Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Re: Leaked Halo: Reach screenshots

Post by SilvaDalek »

Thire wrote:"This particular group of Spartans, Noble Team, went out on the same suicide missions as the other Spartan IIIs, but what made them different was that they kept coming back."
SilvaDalek wrote:In Ghosts Of Onyx all Spartans are accounted for...Alpha Company all dead, only Tom and Lucy alive from Beta Company. Parts of Gamma Company were placed in Slipspace Tubes, killed, and some alive. All Spartan IIs have their names listed, and I don't remember seeing Jorge listed. Maybe we'll hear about the second wave of Spartan IIs or something...I just don't like a totally messed up canon.
This is all very fresh in my head from just reading this. Bungie may have to go into how ONI or some branch of the UNSC stole those Spartans for their own use.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I love how this all matters, considering the enormous ammount of Spartans that there shouldve been before HALO:CE. I'm pretty sure one new character never killed anyone. I'm also sure that Bungie isnt using ghosts of onyx as a rulebook for an enormous and rather famous game franchise.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Grev wrote:I love how this all matters, considering the enormous ammount of Spartans that there shouldve been before HALO:CE. I'm pretty sure one new character never killed anyone. I'm also sure that Bungie isnt using ghosts of onyx as a rulebook for an enormous and rather famous game franchise.
I'm disappointed at Bungie's inability to use the canon set up by the books that are right in front of them. And Spartan IIIs were very young, Carter looks like Forge...
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

SilvaDalek wrote:
Grev wrote:I love how this all matters, considering the enormous ammount of Spartans that there shouldve been before HALO:CE. I'm pretty sure one new character never killed anyone. I'm also sure that Bungie isnt using ghosts of onyx as a rulebook for an enormous and rather famous game franchise.
I'm disappointed at Bungie's inability to use the canon set up by the books that are right in front of them. And Spartan IIIs were very young, Carter looks like Forge...
Well, considering how Bungie made Halo up, they shouldn't be held back by other peoples' canon.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
SilvaDalek wrote:
Well, considering how Bungie made Halo up, they shouldn't be held back by other peoples' canon.
Agreed, Bungie set up the franchise, and shouldn't have limits on their creative freedom due to a few books. And saying that jorge isn't canon is a pretty wild statement, considering that he is now in the biggest form of HALO media, the GAMES.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Well, considering how Bungie made Halo up, they shouldn't be held back by other peoples' canon.
Bungie did begin the Halo series, but it has expanded beyond that. Bungie should follow Halo canon, they can do whatever they want with the series that doesn't interfere with the other parts of the Halo universe. Bungie should have some respect for Ensemble, 343, and Microsoft.
Grev wrote:Agreed, Bungie set up the franchise, and shouldn't have limits on their creative freedom due to a few books. And saying that jorge isn't canon is a pretty wild statement, considering that he is now in the biggest form of HALO media, the GAMES.
I will consider Jorge non-canon until I receive a reasonable explanation about how he is a legitimate Spartan-II.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

SilvaDalek wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Well, considering how Bungie made Halo up, they shouldn't be held back by other peoples' canon.
Bungie did begin the Halo series, but it has expanded beyond that. Bungie should follow Halo canon, they can do whatever they want with the series that doesn't interfere with the other parts of the Halo universe. Bungie should have some respect for Ensemble, 343, and Microsoft.
Grev wrote:Agreed, Bungie set up the franchise, and shouldn't have limits on their creative freedom due to a few books. And saying that jorge isn't canon is a pretty wild statement, considering that he is now in the biggest form of HALO media, the GAMES.
I will consider Jorge non-canon until I receive a reasonable explanation about how he is a legitimate Spartan-II.
As opposed to an illigitimate Spartan? Who would his parents be!?!?

The games ARE the ultimate canon. Other media reference the games, not vice versa.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

SilvaDalek wrote:
What evidence do you have that Jorge isn't? And in reference to some other mentions you've made, who said the Phantom didn't exist pre-Halo 1? Just because you didn't see it in Halo 1 or Halo Wars doesn't mean it wasn't in use.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Teancum wrote:
SilvaDalek wrote:
What evidence do you have that Jorge isn't? And in reference to some other mentions you've made, who said the Phantom didn't exist pre-Halo 1? Just because you didn't see it in Halo 1 or Halo Wars doesn't mean it wasn't in use.
Agreed. And it's kind of weird to say he's not canon, considering he's in the largest form of the HALO franchise.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

To further point out why Jorge could easily be a Spartan II

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program
Mendez trained the Spartans until 2525 when at the age of fourteen, the Spartans would go through the toughest part of their training; the Augmentation Procedures, a process that would kill 30 of the 75 children conscripted, and cripple 12 others who would "wash out" of the SPARTAN-II program, going on to join the Office of Naval Intelligence or otherwise; only 33 survived the procedures to move on.
Thus far only 30 Spartans are known, including Jorge. There's room for him.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Blue Team (books)
1. John
2. Sam
3. Linda
4. Kelly
5. Kurt
6. Fred

Grey Team (Cole Protocol)
7. Adriana
8. Mike
9. Jai

Gamma Team (First Strike)
10. Li
11. Anton
12. Grace

Omega Team (Halo Wars)
13. Jerome
14. Alice
15. Douglas
16-21. 6 Others (Unnamed in Halo Wars)

Delta Team (Fall of Reach)
22. Will
23. Isaac
24. Vinh
25-27. 3 Others (Unnamed in Fall of Reach)

Black Team (Halo Legends)
28-32. 4 Others (Unnamed in Legends)

33. Cal (Halo Legends)
34. Solomon (Halo Legends)
35. Malcolm (First Strike)
36. Keiichi (Halo Wars)
37. Maria (Halo 2, Fall of Reach)
38. Randall (Ghosts of Onyx)
39. James (Fall of Reach)
40. Sheila (Ghosts of Onyx)

Now Jorge...that's a lotta Spartans to be considered 33. He may be one of the unnamed, but I just don't know.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

SilvaDalek wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Blue Team (books)
1. John
2. Sam
3. Linda
4. Kelly
5. Kurt
6. Fred

Grey Team (Cole Protocol)
7. Adriana
8. Mike
9. Jai

Gamma Team (First Strike)
10. Li
11. Anton
12. Grace

Omega Team (Halo Wars)
13. Jerome
14. Alice
15. Douglas
16-21. 6 Others (Unnamed in Halo Wars)

Delta Team (Fall of Reach)
22. Will
23. Isaac
24. Vinh
25-27. 3 Others (Unnamed in Fall of Reach)

Black Team (Halo Legends)
28-32. 4 Others (Unnamed in Legends)

33. Cal (Halo Legends)
34. Solomon (Halo Legends)
35. Malcolm (First Strike)
36. Keiichi (Halo Wars)
37. Maria (Halo 2, Fall of Reach)
38. Randall (Ghosts of Onyx)
39. James (Fall of Reach)
40. Sheila (Ghosts of Onyx)

Now Jorge...that's a lotta Spartans to be considered 33. He may be one of the unnamed, but I just don't know.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Team
Other Spartan Teams may not know about team black, as the members were taken by ONI after faking their deaths via augmentation failure.
Black team can be omitted from that list.

Also I'd go by this list for known Spartan IIs
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Spartan_II

Team Omega was a total of six members, not six plus the three known.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Omega_Team

And that fits us back in the realm of having enough, considering many of those not presently assigned to a team could have been part of one at any given time.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

I accidently copied one of those links in the tab I was using to create my response, so this is the quick one!

@Black Team - Thanks for the correction, I never got to see that Halo: Legends.

@That List - Contains only a list of the Spartans with known names. Out of that list are 29 Spartans that survived augmentations, add that to "the 3 others" from Reach, and Omega Team, then we are back over...

@Omega Team - I said that wrong, Red Team was the total of 9, including Alice, Douglas, and Jerome, while Omega Team was the six. In both cases that pushes us over the limit.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

You're assuming that the unnamed Spartans on [x] or [y] team are entirely new Spartans. Who says they're not ones we already know, but just weren't specified in the games/books? Mention is made of a few Spartans that were on more than one team throughout their career. Irregardless I consider Halo: Reach to be the "George-canon" of Halo, since it's Bungie-made, and since it began long before Halo Waypoint, Halo Legends, etc were out.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Huh. I can't look at the article anymore without logging into the MLG forums, which I don't want to bother signing up for. But I think the article said something about MP character customization that affects more than just appearance... If that happens, I'm going to be so angry. One of the best things about Halo's multiplayer is that one person couldn't have an advantage just by being a higher rank than someone else. Perks are also one of the main reasons I think MW2 only has a mediocre multiplayer. So, if perk-like things happen, well, I'm probably never gonna play the Reach MP.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

My quest to prove Jorge's illegitimacy has lead me to discover his identity.

He could not have been on many of the Spartan teams due to their locations during the battle of Reach. Delta Team and Red Team were present at Reach and are the only squads without all members named (Blue Team was present, but all members accounted for). Jorge would not have been in Delta since they were the wounded Spartans falling back to CASTLE, while Red Team was tasked with the goal of defending the MAC generators (or something along those lines). One part of Red Team was Omega Team, which as I previously noted, had 6 unnamed members, one of which had to have been Jorge. This would explain how he is a legitimate Spartan-II and how he was present on Reach. Seemingly all the Spartan teams were divided up on Reach, and at some point Jorge must have been assigned to Noble Team. Pure reasoning?

Yellow stuff is illegit. I found more Spartans, exactly up to 33. Right now I'm battling on Bungie forums to prove Jorge is indeed illegit.
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Huh. I can't look at the article anymore without logging into the MLG forums, which I don't want to bother signing up for. But I think the article said something about MP character customization that affects more than just appearance... If that happens, I'm going to be so angry. One of the best things about Halo's multiplayer is that one person couldn't have an advantage just by being a higher rank than someone else. Perks are also one of the main reasons I think MW2 only has a mediocre multiplayer. So, if perk-like things happen, well, I'm probably never gonna play the Reach MP.
I vaguely remember this part. I think it was addressing equipment, which was all mixed in with armor perms. I'm getting the magazine from a friend tomorrow, so then I'll now.

BTW, the reason you can't access that article is because it has been deleted. I'm pretty sure it was illegal to have scans up on internet (someone at Bungie mentioned this).
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

SilvaDalek wrote:My quest to prove Jorge's illegitimacy has lead me to discover his identity.

He could not have been on many of the Spartan teams due to their locations during the battle of Reach. Delta Team and Red Team were present at Reach and are the only squads without all members named (Blue Team was present, but all members accounted for). Jorge would not have been in Delta since they were the wounded Spartans falling back to CASTLE, while Red Team was tasked with the goal of defending the MAC generators (or something along those lines). One part of Red Team was Omega Team, which as I previously noted, had 6 unnamed members, one of which had to have been Jorge. This would explain how he is a legitimate Spartan-II and how he was present on Reach. Seemingly all the Spartan teams were divided up on Reach, and at some point Jorge must have been assigned to Noble Team. Pure reasoning?

Yellow stuff is illegit. I found more Spartans, exactly up to 33. Right now I'm battling on Bungie forums to prove Jorge is indeed illegit.
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Huh. I can't look at the article anymore without logging into the MLG forums, which I don't want to bother signing up for. But I think the article said something about MP character customization that affects more than just appearance... If that happens, I'm going to be so angry. One of the best things about Halo's multiplayer is that one person couldn't have an advantage just by being a higher rank than someone else. Perks are also one of the main reasons I think MW2 only has a mediocre multiplayer. So, if perk-like things happen, well, I'm probably never gonna play the Reach MP.
I vaguely remember this part. I think it was addressing equipment, which was all mixed in with armor perms. I'm getting the magazine from a friend tomorrow, so then I'll now.

BTW, the reason you can't access that article is because it has been deleted. I'm pretty sure it was illegal to have scans up on internet (someone at Bungie mentioned this).
Sigh. This is like if someone wrote a book saying all x-wings got destroyed before the battle of yavin so A NEW HOPE isn't legit.

The game is the ultimate canon, therefore he is canon.

EDIT: According to Halopedia, Jorge served with Noble Team and was trained with the rest of the Spartan children.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

I personally think Halo Legends shouldn't be considered canon.

About the armor customization bringing more than appearance changes, it was worded wrong on the MLG forums. Think halo 3 equipment, but instead it is like a skill, like sprinting and cloaking (proved in the article) that can be picked up and activated at the players will, with a short cooldown afterwards.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Grev wrote:EDIT: According to Halopedia, Jorge served with Noble Team and was trained with the rest of the Spartan children.
Halopedia isn't the greatest source for information, and if you read every single Spartan-II's page, they all say the same thing. Someone over there just made an assumption.

And anything 343 Studios and Microsoft make with the Halo title is canon.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

SilvaDalek wrote:
Grev wrote:EDIT: According to Halopedia, Jorge served with Noble Team and was trained with the rest of the Spartan children.
Halopedia isn't the greatest source for information, and if you read every single Spartan-II's page, they all say the same thing. Someone over there just made an assumption.

And anything 343 Studios and Microsoft make with the Halo title is canon.
I definitely agree that you can't trust a Wiki for everything, but how did you gather your info? Surely you aren't digging through every book and game right now.