Shameless promotion -- XBLAFans.com

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Shameless promotion -- XBLAFans.com

Post by Teancum »

I've recently been hired as a writer for XBLAFans, a site that covers news, interviews, features and reviews for Xbox Live Arcade articles. If you're an XBLA nut like I am you should bookmark it. Also we have a weekly segment that runs every Saturday called XBLA's Most Wanted where we take an existing game and discuss why it should be on XBLA. Today's was Star Wars Battlefront Arcade. See it at the link below:

XBLAFans
http://www.xblafans.com

XBLA's Most Wanted: Star Wars Battlefront Arcade
http://www.xblafans.com/xblas-most-want ... -6160.html

We consist of a few paid and some non-paid staff. Please pass the word along to your friends about our site, and bookmark it if you have a 360.

Oh, and occasionally (though rarely) we have contests, so it's good for earning free games on the rare occasions we get promotional codes.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Shameless promotion -- XBLAFans.com

Post by Fusion »

That Battlefront Arcade thing is a great idea, I just know the only way it would happen (the right way) would be if LucasArts hired a Gametoast member. That, unfortunately, will probably never happen.

Also, I don't know the legalities surrounding using fan mods, but I have a feeling someone would lose money from it, and that wouldn't be a good thing.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

My thought - though I didn't post it in my feature - was that whoever took over development for SWBFA would provide continued SWBF2 PC patches (providing fixes and requested features) and support for the mod community. In exchange the community would be able to submit their maps as potential DLC candidates on XBLA and PSN.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Congrats on the position!