E3 2011: Halo

Want to share hints on the best games you've downloaded? New demo we all need to see? Find other xbox players here, share ideas on everything Xbox live related!

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Halo CEA and Halo 4

Post by Fusion »

As for the Terminals...
Hidden/Spoiler:
- Looks like we'll be fighting Didact/Bornstellar and the remaining Prometheans in the Reclaimer Trilogy. That Didact symbol be burnin'.
- Most likely we'll either be on or visiting Installation 03, as they have clearly hired a voice actor for and named Monitor 049. Infinity is also confirmed to be docked there in Glasslands, and the Infinity also showed up in the concept art board at HaloFest.
-The Flood could possibly return and there may be another enemy from the unknown ship that crashed at Installation 04.
-The Forerunners killed Cthulu.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Also i am pretty sure i heard something about "original 12 rings" on one of the terminals, but i wont spoil the rest.

Also i dont have the game yet to know that.

And it looks that my xbox got fried... That is something i cannot believe, I havent been able to play anything, not even MW3... And now i am going to miss the game on the first day of release...
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

I'm getting my copy on Tuesday, the day it comes out.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Labj wrote:Also i am pretty sure i heard something about "original 12 rings" on one of the terminals, but i wont spoil the rest.
The original 12 were already talked about in Cryptum. Five got destroyed when Mendicant Bias attacked the Forerunners.
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

I see.... And really, the information at Halopedian just confuses me more, i guess i would have to get the novel, but i dont know how to get it here. Its likely that nobody sells sci-fi novels here...
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Here are flythroughs and Forge vids for five of the seven maps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jh_LWBb ... C2B569DFDC
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

The cavemen that sell games here wont have CEA until thrusday... And anyways my Xbox surrendered after it´s 5th RRoD... I need a new one.
Darth-Erik
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: Halo
xbox live or psn: Thr33E3

Post by Darth-Erik »

I got my CEA on the 14th november :D
So, guys what do you think about the game so far?
In my opinion, this is the best Halo game! 343 did a great job :thumbs:
and by the way, did you guys know after Pandemic Studios was closed down, many of the people from Pandemic went over to 343 and started working on Halo, cool isn't it?
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

I'm getting mine later today. So excited!!
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

You know those symbols at the end of the terminals? They do something really cool.

1. Go to the latest version of Waypoint.
2. Once you have gotten to the page where everything is displayed, press X.
3. On the new screen, press the buttons that correspond with the 6 colors shown from left to right. (Green= A, Red= B, Y= Yellow, Blue= X)
4. You will be brought to a Forerunner password screen.
5. If you have found the terminal in campaign, use the 5 symbol code at the end of the terminal (use Youtube and pause). If you haven't found it yet, it will go tell you to find it, so no freeloading.
6. The screen will flash green, and you will be brought to the screen where it shows what you have unlocked.
7. Once you have finished imputing the codes, press start to return to Waypoint.

Each Terminal unlocks one related background for your Waypoint Service Record and gives you 7000 cR for Reach. Imputing all ten terminal codes will net you another 30,000 cR (for a total of 100,000 cR combined) and will unlock the secret 11th Terminal on Waypoint. These credits do count toward the daily credit limit, so don't plan on playing too much because you'll only have room for 20,000 before they don't count.

Have fun.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Found the GRD dolls yet in the MP maps? People are speculating that it'll somehow unlock the GRD helmet. I'm not sure what I think yet. There's the old "DLC armor is hard" thing, but that was with Halo 3.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

If it was actually in the game, modders will have found it by next week. If they don't, I think the GRD dolls are just an in-joke at the fact that they couldn't reasonably add in new armor.

We'll definitely be seeing that helmet in Halo 4 though. :P
Labj
Sith
Sith

Post by Labj »

My Reclaimer Trilogy theories are these:

1. Line instalation:
- The planet that the remains of Forward Unto Dawn are heading to is a line instalation, it shot the Dawn (this would explain why it was on fire again on the trailer)
- Since is a Flood research facility, there must be flood, and there has to be something to test the Flood with (any species that can be infected).
- Humans, or Covenat species may be stuck in the planet because they were shot down, and the forerunner constructs are testing the Flood on them.
- If there are Humans or other species on the planet, they may have weapons and vehicles on the crashed ships.
- John, along with the other Humans and any other "smart enough" Covenant soldiers try to escape.
- On the surface they find new creatures that the constructs have not been able to deal with, causing a fight and many casualties in a 3 way battle.

2. Flood dust:
- The first time that living creatures made contact with the Flood, was on a vast planet, and the Flood was... Powder.
- The ship that crashed on Instalation 04 can be one of those vessels that contain this Flood powder.

3. Instalation 00:
- The Ark could be repaired by Constructors, they still had a giant moon for resources.
- Instalation 04C is built. This instalation has no Flood lifeform.
- Instalation 05 was also sterilized by the Elites, this means there are no flood here.
- The other instalations still contain flood. This could indicate John will probably visit other rings.

4. Precursor:
- According to the books, there is a Precursor on the galaxy, if it survived the Halo firing, it may be hidden.
- Medicant Bias said he had a new master. Could be talking about this Precursor, or the Gravemind.
- The Precursors were Tier 0, if The Timeless One knew about the technology he had at hand, it could do anything.

5. Forerunners:
- If the Forerunners were able to keep the species alive by storing their DNA and building the creatures again, they were able to do the same with their own species.
- The had Shield Worlds, these were away from the Halo range.

6. Shield World:
- The planet could be a shield world. I don´t think it´s Onyx because it exploded.

7. Beacon:
- Humanity gets the beacon that Cortana was sending, and go to search John.
- Or Elites get the beacon instead, and for honor and knowing they were allied with the Humans once, Thel orders to go to search John.

8. Angry Brutes:
- The Brutes attack Sanghelios.

9. Mutation:
- Someone discovers the Forerunner technology to mutate almost instantly, and uses this technology to mutate any creature for specific tasks.

I can´t think about anything else...

BTW, according to the word "Haven" written at the end of one of the termianls in Forerunner text indicates that it may be a Shield World.