DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 2nd Release

Post by DylanRocket »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Is adding new models also a problem?
Unfortunately, yes. viewtopic.php?p=520387#p520387
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

By coming up with another hackjob modding method I can now say more maps will soon be added/fixed! Among these are Death Star and the entire Mustafar (not the hallowed out empty Mustafar that comes stock on the PSP version)
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Thats excellent news! Is it also possible to have more than 6 classes? Not that I would condone adding a billion other classes, but it could be a cool test to have a 7th class with a nice reskin and edited set up. I created some weapons in my mods that I would be willing to share if you want to try them.

Also gotta say adding the 41st skins to foresty maps is really cool. It makes it sorta closer to how the other psp battlefront have different skins. Im sure it makes the file size bigger, but it gives it some really nice things that were"nt in it before.

While testing new maps like kasshyyk islands and dune sea I had trouble with flying ships. In battlefront 1 the spaceships had much slower speeds so it was easier to handle on the ground maps. The ai also appeared to crash often which im sure is expected with newer maps. I think editing the ships files to go at a slower more reasonable speed like how snow speeders are handleld would be beneficial to this mod.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Thats excellent news! Is it also possible to have more than 6 classes? Not that I would condone adding a billion other classes, but it could be a cool test to have a 7th class with a nice reskin and edited set up. I created some weapons in my mods that I would be willing to share if you want to try them.

Also gotta say adding the 41st skins to foresty maps is really cool. It makes it sorta closer to how the other psp battlefront have different skins. Im sure it makes the file size bigger, but it gives it some really nice things that were"nt in it before.

While testing new maps like kasshyyk islands and dune sea I had trouble with flying ships. In battlefront 1 the spaceships had much slower speeds so it was easier to handle on the ground maps. The ai also appeared to crash often which im sure is expected with newer maps. I think editing the ships files to go at a slower more reasonable speed like how snow speeders are handleld would be beneficial to this mod.
Yes it is possible to have more than 6 classes, I have a theory that it may be possible to have more than 10 classes, unlike PC. I am thinking this because the PS2/PSP platform uses the rotating carousel so it shouldn't run off the screen. All I have to do is add 10 or more classes to setup_teams.lua and test it. I will do that soon but right now I am making good progress in the space maps. I also have no concern for file size. I am interested in adding as much content as possible, maps, modes, skins, regardless of file size. About weapon models, I suppose those could be used in the PS2/PS2 platform, since it's essentially just a prop, instead of a playable entity which would bug out. I can build weapons into a separate file and use SetClassProperty to assign them to troops. And the flyers crashing, I need to add in flyer splines which is something I never tried. Time to learn something new!

For now I just revived Death Star, whole Mustafar and am half way through the space maps.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

anthonybf2 wrote:By coming up with another hackjob modding method I can now say more maps will soon be added/fixed! Among these are Death Star and the entire Mustafar (not the hallowed out empty Mustafar that comes stock on the PSP version)
Awesome! Does the fix work on the other maps or just on Death Star/Mustafar?
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Also gotta say adding the 41st skins to foresty maps is really cool. It makes it sorta closer to how the other psp battlefront have different skins. Im sure it makes the file size bigger, but it gives it some really nice things that were"nt in it before.
Actually 41st.lvl is only 79 KB. It's literally just a bunch of textures a one .req file compiled into an lvl file.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Basically I've taken the map files for dea1.lvl and mus1.lvl from the PS2 version, then hex edited them to not load textures (they would be too big). At that point, they loaded and played fine on the PSP(Without textures). Then I setup new, smaller textures from a new level file and loaded them up through the Lua. The same way we've been getting new unit skins. I have also gotten the PS2 space map files to run on the PSP, But I didn't set up textures yet.

The method of preventing the PS2 world files from loading textures is as follows:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Open the world files in hex editor, find every occurrence of tex_ and replace it's 4 bytes with 00. tex_ is the header beginning for .tga files and removing the extensions prevents them from being used.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

anthonybf2 wrote:Basically I've taken the map files for dea1.lvl and mus1.lvl from the PS2 version, then hex edited them to not load textures (they would be too big). At that point, they loaded and played fine on the PSP(Without textures). Then I setup new, smaller textures from a new level file and loaded them up through the Lua. The same way we've been getting new unit skins. I have also gotten the PS2 space map files to run on the PSP, But I didn't set up textures yet.

The method of preventing the PS2 world files from loading textures is as follows:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Open the world files in hex editor, find every occurrence of tex_ and replace it's 4 bytes with 00. tex_ is the header beginning for .tga files and removing the extensions prevents them from being used.
Clever. So it probably would work with any map. :D

Also I can confirm that having more than 10 units per team works.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

DylanRocket wrote:Also I can confirm that having more than 10 units per team works.
Sweet! I would love to add more characters, above 10, and perhaps new units if we can find a fix for botched models.
I also have to think having more than 10 units is a bit much, as the game limits 10 bots per side, all 10+ would not be used at once.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

Which program is capable of editing an iso file for PSP? :cpu:
I tried 7zip and WinRAR but they haven't worked ... so I asked Google but IsoBuster haven't worked too :?

EDIT:
Thanks Anthony :D
ULUS10053 by the way :wink:
Last edited by suLac on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

suLac wrote:Which program is capable of editing an iso file for PSP? :cpu:
I tried 7zip and WinRAR but they haven't worked ... so I asked Google but IsoBuster haven't worked too :?
Those programs are just file compressors, they cannot make a psp-specific game image. You need to use a program called UMDGen. All you have to do is have the 2 main items ready - UMD_DATA.BIN and the folder PSP_GAME. Drag both of the items into UMDGen's interface and click save as ISO or CSO. Also make sure you have the USA game version. If you use the PAL game version, localization goes wacky wacky.

The USA game will have an ID something like ULES000153 (I can't remember exactly)
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

This is a little bug report for the 2nd Release

I've tested v2 on my PSP 3004 and PSP Go, both with CFW 6.60 LME 2.3 and also with PPSSPP 1.1.1 in both modes (Fat and Slim & Lite). Furthermore I used the US version of Battlefront II.

Issues I noticed
Hidden/Spoiler:
All of the mentioned issues occured on every "platform".

Major issues:
- game seems to crash randomly at Dune Sea (sometimes on spawning or on ammo pickup or on destroying an ammo or bacta droid ...)
- Corusant always causes my PSP (and the Emulator as well) to freeze entirely, so I have to hardreset it by removing the battery :(
- game crashes every time on second loading of some of the new maps (Corusant, Kashyyyk: Beachhead, Tatooine: Dune Sea) ... they only work when you load them the first time

Minor issues:
- all text strings are missing in the in-game "Controls" menu
- the saving dialog is corrupted (deformed layout borders as an result incorrect strings I guess)
- Kamino has some disappearing walls, the ocean is missing and a the skybox is slightly buggy
- the entire ground texture is missing on Geonosis
- missing in-game music on added maps
Things which are working and I am very happy about :bowdown:
+ Geonosis, Utapau, Yavin 4: Arena and most important Kamino are runinng flawlessly without any crashes (I love Kamino it is one of my favorites among the originals and I am happy to see it on the PSP) even if there are some graphical issues
+ Fakeconsole is working properly, I tried out several commands
+ there are no issues with performance, every added map runs as good as the original PSP maps

Overall I have to say, that you've done great work so far and I am looking forward to future releases :thumbs:
Last edited by suLac on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I already knew about most of those issues. At the time I am just interested to keep getting more content added. When I reach a point where I feel enough has been added, I will then begin to fix small scale issues.

About the corrupt load screen. I cannot find the string to create an entry for, that presents Would you like to save? blah blah...
Coruscant works for me, even the campaign. In fact it seems to be the only campaign map that works completely(lucky eh? My favorite one!). I have PPSSPP 1.0 and PSP model 1001 and Coruscant plays on both.
Geonosis, I think only has invisible terrain in conquest mode. I don't know anything at all about how sounds work. New maps will just have to deal with no music, at least for a good while. I know about the control layout screens, there are too many entry strings for my liking and I really don't feel like bothering with those yet.

Thanks for playing! :wink:
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

Jabba's Palace (WIP):
Hidden/Spoiler:
Screenshots were taken on the PPSSPP emulator. Jabba and the Rancor were removed (for now) because of model glitches. For example, Jabba appeared as two eyes floating in air. Currently working on setting up CTF/Hunt mode. :)
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I've gotten GAB's Honoghr map running. I guess this counts as the first custom user map, water is buggy but everything else works.

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

for the Jabba's Palace map you might try using non-animated models for now.
ARC117
Private
Projects :: PSP SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2
xbox live or psn: KingKyrex

Post by ARC117 »

Hello, is anyone able to help me? I've replaced the files from the original lvl with the mod. The maps still won't load and render the game unplayable. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or can someone send me what they have with working settings on PPSSPP for this?
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

Teancum wrote:for the Jabba's Palace map you might try using non-animated models for now.
Good idea. I've just finished adding 1 Flag CTF so I've just got to fix Jabba/Rancor and maybe some collision issues.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Updated OP with version 3 download and changes.

EDIT
ARC117 wrote:Hello, is anyone able to help me? I've replaced the files from the original lvl with the mod. The maps still won't load and render the game unplayable. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or can someone send me what they have with working settings on PPSSPP for this?
Make sure you follow my instructions for installing clearly.
1) Make a backup copy of the file global.lvl located inside in _lvl_psp\sound
2) Erase your entire _lvl_psp folder
3) Toss in my _lvl_psp folder
4) Put the file global.lvl back in _lvl_psp\sound

The reason I don't include this file in the download is because of file size.

Also, Read my previous posts to understand how to properly make a PSP functional game image for PSP and PSP Emulator.

The game not loading may also depend on which aspects you're trying to play. The modded game isn't 100% stable. Not all of the new content works yet. Every map should be playable on at least 1 different game mode. At the the time this is my rule - Get every map to work, along with new maps, with at least 1 functional mode.

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
ARC117
Private
Projects :: PSP SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2
xbox live or psn: KingKyrex

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 3rd Release

Post by ARC117 »

anthonybf2 wrote:
ARC117 wrote:Hello, is anyone able to help me? I've replaced the files from the original lvl with the mod. The maps still won't load and render the game unplayable. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or can someone send me what they have with working settings on PPSSPP for this?
Make sure you follow my instructions for installing clearly.
1) Make a backup copy of the file global.lvl located inside in _lvl_psp\sound
2) Erase your entire _lvl_psp folder
3) Toss in my _lvl_psp folder
4) Put the file global.lvl back in _lvl_psp\sound

The reason I don't include this file in the download is because of file size.

Also, Read my previous posts to understand how to properly make a PSP functional game image for PSP and PSP Emulator.
Ok, thanks for the info.

EDIT
Anyone else having trouble opening Kashyyk on CW era? Or is it just me. Most of the other maps work too though.

Also, does anyone remember Broadus' mod with Geonosis. He was able to add gunships and such. Could we try to add those in future versions?

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 3rd Release

Post by DylanRocket »

ARC117 wrote: Anyone else having trouble opening Kashyyk on CW era? Or is it just me. Most of the other maps work too though.
Yeah, I've got the same problem unfortunately. Mustafar crashed for me in CW era as well. GCW era worked however.