Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

Lordawesome23
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 6th Release

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Good luck, I can wait for the next additions.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Current/Recent stuff:

- Galactic Conquest has been fixed, but will be the same as it was by default (PSP galactic conquest, not PS2/PC/Xbox version as planned)
- Another custom map; Ilum: Crystal Valley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVgX-HdMvZQ
- More skins for CIS - it's just changing the color stripes, all red droids, all blue droids, etc
- Upgrading weapons (screenshots below...)
- Unlimited user script support for those who know what to do with it

About new weapons; Originally I had planned to have a fake console function that would switch the weapon loadouts, this didn't work well because the weak PSP engine doesn't like loading things mid-game. - (This idea is even unstable on PC platform from my experience) - So I decided to replace default weapons completely and have them loaded automatically each match. Most new weapons will perform pretty much the same as default weapons, I'm just upgrading cosmetics such as models, textures, and laser effects. Award weapons will continue to use default weapon models. Not all levels will feature the upgraded weapons, this is because in some maps, the graphics memory is already reaching the limit of 2MB. Loading the new weapons tips it over the edge cause the game to crash. So far we've got the underhand chaingun for the clone commander, DC pistols for clone soldier/sniper/vanguard/commander. We have DC blast cannon for the engineer and the DC-15A rifle for the soldier class. All primary factions such as rebels, empire, and cis will be getting new weapons as well, I just did clones first because clones are pretty much the only thing people care about in SWBF2. Most new weapon assets are coming from the BFX 2.2 mod from the PC platform.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Looking good! :thumbs:
AirRaid101
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 PSP_PC

Post by AirRaid101 »

So after playing version 6 for a while, (which I really love by the way :lol: ) I recorded the campaign maps that do work and the ones that don't work.

PSP Model: 3004
CFW: 6.61 PRO-C

Coruscant: Jedi Temple- It crashes when you get to the objective to "kill 3 Jedi Masters". Specifically, when you actually start to attack them, it crashes.

Death Star: Interior- Works Perfectly! Even has a "Victory" screen when you complete the campaign mission.

Felucia: Marshland- The majority of the campaign works just fine. When you get to the last objective, which is to "Destroy the CIS Defense Turrets at the Fungal Tree", it automatically/immediately goes to the "Victory" screen.

Geonosis: Freight Dock- Does not work. Doesn't have any objectives.

Hoth: Echo Base- After you capture the Echo Base hanger, the game will freeze. You can still hear game music after it freezes though.

Kamino: Cloning Facility- Most of the campaign works. When you get to the last objective, which is to destroy 2 Gunships, even after you destroy both of them, it doesn't say that you completed the objective.

Kashyyyk: Beachhead- Campaign works perfectly, but doesn't have a "Victory" screen when the campaign is finished.

Mustafar: Refinery- Campaign works just fine, but no "Victory" screen.

Mygeeto: War-Torn City- The game crashes while loading.

Naboo: Theed- The game crashes while loading.

Polis Massa: Asteroid Base- Campaign works just fine. No "Victory" screen.

Space Coruscant- Crashes while loading.

Space Kashyyyk- Campaign works. No "Victory" screen.

Space Mustafar- Crashes while loading.

Space Yavin- Campaign works. No "Victory" screen.

Tantive IV: Interior- When you get to the last objective, which is to capture Princess Leia, she doesn't spawn anywhere on the map, thus not being ale to complete the mission.

Utapau: Sinkhole- Campaign works. No "Victory" screen.

Yavin 4: Temple- Campaign works. No "Victory" screen.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Thanks, that saves me the play time. There is no campaign for the freight dock map, you probably meant the regular Geonosis map.

Mygeeto - I know what causes the crash, I fixed it but the level still crashes randomly during gameplay on my end.
Felucia - No idea why it skips the last objective, which I did know about already.
Hoth - I have a general idea on why it freezes but plays sounds.
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

AirRaid101 wrote:Tantive IV: Interior- When you get to the last objective, which is to capture Princess Leia, she doesn't spawn anywhere on the map, thus not being ale to complete the mission.
This is even a problem on the PC version, though I have no idea how it can be fixed.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

the leia not spawning bug is due to the 1.3 patch ive uninstalled the patch on the pc and played the campaign map and it works fine but with the 1.3 patch leia doesn't spawn but i believe there is a option in fake console to spawn leia? im not to sure
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:the leia not spawning bug is due to the 1.3 patch ive uninstalled the patch on the pc and played the campaign map and it works fine but with the 1.3 patch leia doesn't spawn but i believe there is a option in fake console to spawn leia? im not to sure
I'm just going to add Leia as a regular class for rebels on Tantive campaign. That way she'll be on the level at all times.

EDIT: The version six of the PSP mods currently available already has unlimited user script support, I just forgot to speak about it previously.
For those who don't know what this is - it's a function that allows people to inject their own code into the game by adding a small file that the game scans every match. Obviously this is a thing for people who already understand SWBF2 mod tools and Lua so don't get all excited about it if you're just the average player.

I've made a user script file that automatically turns off the glowing award effects on your body. Just put the file user_script_11.lvl from the download inside the game folder _lvl_psp. Remove the file to turn turn award effects back on.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bh6ri ... killer.zip

I may create a few more user scripts for other things later on.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Thank God the award thing get annoying after a while
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I have been brain storming and I think I can fix fake console while playing the campaign. At the time, fake console does not work in campaign levels because the campaigns already load a ton of code and the fake console has it's own huge amount of code. What I am thinking is, I can break off a huge chunk of the fake console and build it into a user script file. This way I can keep fake console small and functional (important things only) and the players can choose when they want to extend the full menu by adding in the user script file. The per-map commands and the skin changer commands would certainly be extended to an external file. I am still thinking which fake console menu items are most important to have without adding the external file.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Anthony, I just have to say I admire your dedication. I know firsthand that modding anywhere but PC can be much tougher, and you've really pushed the PSP beyond its limits.

Kudos.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Teancum wrote:Anthony, I just have to say I admire your dedication. I know firsthand that modding anywhere but PC can be much tougher, and you've really pushed the PSP beyond its limits.

Kudos.
Thanks, that means a lot. I still have tons of stuff planned, new ideas just keep coming. I could have been done by now.

Another idea I've been thinking about for a few days...
Earlier in this thread I mentioned how I tweaked the probability of each droppable item when a character dies. There is 7 items total and I gave each one a 0.14% drop chance, leaving a 0.2% chance a dead body drops nothing. I am thinking I can create custom power up items that look like weapons, and tagging that powerup would instantly change the character's primary weapon to whatever weapon represented by the powerup. The actual power up wouldn't give the player any abilities like health or ammo, it'd just be an item that looks like the gun you'd get for picking it up. I'd use this to fill in the 0.2% left over drop rate that isn't used, so dropping a gun would be rarer, making it more cool.

EDIT: I am pulling SWBF1 Mos Eisley, mainly because it's the same as the SWBF2 map, with only the terrain changed. I am also pulling Naboo Outpost map, it keeps breaking and I don't know why and I do not want to keep fixing it.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

on kashyyyk clone wars the sky has glitched textures also ive done some comparing the Clones speeder on the PSP has Really low health commpared to the PC and PS2
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:on kashyyyk clone wars the sky has glitched textures also ive done some comparing the Clones speeder on the PSP has Really low health commpared to the PC and PS2
Which Kashyyyk? If you're referring to the stock SWBF2 PSP version, I know and I'll fix that later.
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Anthony, are you still planning to do the Vita version?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:Anthony, are you still planning to do the Vita version?
Depends on when someone with a Vita is ready to do testing.
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Alright, when I get mine, I'll be sure to test it for you.
By the way, with your PSP did you ever play WipEout Pulse? Did you see the light blooms? Could the PSP Zero Engine handle light blooms?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:Alright, when I get mine, I'll be sure to test it for you.
By the way, with your PSP did you ever play WipEout Pulse? Did you see the light blooms? Could the PSP Zero Engine handle light blooms?
No, I don't play many games on the PSP. Just the two famous GTA games and SWBF2. And I really don't know what a light bloom is or care to to learn. The PSP version of SWBF2 isn't supposed to be pretty, that's why I am trying to cram as much content as possible to make the replay value increase.

Edit: Today I found a person who will sell me the Darth Vader PSP model with a crap load of accessories. 8) :P
-Well I got the Darth Vader PSP but it's packed with dirt and the UMD isn't working well. Not sure if I will keep it.

Edit 2: I am pulling Bespin Canyons because I just can't improve performance to a playable state.

Edit 3: Current campaign states after more adjustments and testing: (Using PSP 2001)
Coruscant - fully functional
Death Star - fully functional
Felucia - remains the same wich is functional but skips the last objective
Geonosis - remains the same, which is fully functional - objectives just take a few moments to begin
Hoth - still freezes after capturing the hangar
Kamino - fully functional
Kashyyyk - fully functional
Mustafar - fully functional
Mygeeto - fully functional
Naboo - crashes on load
Polis Massa - crashes on load
Space Coruscant - fully functional but textures are not fully prepared
Space Kashyyyk - crashes on load
Space Mustafar - fully functional but textures are not prepared at all
Space Yavin - crashes on load
Tantive - still can't get Leia... :cpu:
Utapau - fully functional
Yavin - fully functional

Edit 4: I tried to get the campaign menus in the single player menu, it did not work. Save and load functions didn't work properly. So the only option that we'll ever have is doing campaigns one at a time from the instant action menu.

Edit 5: I got the "campaign list" to show up in the galactic conquest menu.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

i was playing split-screen campaign on the PS2 and in the Hoth Hanger theirs a Cut seen could that be why its crashing? on the PSP
also well i was playing split-screen i could notice a Frame rate drop any idea why that happens it doesn't do that on 4player split screen for Xbox original (friend has it)
its something to do with the 2 screens

also its amazing of how much you did with the PSP version your doing Good
Thehullbattlefront
Games I'm Playing :: star wars bf

Post by Thehullbattlefront »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:Edit 3: Current campaign states after more adjustments and testing: (Using PSP 2001)
Coruscant - fully functional
Death Star - fully functional
Felucia - remains the same wich is functional but skips the last objective
Geonosis - remains the same, which is fully functional - objectives just take a few moments to begin
Hoth - still freezes after capturing the hangar
Kamino - fully functional
Kashyyyk - fully functional
Mustafar - fully functional
Mygeeto - fully functional
Naboo - crashes on load
Polis Massa - crashes on load
Space Coruscant - fully functional but textures are not fully prepared
Space Kashyyyk - crashes on load
Space Mustafar - fully functional but textures are not prepared at all
Space Yavin - crashes on load
Tantive - still can't get Leia... :cpu:
Utapau - fully functional
Yavin - fully functional

Edit 4: I tried to get the campaign menus in the single player menu, it did not work. Save and load functions didn't work properly. So the only option that we'll ever have is doing campaigns one at a time from the instant action menu.

Edit 5: I got the "campaign list" to show up in the galactic conquest menu.
Well maybe i can give you an advice for felucia skipped objective, according to my experience hacking this game, the objective skipped because there is nothing to do with the objective just like the felucia, it says that we need to destroy the turret or whatever in fungai tree, it maybe cause there is no turret in fungai tree, maybe the only way to fix it is add a turret on fungai tree