Call of Duty: Black Ops

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post by Nova Hawk »

Here is where you can talk about anything related to Call of Duty: Black Ops. Whether its the new First Strike mappack that recently came out, the campaign, or the multiplayer aspect. Anything that you can think of that will be helpful to players when playing Black Ops goes here.

I guess I'll start it off. What do you guys think of the latest First Strike mappack edition? I haven't gotten it yet cuz I don't have they money right now but from what I hear it sounds pretty good.
sampip
General
General
Projects :: Something big. And exciting.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: masowner66

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post by sampip »

I was a bit dissapointed by the multiplayer maps, Berlin Wall doesn't play well because of the fact there are way to many campers in normal TDM making it pretty slow paced. Kowloon has too many access routes and is very slow paced unless played in ground war or fast pased objective game modes such as headquarters or demolition. Stadium and discovery are pretty good though, they play well in all game modes.

The new zombies map, Ascension, is purely awesome though, there is a ton of stuff to do and it is great fun to play. I'd buy it just for this map, if I could :D

All in all, worth the download price if you play black ops a fair amount but it's not that great, however Ascension is amazing.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

The easter eggs they've put into the multiplayer maps are way too much work for a tiny show. It's like driving cross country for the "world's best firework", coming home, then when you light it there's just a tiny "pop". Sooo disappointing.

I've never been a big fan of CoD multiplayer. If I play real-world style shooters I stick with Battlefield. A big part of the reason is the lower amount of high-pitched tweens talking smack over Live.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

lololololol. i rofled, your making me afraid to post my gamertag on here..hhahah
lower amount of high-pitched tweens talking smack over Live
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

sampip wrote:I was a bit dissapointed by the multiplayer maps, Berlin Wall doesn't play well because of the fact there are way to many campers in normal TDM making it pretty slow paced. Kowloon has too many access routes and is very slow paced unless played in ground war or fast pased objective game modes such as headquarters or demolition. Stadium and discovery are pretty good though, they play well in all game modes.

The new zombies map, Ascension, is purely awesome though, there is a ton of stuff to do and it is great fun to play. I'd buy it just for this map, if I could :D

All in all, worth the download price if you play black ops a fair amount but it's not that great, however Ascension is amazing.
Really? That kinda surprises me. From the trailer they released, they all looked great and I've had some friends who've gotten it said they all enjoyed the mappack.

I really do want to try out Ascension (the name reminds me of one of my favorite maps from the good ol' Halo 2 & 3 days). Sure Bungie put in a remake for it in Reach but its not quite the same as the other two previous versions. Anyway, back on topic. Maybe I'll get the mappack for my birthday. :)
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: NullCommando

Post by NullCommando »

While the Mappack did initially interest me the one thing that is preventing me from downloading the mappack has to be the cost. While I can sort of understand why they would set it at this cost, and don't get me wrong I'm sure the maps are of quite good quality, I find it ridiculous as I can purchase a new Arcade Game with probably double the content offered in this DLC for the same price.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

NullCommando wrote:While the Mappack did initially interest me the one thing that is preventing me from downloading the mappack has to be the cost. While I can sort of understand why they would set it at this cost, and don't get me wrong I'm sure the maps are of quite good quality, I find it ridiculous as I can purchase a new Arcade Game with probably double the content offered in this DLC for the same price.
When compared, prices (of anything) usually don't make sense, although I would be upset by the same thing if I had Black Ops.

Off-topic: Long time no see Null, how's it going?