the SMG - were nigh-useless if you were only carrying one. Oh, and I really hope they keep the old Battle Rifle in there. Maybe Bungie could give it decreased accuracy to fit inbetween the Designated Marksman Rifle we saw in those old screenshots and the Assault Rifle. That would also let them restore the rate-of-fire to Halo 2 glory....
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Bungie just put some new in-engine pics as well as some concept art up on the project page, I don't want to post them all here cuz I know some are from the GI mag and some are from the VGAs trailer, so I'll just link to the project page: Click for awesomes!
The picture of the skirmishers up close with teh plasma pistol just may become my new avatar, they look awesome.
Also, anyone else having trouble downloading the Lone Wolf song from the website?