Latest Release - Version 7

For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

Recruit Womprat Killer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Star wars battlefron
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby Techmaster455 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Anthony I'm trying to play the modded version of Star wars battlefront 2 online using the ppsspp emulator on a phone and tablet and they are both connected to the same wifi but it won't show up any games. Pls help

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Techmaster455 wrote:Anthony I'm trying to play the modded version of Star wars battlefront 2 online using the ppsspp emulator on a phone and tablet and they are both connected to the same wifi but it won't show up any games. Pls help


Make sure that LAN is enabled in the PPSSPP settings on both devices. On one device, the player should create a session (pick maps, settings, launch, etc) then the other player should search for the session, once one player connects the session can actually go in game.

Recruit Womprat Killer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Star wars battlefron
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby Techmaster455 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:44 pm

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
Techmaster455 wrote:Anthony I'm trying to play the modded version of Star wars battlefront 2 online using the ppsspp emulator on a phone and tablet and they are both connected to the same wifi but it won't show up any games. Pls help

Thx it worked and I have one question what maps have the heros you modded in example: ig 88

Recruit Womprat Killer
User avatar
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:22 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby jomhar97 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Is it possible to add new eras like BF1 or something like that?
Last edited by jomhar97 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Resistance Leader
User avatar
Posts: 5080
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Projects :: EVERYWHERE + Zero Munge + TCW
Games I'm Playing :: Civ3 + DEHR
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby Marth8880 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:04 pm

jomhar97 wrote:After I install your mod the control settings show up as "null," and during games I can't select the controls option. Also, when I zoom in with the sniper rifle there is no crosshair. I've tried reinstalling your mod to no avail.

viewtopic.php?p=532319#p532319

Recruit Womprat Killer
User avatar
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:22 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby jomhar97 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 am

Marth8880 wrote:
jomhar97 wrote:After I install your mod the control settings show up as "null," and during games I can't select the controls option. Also, when I zoom in with the sniper rifle there is no crosshair. I've tried reinstalling your mod to no avail.

http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=532319#p532319


Thanks, I didn't notice that while scrolling through the forums.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:51 pm

jomhar97 wrote:Is it possible to add new eras like BF1 or something like that?


I can make any era I want but the thing that makes an era unique is custom characters which may never be possible.

Recruit Womprat Killer
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:57 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby josegamer99 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:03 am

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
jomhar97 wrote:Is it possible to add new eras like BF1 or something like that?


I can make any era I want but the thing that makes an era unique is custom characters which may never be possible.



How Poetic

Recruit Womprat Killer
User avatar
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:22 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby jomhar97 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:52 pm

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
jomhar97 wrote:Is it possible to add new eras like BF1 or something like that?


I can make any era I want but the thing that makes an era unique is custom characters which may never be possible.


As a suggestion:

Battlefront extreme for balanced and varied sides or dark times also for balanced sides and unique heroes. Consider throwing in some mappacks like Sol, dark space, or even ground to space alongside or standalone. Speaking of ground to space or atmospheric battles, Coruscant: modern warfare and tatooine at war would be great additions.

Of course this assumes that space isn't an issue...

Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWbattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby commanderFOX66 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:33 pm

is there a way where i can increase the spawn rate to 32? I think my phone can handle it :funny2:

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 pm

commanderFOX66 wrote:is there a way where i can increase the spawn rate to 32? I think my phone can handle it :funny2:


When v8 happens (in whatever year) there will be a customization option that will let the player determine amount of AI across the game. I am thinking that the options will be 10, 16, 32, and maybe 64. The real PSP will be lagging bad after 16 but emulators and high end phones should run 32 and 64 well.

Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWbattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby commanderFOX66 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:05 am

Ahh yes.. geonosis 32 vs 32 or 64. Just like the simulation! I'm looking forward for that mode May the force be with you sire.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:04 am

commanderFOX66 wrote:Ahh yes.. geonosis 32 vs 32 or 64. Just like the simulation! I'm looking forward for that mode May the force be with you sire.


v7 should already have an XL game mode on 2 or 3 maps. Look for it, it's the same as conquest but with lots of AI.

Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 am
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWbattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby commanderFOX66 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 am

Anthony sorry for a noob question but is it possible if can make the storm troopers skin compatible to the clones? Or can i switch it? Been trying some skins that are for pc they are visible but will crash tried changing the user script to 11 but the modes wont run .which is why maybe i could switch the storm troopers skin?

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm
Projects :: SWBF2 XBOX Mod Environment
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby cbadal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:26 pm

AnthonyBF2 wrote:So it is here now, v7 of the PSP mods. From v6, you're getting 5-6 new custom maps but for now they'll only have conquest. Lots of graphical aspects have been updated in Bespin maps, Yavin Arena, SWBF1 Kamino, SWBF2 Kashyyyk, Polis Massa, Tantive, SWBF2 Mos Eisley, and SWBF2 Endor. Most maps with vehicles will feature higher detailed textures at 256x256 from 128x128. All hunt modes will feature higher definition character skins at 256x256 from 128x128.

For the more detailed textures, what did you do to accomplish this?
Different parameters to TextureMunge?
Increase memory pool sizes?

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 10999
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby Teancum » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:44 pm

One thing he did was get rid of first-person view, which frees up both model and texture memory.

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm
Projects :: SWBF2 XBOX Mod Environment
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby cbadal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:41 pm

But also had to include the bigger textures too.
When 'TextureMunge' is called, it can take some options that affect the size/quality of the resulting textures.
Wondering if he used any special settings/options for Texturemunge (and if so, what were they).

Specifically looking at running SWBF2 on the XBOX 360 (which my TV says is rendered at 1080p), hoping that the Xbox emulator running on it is coded in such a way that we could use more memory and more detailed textures to achieve something visually closer to the PC version (since the Xbox 360 has 8X the memory of the original Xbox).

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 10999
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby Teancum » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 pm

cbadal wrote:But also had to include the bigger textures too.
When 'TextureMunge' is called, it can take some options that affect the size/quality of the resulting textures.
Wondering if he used any special settings/options for Texturemunge (and if so, what were they).

Specifically looking at running SWBF2 on the XBOX 360 (which my TV says is rendered at 1080p), hoping that the Xbox emulator running on it is coded in such a way that we could use more memory and more detailed textures to achieve something visually closer to the PC version (since the Xbox 360 has 8X the memory of the original Xbox).

I've tried running higher resolution textures on my 360 with the Xbox mod with very little success. The problem is that the game itself sets hard-coded limitations -- memory pools (many games do) -- that you can't bypass. Theoretically we could do the same as AnthonyBF2 and take away things like first-person view to free up memory, but in the end there's a ceiling that, once hit, has us stuck.

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm
Projects :: SWBF2 XBOX Mod Environment
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby cbadal » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Teancum wrote:I've tried running higher resolution textures on my 360 with the Xbox mod with very little success. The problem is that the game itself sets hard-coded limitations -- memory pools (many games do) -- that you can't bypass. Theoretically we could do the same as AnthonyBF2 and take away things like first-person view to free up memory, but in the end there's a ceiling that, once hit, has us stuck.

Interesting. OK, thanks for the info.

Jedi
User avatar
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Location: San Diego
Projects :: SWBF2 PSP+PS2 Conversion

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Postby AnthonyBF2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 am

cbadal wrote:But also had to include the bigger textures too.
When 'TextureMunge' is called, it can take some options that affect the size/quality of the resulting textures.
Wondering if he used any special settings/options for Texturemunge (and if so, what were they).

Specifically looking at running SWBF2 on the XBOX 360 (which my TV says is rendered at 1080p), hoping that the Xbox emulator running on it is coded in such a way that we could use more memory and more detailed textures to achieve something visually closer to the PC version (since the Xbox 360 has 8X the memory of the original Xbox).


In the PSP and future PS2 mod, I removed things that cleared up video memory + scaled up the existing texture files. I am using the source files that come with the PC version, and in the PC source, most textures are 512x512. In the future v8 PSP mod, all character textures will be 128 instead of their default 64. In game modes that only use a few characters, I scale the textures to 256.

PreviousNext

Return to SWBF2 PSP Mod

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest