For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 5th Release

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:Its Sad to note the Creators of the Original Game (Savage Entertainment)
Put Little Effort in this game the didn't even finish Mustafar
It's not completely their fault. They were rushed. Pandemic and LucasArts were rushed as well just to make SWBF2 at all. There's lots of half finished or unused content in the SWBF2 mod tools that may have ended up in the default SWBF2 game if they had more time.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

True i heard theres a Han Solo and Luke Skywalker Stormtroopers version But itd PSP exclusive its somewhere in the files
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:True i heard theres a Han Solo and Luke Skywalker Stormtroopers version But itd PSP exclusive its somewhere in the files
They exist in all games. I will be fixing them up too so they can be used in the psp mod.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

So are you saying that the Luke And Han StormTrooper are in the PS2

I know theres a PC model of them but i thought it was only in a Mod

Edit
im adding a folder with Skins in it i dont know if all them work but i know some do
right now im uploading a link to them
it includes Clone Wars Galactic Civil War and Rebellion skins no CIS Right Now

Edit 2
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9cry ... ThEbUd4U1U
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:So are you saying that the Luke And Han StormTrooper are in the PS2

I know theres a PC model of them but i thought it was only in a Mod

Edit
im adding a folder with Skins in it i dont know if all them work but i know some do
right now im uploading a link to them
it includes Clone Wars Galactic Civil War and Rebellion skins no CIS Right Now

Edit 2
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9cry ... ThEbUd4U1U
Those are already compiled .lvl files so they're most likely not going to work. Why: 1) They were probably not munged for the PS2 platform and 2) They are probably bigger than the max supported character texture size of 128x128 on the PSP and 3) They look like the files from the PC skin changer mod by CommanderAwesome. I won't use something without their permission anyway, how ever I did add the Honor Guard rebel skins and they look great! (He released those on an open thread somewhere)

Progress: Music has been restored game wide along with fixed tutorial screens.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

i asked my friend if he could find some or make some i thought he just took them from the PC SkinChanger but "Do Or Do Not There Is No Try"

But im glad at least 1 skin set works

So when you have the PS2 mod done or version 1,2,3... How will people mod it im gonna guess by putting in the PS2 disc in a computer and edit it with a soft ware

Another question does a PS2 need a Ethernet cord to play online?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:i asked my friend if he could find some or make some i thought he just took them from the PC SkinChanger but "Do Or Do Not There Is No Try"

But im glad at least 1 skin set works

So when you have the PS2 mod done or version 1,2,3... How will people mod it im gonna guess by putting in the PS2 disc in a computer and edit it with a soft ware

Another question does a PS2 need a Ethernet cord to play online?
How to mod the PS2 can't be discussed here. Google's your route. About multiplayer - yes you need an ethernet cable. The large PS2 requires an adapter too but the slim PS2 only requires the ethernet cable. And to setup multiplayer for the PS2, you need a game that has multiplayer (SWBF1 or 2 for example), when you press multiplayer, the first screen is a network selection / configuration screen which presents pretty simple stuff so getting online is pretty easy, although recently the multiplayer died and people are still setting up a new one. Also you may have DNAS authentication issues because Sony has been pulling the plug on old things (PSP Store for example)
BUDDID
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II PSP
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by BUDDID »

PSP Model: 3001
CFW: 6.60 PRO-C

1.) On the instant action map select screen, all maps titles up to Bespin are invisible and have no description making it so you can't tell what they are. Bespin and onward work as intended.
2.) Playing on Naboo: Theed, about 30 seconds in near the center, PSP froze and then crashed.
3.) 3rd map on list (not sure which one because it's invisible) causes PSP to freeze and crash.

Will continue to update this as I mess around with it. Fantastic job! Awesome seeing these Battlefront 1 maps on PSP, keep up the great work. :D
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

would it be possable to use the Shadow Strorm Trooper from the BFX mod?

and if possable the regular Empire skins the PSP skin dont look so Great but not big deal

Also on V4 i was using Campaign Leia doesnt spawn
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

BUDDID wrote:PSP Model: 3001

1.) On the instant action map select screen, all maps titles up to Bespin are invisible and have no description making it so you can't tell what they are. Bespin and onward work as intended.
2.) Playing on Naboo: Theed, about 30 seconds in near the center, PSP froze and then crashed.
3.) 3rd map on list (not sure which one because it's invisible) causes PSP to freeze and crash.

Will continue to update this as I mess around with it. Fantastic job! Awesome seeing these Battlefront 1 maps on PSP, keep up the great work. :D
If you have text issues in any menu item please make sure you're using the American game. The ID is ULUS-10053. This fixes buggy menu texts.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Yeah thats what i was thinking i didnt know what he was talking about
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:would it be possable to use the Shadow Strorm Trooper from the BFX mod?

and if possable the regular Empire skins the PSP skin dont look so Great but not big deal

Also on V4 i was using Campaign Leia doesnt spawn
The Leia spawn bug is a pretty widespread issue in the stock game, it's not a PSP specific problem, and it's not caused by any of the PSP mods. I am not sure what has to be done to fix that.

About the character request, probably not. New character models do not work, at all almost. Quigon and IG-88 have been the only new characters I got to work but I haven't decided which maps get them yet.
BUDDID
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II PSP

Post by BUDDID »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
BUDDID wrote:PSP Model: 3001

If you have text issues in any menu item please make sure you're using the American game. The ID is ULUS-10053. This fixes buggy menu texts.
I wasn't, sorry about that. Looks fine now that I've switched.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

I believe there could be a option in fake console to spawn leia just a thought tho

And IG-88 i think should be on Geonsis freight dock

For qui gon one of the naboo maps

Also to note the reason why leia doesn't spawn is because of the 1.3 patch it must be on that PSP map

Also i recall using the jungle skin in 4V with full set but in V5 only jet trooper clone commander and clone engineer have the skin

Swbf2 Kashyyk doesn't work on CW and on GCW its all Buggy well only the sky image
Lordawesome23
Private
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by Lordawesome23 »

So basically there will be no VO lines... But there will be music?
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Lordawesome23 wrote:So basically there will be no VO lines... But there will be music?
Well to have VO he'd have to remove music i personally love Star Wars Music in a Star Wars game
Lordawesome23
Private
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Me too but I kinda liked having voices in the game. More immersive to me
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="AnthonyBF2"]This is good to know but I am not sure what I could have changed that switched one or the other. The only sounds I've messed with are related to the core.req. (The beep and click sounds)

Edit, You know I got an idea now thanks to that information. I think the command post odf files have parameters related so sound. In the default PSP game, there's no voice overs and the music works. On the new maps I've added (or the existing maps I changed) I used the command posts odf files from the mod tools, which has the voice over functions, and guess what? The voice overs work, you hear stuff like "We captured a command post" and etc. So I am thinking I need to figure out the right odf settings for the command post files... then redo them for all the maps so the music can/may work again. Not having voice overs is also why I suspect the PSP game has the text messages added like "The Empire captured the Cantina" and etc.

Edit, Bingo! It's in the map Lua files. In the PSP mod, every single map Lua has been replaced by a custom script or a script from the mod tools assets. They have several sound functions related to sounds such as voice overs, music, and ambient streams. I did some research in the PSP game's default mission.lvl and the map scripts only have Lua functions for the music. So I know what to do do now to get the music back, but just like it is by default, there will be no command post VO or nature streams, which is fine. I agree with the others that the music matters most in a Star Wars game. There will still be sounds related to weapons, vehicles, and characters of course, they come from somewhere else.[/quote]
That's great! "No music" was the only disappointing thing :thumbs:
I absolutely agree with "music is more important in a STAR WARS game"!
Thank you so much for continuing this project :bowdown:
Last edited by suLac on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Lordawesome23 wrote:Me too but I kinda liked having voices in the game. More immersive to me
Well there can only be one since the game only has one sound stream. Music wins.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Fans of the mod, just remember that even getting the game itself working on PSP was a huge undertaking, so be thankful that mods can run on it at all. :D Take this snippet from Wikipedia:
Peter Hirschmann, vice president of product development at LucasArts, detailed the immense efforts required to get the game to a playable state on the PlayStation Portable. "It was a huge 'pop the champagne' day if you got back one whole frame a second," he stated. LucasArts Engineers working on Indiana Jones and Star Wars development teams were brought in to help optimize game code.
Incidentally, I wrote that part of the article, so I can verify it's true. It came from the Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts book.

There's always that feeling of wanting more, but frankly I'm surprised Anthony has been able to do so much with it as-is. I remember getting frustrated at the Xbox's limitations when I was doing that mod, so I can't imagine how much tougher it is for him.