Halo: Reach General Discussion

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: Halo Reach

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Hay. I hope those map names were mistranslated. Otherwise Bungie stole mah map name. :P
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Wow, those maps look really good! Can't wait to play 'em on Reach. Is there a release date yet?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOh0fM-75Ew Video of the new maps. I seriously doubt this will be here when I wake up tomorrow. If it still is, you're slacking Microsoft. :P
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

:funny2: Nice one fusion :thumbs:
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

That's not me by the way, so don't post anything relating to gametoast there :P
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

The only bad thing on the vid is that the one who made it is a lazy hacker... but the maps are great.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

@Fusion
:funny2: I ment your joke about microsoft :lol:

ontopic:
@Labj
I concur :plokoon:
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

BTW, today´s achievement horse was great, maps are very nice.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Agreed with Labj. A lot better than last week's.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PNWsAnul6U Another video has appeared. Apparently 343 made these maps, not Bungie.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Or so we assume by the guy's YouTube name.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Would have been awesome if some of the concepts made by this guy would have been done for the game: http://www.isaachannaford.com/
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

On the topic of Halo Combat Evolved being remade, while this is a little off-topic from the rest of the discussion as well as only a rumor, apparently Halo 2 is being remastered as well. I hope so, cuz I've honestly only played about 10 minutes of Halo 2's singleplayer and have never even touched the MP.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

The campaign was for Halo 2 was pretty good and I thought the graphics were good for its time but I'm glad to see that its getting remade. That was a fun game.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I'm not so sure about the Halo 2 rumor (yet - but I'm sure at some point they'll work on it). I just hope they're using some sort of Bungie tech for the engine of Halo HD, otherwise it just won't play the same.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

If they ever do remake Halo 2, I hope they look into a lot of the cut content for the game and restore it. Forerunner Tank needs to see the light of day and so does the Flood Juggernaut even though it was only supposed to show up twice in the vehicular Arbiter levels. Heck, maybe even restore the last three levels that got put into Halo 3 and change Halo 3 so there's more time on the Ark (Guardian Forest)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Lol Fusion - you know way too much about Halo :P
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Teancum wrote:Lol Fusion - you know way too much about Halo :P
I was about to say the same thing. lol
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I guess I'm one of the few people who plays Halo for everything, not just Campaign or Matchmaking.

I also happen to love finding beta objects in games so that's why I know about this stuff.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Like in the original script Miranda hated Chief because she felt that he was responsible for the death of her father, and that hatred eventually led to her having a talk with the prophets that resulted in Chief having a nuke welded on his back.
The Mongoose was in Halo 2 and had guns. It was supposed to be used on Burial Mounds but they couldn't balance it with the Warthog and Ghost.
The Covenant Bomb (aka Covenant Space Pickle) was never intended to be in the game, Chief was just supposed to leave the Cairo (similar to Noble 6 falling through space in Reach) and then fall into the Cruiser, which was a level like Truth and Reconciliation, and then eventually blowing up that engine room seen in the final game.
Two cut races, the Drinol and the Stalker, eventually came back in Halo 3 as the Flood Pure Form Tank and Stalker, respectively.
The cut levels at the end of the game were going to be like the beginning of Halo 3, Chief lands on Earth and eventually finds the Ark Portal. That would have been the real cliffhanger ending.
Cut Flood forms include the Flood Juggernaut (only intended to be fought with vehicles, for some reason it ended up in the Gravemind files) and the Shielded Carrier Form (Jackal shield on the front of a Carrier). The way the SCF looks implies that it was just a working idea and was never intended to be used.
The Pulse Beam was supposed to be a usable weapon, but may have been replaced with the Sentinel Major Beam. The Pulse Beam is still used by Enforcers ("Red Needler" rounds) and there is still one Sentinel Minor who actually fires and drops a Covenant Needler in the game.
Due to real world events, some aspects of the Covenant had to be changed. The Arbiter's original name was the Dervish and a scene where brutes were about to execute a marine had to be cut.
Not much is known about the level Forerunner Tank, but Jason Jones has stated that "Awesomeness would ensue," and that the Tank itself would have the same geometry of the Gondola in the Arbiter level and would have featured Gravemind's tentacles rushing around like freight trains in the background.
The Heretic plot was very different through most of the game's development. Originally, it was set on Basis (moon near Alpha Halo) instead of Threshold (Gas Giant near Alpha Halo). The Arbiter level on Delta Halo with the snow/ash borrowed much from this level. Also, at another point, all of the Heretics were Hunters. I really hope they were like the Halo 1 Hunters at that point, or somebody went crazy. :P
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

Some things i have found on Reach...
Hidden/Spoiler:
Reference to George Lucas´s THX on Halo: Reach:

To find it, play Lone Wolf on Easy with all skulls except Iron, and kill more than 20 enemies, and kill an Ultra by any type of close combat.

Reference to Jhon 117 and Independence day on Costa Rica on Reach:

117 & 1821

To get that, play Lone Wolf, on Easy with all skulls except iron, kill more than 50 enemies, kill a general with close combat, and you get 1704, kill more than 100 and kill a general with close combat, and you get 1821, 1821-1704=117

Bungie´s Seven on Ranks:

Currently, i know of three ranks that will award you certain number of credits for the game bonus.

Mythic: 340, 3+4=7
Noble: 374, 3+7+4=14
Eclipse: 412, 4+1+2=7
EDIT: the weekly update today at Bungie wanst something great, just epic pics of elites.