E3 2011: Halo

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

E3 2011: Halo

Post by Labj »

Both are official now.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06/e3 ... e3-trailer
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06/e3 ... er-trailer

What do you think of both?

I actually think that master chief looks lame in the Halo CEA trailer, i hope they fix the graphics a bit before the release.

The H4 trailer is... good.... but Cortana looks different. I guess that just like in the Finish the Fight trailer for H3, is not going to happen the same in the game. Still, i cant wait to 2012 for it.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Halo CEA and Halo 4

Post by Nova Hawk »

They both look really good and I agree with you about the Master Chief's look in CEA. I wonder what the campaign will be for Halo 4 cuz the Chief went MIA in the last Halo and we finished off the Covenant/Flood war. So I wonder who we'll be fighting this time.

It also looks like the Chief got an upgrade in Halo 4 cuz he has a jetpack now. I wonder where he got that... Anyway, I'm eager for both.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Nova Hawk wrote:They both look really good and I agree with you about the Master Chief's look in CEA. I wonder what the campaign will be for Halo 4 cuz the Chief went MIA in the last Halo and we finished off the Covenant/Flood war. So I wonder who we'll be fighting this time.

It also looks like the Chief got an upgrade in Halo 4 cuz he has a jetpack now. I wonder where he got that... Anyway, I'm eager for both.
Like a lot of trailers, I feel like the trailer jetpack won't have an impact on gameplay, unless 343 decide's to do some work with the Reach jetpacks.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

These were both prerelease trailers. Especially with H4, chances are a lot will look almost completely different. Besides, the CEA chief isn't done.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

I had my hopes it wasnt finished yet, good to hear that from someone else.

BTW, as i said at B.net about H4: if the flood are back.... i will kick the disk
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Labj wrote:I had my hopes it wasnt finished yet, good to hear that from someone else.

BTW, as i said at B.net about H4: if the flood are back.... i will kick the disk
Why? I mean, I'm tired of the flood too, but if they aren't the main enemy, they're fine.
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

cant wait for both :D
i wonder what the flood will look like updated in CEA
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

I played the original CE before....didn't like it all that much. I'd be willing to play this version if they changed a thing or two, though; never liked the fact that you pretty much had to go back through the same levels you already played in the first half of the game.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

My problem with it is you have to go back and play through levels you already have after you do The Library. It causes me to never finish the game after 343 Guilty Spark. :P
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

What i want for H4:

Conquest mode (like in BF)
Firefight against classic covenant (as many variants as possible)
Firefight against flood (i would just like the flood to be in firefight)
Juggernaut flood
Spartan Armor customization (the helmets in Reach and more)
Elite armor customization (Reach armors are lame, and h3 has too few)
Playing as the Arbiter while the Elite-Brute war is (possibly) happening
Playing as the Arbiter and go to find Jhon, or be Jhon for the whole game and leave Thel as an NPC.

I have no idea of what is going to happen in campaing, i hope is something related to old comics, for example Onyx.
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

Labj wrote:What i want for H4:
Spartan Armor customization (the helmets in Reach and more)
Elite armor customization (Reach armors are lame, and h3 has too few)
yeah i hope they bring back all the helmets/armor from halo3 and reach so we can have all of them :D
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'd actually like to see a little less customization than Reach has. I really don't see a need for more than ten helmets, because in the end you're really only going to use one.

Armor pieces I hope never come back:
Hayabusa (It won't. It was only used to promote Ninja Gaiden.)
Security Shoulders (You don't look good with them, people. You just look like a big target.)
Inclement Weather (So tired of shooting a thunderstorm that has an ego problem.)
Assault Harness (Why would anyone think this looks good when you also have Flight?)
General (Bungie decided in the end an Elite with a silly hat as a prophet was a bad idea. Oh wait.)

Armor pieces I feel are wasting space:
Air Assault
CQC
Rogue
EVA [C] (just merge the two, we don't need the 80's work-out video headband on it for third tier)
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Fusion wrote:My problem with it is you have to go back and play through levels you already have after you do The Library. It causes me to never finish the game after 343 Guilty Spark. :P
Exactly! That's one of the reasons why I wasn't impressed, I suppose. I mean, I really wanted to like the game, but it felt overhyped after playing through it once. I don't think it's bad, but it could have been better.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Halo CEA price confirmed at 34.99 (UK) and 39.99 (US). Meh, I think I'll cancel my preorder now. I was thinking 20-25. For 40 USD I'll wait three months until it's on sale used at a non-Gamestop store and pick it up for 15.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/microsof ... price.html
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/ ... sary/91401
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

All I can think is
Hidden/Spoiler:
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

The box cover so far:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I think it looks pretty cool, but it needs some more characters on it.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

$40 isn't a bad deal.

It has a campaign that's been remastered to look new, a multiplayer that can stand on its own or work with another game, and campaign co-op. They easily could have made it $60 with that kind of reasoning. Definitely not just an XBLA title.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Labj wrote:The box cover so far:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I think it looks pretty cool, but it needs some more characters on it.
Dat pistol.....

yeeessssssssss
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Fusion wrote:$40 isn't a bad deal.

It has a campaign that's been remastered to look new, a multiplayer that can stand on its own or work with another game, and campaign co-op. They easily could have made it $60 with that kind of reasoning. Definitely not just an XBLA title.
I still think it's too expensive. I might have been up for 30 at most, but it's not like it was rebuilt from the ground up. It's a new graphics layer over the original game and seven multiplayer levels remade using the Reach engine. That's it. No option for enhancements common in later games like dual wielding (would've been cool), customizable single-player Chief (say, after you beat the game), no I Would Have been Your Daddy skull (that we know of). Yes, it has terminals (wooohooo) and Xbox Live (it's practically a plugin for engines now). There's nothing that when I look at it says "I need to buy this for 40 dollars even though my original Xbox still runs my old copy fine." I mean you don't even get all the original multiplayer levels. You only get six and a new Firefight map. They'll probably offer the other seven as DLC later on which'll be another 10-20 dollars depending on how many packs they split it into. So in the end it's full retail price anyway.

I guess you also get the massively disproportionate helmet for Master Chief. That must be where the extra 10 dollars went.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Teancum wrote:There's nothing that when I look at it says "I need to buy this for 40 dollars even though my original Xbox still runs my old copy fine."
Let's not forget you can get the original Halo CE on the 360 from XBLA for 1200 MSP. The only thing missing is LIVE and Firefight, you can still do co-op campaign and local multiplayer matches.