Archived Discussion + PSP Mod History

For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 5th Release

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

good to hear and about the Emperor voice i was playing Star Wars Battlefront 1 for good memories
and i was doing empire campaign and the Emperor said Lord Vader ordered a issue to wipe out all tusken raider and rebel soldiers (in first mission)

any idea on how the Battlefront 1 Voices got to the PSP mod? i was thinking when you beat a mission in star wars battlefront 1 you unlock the mission select in Instant Action so i was thinking you might of also took the campaign files mixed with the conquest
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:good to hear and about the Emperor voice i was playing Star Wars Battlefront 1 for good memories
and i was doing empire campaign and the Emperor said Lord Vader ordered a issue to wipe out all tusken raider and rebel soldiers (in first mission)

any idea on how the Battlefront 1 Voices got to the PSP mod? i was thinking when you beat a mission in star wars battlefront 1 you unlock the mission select in Instant Action so i was thinking you might of also took the campaign files mixed with the conquest
Lots of sounds from SWBF1 are imporated but unused in SWBF2 files. The PSP game just likes to trigger that one message randomly.
Lordawesome23
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Lordawesome23 »

So are you trying to port the whole campaign to the PSP?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:So are you trying to port the whole campaign to the PSP?
Nah, I thought that I would just do one level to get players' hopes up. :roll:
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

So i guess only mygetto
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

/sarcasm
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

AnthonyBF2 wrote:/sarcasm
yeah thats what i thought LOL :funny2:
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

But in all seriousness, Thank you. The PS2 days can be relived in a Jawa sized package thanks to you. In all seriousness, thank you and I wish you luck. Prepare for more questions!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:But in all seriousness, Thank you. The PS2 days can be relived in a Jawa sized package thanks to you. In all seriousness, thank you and I wish you luck. Prepare for more questions!
Nah, how about the next moderator to see this locks it? It's a bit of a distraction. Won't be unlocked again until I have another heap of progress to announce.

EDITS:

Recent changes that will be in the next version:

- Hero Assault for all default SWBF2 maps except Jabba's Palace - I just can't make it work
- Hunt for Felucia, CIS rocket troops vs Acklay
- Fixed era C for ctf and conquest on Crash Site map
- Fixed all black texture spots in various maps
- Added Easy Awards game mode to Death Star, SWBF1 Kamino and SWBF1 Geonosis
- SWBF2 Geonosis finally prepared
- Era G conquest added for SWBF2 Geonosis, only vehicle is AT-AT
- Music restored across the entire game, but sacrifices command post voices and hero talking
- Hero Assault for Warehouse map
- XL mode for SWBF2 Mos Eisley, era G
- Fixed tutorial screens, these may or may not be replaced with something better
- Over half of the Rise of the Empire levels prepared
- New force powers have been built but have not been officially assigned to any characters
- More custom maps - Bespin: Canyons, Tatooine: Tusken Camp, Geonosis: Freight Dock
- Added space maps but only the ones with a campaign
- Polis Massa windows have been power washed

I may prepare a version six in the next few days. Stay Tuned.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

I may prepare a version six in the next few days. Stay Tuned.
Awesome dude :thumbs:
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

its good to hear a excellent progress report
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Hey Anthony -- for space maps I put together something I called TDF (Team Dogfight) that was nothing more than the Team Deathmatch gametype used in space maps. Whether on foot or in a ship, kills counted. It was easy to do, and doesn't require the interior portions of the ships aside from the hangars, so maps like Space Mustafar worked great. Just a thought if you're wanting to add more to space.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Teancum wrote:Hey Anthony -- for space maps I put together something I called TDF (Team Dogfight) that was nothing more than the Team Deathmatch gametype used in space maps. Whether on foot or in a ship, kills counted. It was easy to do, and doesn't require the interior portions of the ships aside from the hangars, so maps like Space Mustafar worked great. Just a thought if you're wanting to add more to space.
Is each map Lua file separate or do they use that _cmn junk? This is one of my biggest issues right now. The _cmn crap seems to be the host for a space map's assault and ctf layer, which is where SetPSPModelMemory seems to go, but one value for SetPSPModelMemory doesn't fit both ctf and assault.

Edit: I see what you mean now, I could probably rig it up myself. It's a good idea and I wouldn't have thought of it.

Edit 2: I just set up a dogfight mode. Works well. So far I've only done it for space Yavin.

Edit 3: Since TDF was so easy to setup I believe I could go ahead and remake assault and 1flag Luas from scratch, slightly tweaking the world files to match. That sounds simple but I am sure it'll fail somehow, ... plus I still don't like working with the space content so it may be a while before all 9 levels are completely restored with all of their modes.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

wait a second are you saying the PSP is missing 9 maps

and what is the latest working campaign mission?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:wait a second are you saying the PSP is missing 9 maps

SWBF2 has 9 space maps by default and what I was saying is that it may be a while before all of them are ready. About campaign maps - over half of them are ready but I started doing them randomly. Not sure which ones are still broken.

Edit: Just got done putting my 1001 model back together. The memory card would not click and kept launching out when I let go of it.... had to take apart the entire console just to reach the memory card housing, removed the spring so it no longer fights back. Now I can just drop the memory card in and it lays there, but hey at least it works. What a stressful three hours. :runaway:
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Did anyone else submit screenshots?

I guess not
Last edited by Lordawesome23 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
RogueAssassin2488 wrote:wait a second are you saying the PSP is missing 9 maps

SWBF2 has 9 space maps by default and what I was saying is that it may be a while before all of them are ready. About campaign maps - over half of them are ready but I started doing them randomly. Not sure which ones are still broken.

Edit: Just got done putting my 1001 model back together. The memory card would not click and kept launching out when I let go of it.... had to take apart the entire console just to reach the memory card housing, removed the spring so it no longer fights back. Now I can just drop the memory card in and it lays there, but hey at least it works. What a stressful three hours. :runaway:
I had a lot of dust so i took the entire thing apart also took hours its a pain
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

I have a PSP 2000, I used to have two, but I lost the one with the good battery. My current PSP 2000 has had it's battery burn out at the beginning of June, I would definitely get a new one but hunting for batteries on eBay and Amazon is like trying to hunt for living dinosaurs. Every time I want to use it the PSP must be plugged into an outlet :cry:

EDIT
- "Fixed tutorial screens, these may or may not be replaced with something better
-

I may prepare a version six in the next few days. Stay Tuned."

Anthony did you decide to use the suggestion about the campaign cutscenes and the tutorial?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:- "Fixed tutorial screens, these may or may not be replaced with something better
-

I may prepare a version six in the next few days. Stay Tuned."

Anthony did you decide to use the suggestion about the campaign cutscenes and the tutorial?
I already explained before that the PSP version of SWBF2 doesn't support any form of videos.
Lordawesome23 wrote:I have a PSP 2000, I used to have two, but I lost the one with the good battery. My current PSP 2000 has had it's battery burn out at the beginning of June, I would definitely get a new one but hunting for batteries on eBay and Amazon is like trying to hunt for living dinosaurs. Every time I want to use it the PSP must be plugged into an outlet :cry:
It's actually a good idea just to buy a used console for about $50. Most of them still have Sony batteries, take the battery, resale the extra console without it.
Lordawesome23
Private

Post by Lordawesome23 »

I'm not talking about videos. I'm talking about replacing all screenshots and text with screenshots and words spoken in each cutscene.