For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Latest Release - Version 7

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

So it is here now, v7 of the PSP mods. From v6, you're getting 5-6 new custom maps but for now they'll only have conquest. Lots of graphical aspects have been updated in Bespin maps, Yavin Arena, SWBF1 Kamino, SWBF2 Kashyyyk, Polis Massa, Tantive, SWBF2 Mos Eisley, and SWBF2 Endor. Most maps with vehicles will feature higher detailed textures at 256x256 from 128x128. All hunt modes will feature higher definition character skins at 256x256 from 128x128. Fake Console has been tweaked, more useless commands or commands that served little purpose have been removed and a few more skin changer options have been added. More game modes have been added to Bespin levels and SWBF1 Kamino. The Naboo Prototype map has been pulled, it kept crashing I and grew tired of fixing it. One new character, IG-88 has been added to the game and assigned to about 4 or 5 maps.

Currently known issues:
All of the Rise of the Empire levels are still not ready. Which ones prepared and not prepared are not documented.
The terrain will disappear on Polis Massa. Zooming your weapon usually loads it back into view.
Bespin Canyons still lags really bad. This map will be pulled in version 8 if not made to be more stable.
SWBF2 Geonosis will crash on conquest era C. All other modes still work.
Skin changer can crash if used on certain maps and modes. It is not yet documented which areas of the game it will crash. The reason for this is that using the skin changer may be overloading the PSP's graphic memory limit.
The Challenges game modes are not prepared. They will either crash or load default Mos Eisley Conquest on era G.

To report other issues with this version of the mods, please make a reply on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=32452
The reason for that thread is to keep this thread revolving around mostly feedback and questions.
Also be sure to read the PSP rules if you're new here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=32453

I don't feel like uploading videos or screenshots at the very moment I am typing this out, so it's up to you to play the mod and see what's up.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7lqvedyfa ... rsion+7.7z

Installation:
Delete your _lvl_psp folder located in PSP_GAME\USRDYR\DATA\ then add the _lvl_psp folder from the download. Compile your ISO/CSO and you're good to go.
Last edited by AnthonyBF2 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

Loving the new maps also the Hunt Mode Models Looks Awesome my reaction was history they look amazing good job dude
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

I love how this project improves with every new release, keep it up mate :thumbs:
The modified HUD is awesome and the added maps are well converted :)
Hidden/Spoiler:
... expect from missing music here and there, but I am sure, that you're working on that :wink:
Lordawesome23
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Awesome!
MLGTheMaster13
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 psp

Post by MLGTheMaster13 »

This, along of with the rest is amazing :D :D. Thanks for looking out for those who are to broke for pc. I realy appreciate. Also the implantation of free radical's corasaunt is a dream come true so i thank you again. Do you have a set date for V8?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

MLGTheMaster13 wrote:This, along of with the rest is amazing :D :D. Thanks for looking out for those who are to broke for pc. I realy appreciate. Also the implantation of free radical's corasaunt is a dream come true so i thank you again. Do you have a set date for V8?
I would like to get v8 out sometime mid February. I have a few long tasks to complete that will make the mod more customizable.
MLGTheMaster13
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 psp

Post by MLGTheMaster13 »

No rush man :D . Id imagine your a busy guy. The way i see it you could either do it fast or you could do it right :D
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

While I think the skin changer script is very cool, it seems to be less practical on the psp. At least from my experience using it has a mostly 80% of crashing whatever map im on and then I have to restart my psp system. Im not dissing the auther of the script since I think it works great on the pc, but I think your going for less buggy/crashing enducing commands for psp use. Having different skins pre set on different maps might be more beneficial for the time being.

Other than that this release is pretty neat, removing the weapon icons really doesnt effect gameplay and having the name up still works good. Illum freezing hieghts and the rest of the natural map pack works really good in terms of fps quality and I hope they continue to stay.
Last edited by TWINKEYRUNAWAY on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:While I think the skin changer script is very cool, it seems to be less practical on the psp. At least from my experience using it has a mostly 80% of crashing whatever map im on and then I have to restart my psp system. Im not dissing the auther of the scipt since I think it works great on the pc, but I think your going for less buggy/crashing enducing commands for psp use. Having different skins pre set on different maps might be more beneficial for the time being.
I agree with this. I got my wife a PSP for Christmas and occasionally commandeer it for a little SWBF2 PSP mod playtime. Given that the skin changer loads additional assets into memory I'd rather do without it and in its place have something else, or if nothing else at least total stability. I like Twinkey's idea of per-map skins, but not the ability to change them given memory constraints on the PSP.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

@ Teancum & Twinkey

I recently figured out that character skins by default are all sized at 64. I've been making them 128 all that time because 128 is what I assumed it was.
I still intend to add new skins that load automatically map by map as well as keep the fake console skin changer. I don't want to scale them to 64 but I guess I have no choice.

It would take a bit longer but I can fix it up so it detects certain maps and loads certain skin files - example on a map like Kashyyyk with a low total number of graphic files, I can have it run 128 textures but in serious maps like Death Star I could make it run 64 textures.

Also note that since I have already implemented custom user script support, people are welcomed to load their own skins and other custom fake console stuff. Just munge your textures using the PS2 platform munge parameter. Lua code is universal and doesn't need a specific platform type. Also be sure to include tga option files containing -8bit -maps 1 to present the most detail from textures.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Soon, within the next day or so I will finally finish soft modding my PS2 and begin working on a PS2 conversion mod similar to PSP which I need a break from. Downloads for that not ever be available. When the time comes where I think considerable progress has been made I will simply send people hacked memory cards and new game discs with the modded game, at no cost - although donations will be welcomed when I get ready to execute those plans.
Lordawesome23
Private
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by Lordawesome23 »

Back from mentally finding myself and who I am, did I miss much?

EDIT
Can you guys link me a updated version of UMDGen? I somehow removed the one I had previously and can't find the latest one without being bombarded with sketchy websites.

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i585opq5h ... UMDGen.exe
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I just want to let the followers of the PSP mod that the project is not dead. I am working on it here and there along with the PS2 mod. I am alternating inbetween the two projects when I get stuck on one or the other.
josegamer99
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: battlefront

Post by josegamer99 »

Don't worry, take your time
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
MLGTheMaster13 wrote:This, along of with the rest is amazing :D :D. Thanks for looking out for those who are to broke for pc. I realy appreciate. Also the implantation of free radical's corasaunt is a dream come true so i thank you again. Do you have a set date for V8?
I would like to get v8 out sometime mid February. I have a few long tasks to complete that will make the mod more customizable.
What do you mean make the mod more Customizable?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:
AnthonyBF2 wrote:
What do you mean make the mod more Customizable?
I am working on a thing that will let the player choose to have ingame music or ingame voices simply by renaming a blank file. The system works but I have to implement it for all maps/missions and tweak it based on game mode/era/teams etc.

I have also started redoing several maps one by one and tweaking for best possible performance and graphics. In most maps I've currently got it setup where lots of common objects will use the same textures. An example is in Mygeeto, I have it where all the ground objects use one texture file instead of each object having their own file. I've been doing this method in lots of maps and it allows me to take that extra video memory and upscale more important things like characters and vehicles. I've been able to implement 128 texture dimensions on several maps so far thanks to this method. When v8 comes out, all maps will hopefully have 128 for characters and 256 for vehicles as well as 256 for radar screens. I have also set it up so that there are less total texture files being loaded for characters. Both of these things I've done should also hugely increase stability for fake console skin changer.
FonSpaak

Post by FonSpaak »

Might be off topic; is there a way that we could help the psp community by providing us a tutorial on how to port or make mods specifically for the psp version of SWBF2, i really liked the mod, very great addition for the psp port, also, is there a way to create fakeconsole commands?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

FonSpaak wrote:Might be off topic; is there a way that we could help the psp community by providing us a tutorial on how to port or make mods specifically for the psp version of SWBF2, i really liked the mod, very great addition for the psp port, also, is there a way to create fakeconsole commands?
When the time comes for the project to end (what ever time that happens to be) I will make tutorials so people can add onto it. Yes fake console commands can be added as of now but if you don't know anything about SWBF2 code, it may be pointless because you don't know what to do or what you can do.
chrisbrody28
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF

Post by chrisbrody28 »

When will v8 be ready?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

chrisbrody28 wrote:When will v8 be ready?
Not soon.
chrisbrody28
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF

Post by chrisbrody28 »

That's ok. i am looking forward to see more great features. Keep up the good work, AnthonyBF2! :funny2: