Latest Release - Version 7

For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

badcat
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Gundam

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Post by badcat »

Looking forward to the new version. Slightly off topic, but is it possible to give Princess Leia a lightsabre? I've tried to reallocate weapons using a hex editior, but no luck. Might be something to do with the animations, I suspect.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

badcat wrote:Looking forward to the new version. Slightly off topic, but is it possible to give Princess Leia a lightsabre? I've tried to reallocate weapons using a hex editior, but no luck. Might be something to do with the animations, I suspect.
I've never tried this. As far as I know, Leia has to be set up as a jedi class and given a lightsaber + combo file. This will never happen on PSP because I cannot remake character files.
Salaad
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Salaad »

The mod is really good so far. I'm loving the maps that you added. But I've been experiencing issues when I play
Assault and 1 flag CTF on both Space Yavin and Kashyyyk. They immediately freeze on their loading screens when I try to play on these space maps. I also suggest that you improve the textures of both the ground and surroundings of the tatooine dune sea map because I'ts actually one of my most favorite maps in SWBF1. Keep up the good work and take ur time on working on it.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Salaad wrote:The mod is really good so far. I'm loving the maps that you added. But I've been experiencing issues when I play
Assault and 1 flag CTF on both Space Yavin and Kashyyyk. They immediately freeze on their loading screens when I try to play on these space maps. I also suggest that you improve the textures of both the ground and surroundings of the tatooine dune sea map because I'ts actually one of my most favorite maps in SWBF1. Keep up the good work and take ur time on working on it.
The space content is really boring to me. It'll probably be the very last thing I get around to fixing. The reason v8 will take sooo long to be released is that I am redoing many, many things over to ensure quality and stability. Dune Sea will most definately be completely revised in v8. It was the first new map I added on the PSP version and hadn't touched it since. Guaranteed it will get some love on v8.

Edit: Shout out to all the new people registering on Gametoast just for this mod! :thumbs:
josegamer99
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: battlefront

Post by josegamer99 »

TRUE :D This mod is amazing
Salaad

Post by Salaad »

Are you planning on adding AT-ST's to a few maps?
More specifically are you planning on adding them to the Imperial side at the Mos Eisley map? It was just a thought that came to me when I was playing XL on it.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Salaad wrote:Are you planning on adding AT-ST's to a few maps?
More specifically are you planning on adding them to the Imperial side at the Mos Eisley map? It was just a thought that came to me when I was playing XL on it.
Yes more maps will have vehicles and some new vehicles will debut in v8. I do believe Mos Eisley conquest G has the AT-ST, or it did prior to v6, it may be gone in v7.

Here is a spoiler of new ships that will be featured in the space maps when they get revived. For now I've been using Bespin Platforms as my testing map for new flyers.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Salaad

Post by Salaad »

Do you have a release date on v8?
josegamer99
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: battlefront

Post by josegamer99 »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
Salaad wrote:Are you planning on adding AT-ST's to a few maps?
Yes more maps will have vehicles and some new vehicles will debut in v8. I do believe Mos Eisley conquest G has the AT-ST, or it did prior to v6, it may be gone in v7.

Here is a spoiler of new ships that will be featured in the space maps when they get revived. For now I've been using Bespin Platforms as my testing map for new flyers.
Hidden/Spoiler:

i remember that you said,you were going to delete the first person view, didn't ya?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Salaad wrote:Do you have a release date on v8?
I quit making release times because I never met the deadlines. I've chosen to just release each version when I see fit. I am cramming as much progress as possible into v8. I am planning for v8 to make v7 look like bantha fodder.
josegamer99 wrote:i remember that you said,you were going to delete the first person view, didn't ya?
I have already. It will be gone in v8. The extra video RAM that would normally be wasted on first person will be put to better use.
viniciusmt07
Games I'm Playing :: Star Wars BF2

Post by viniciusmt07 »

The mod is really (REALLY) good. It's not just bringing back maps from the console version, it's adding new maps and maps from BF1 (AND THE CAMPAIGN MODE, THAT'S AWESOME), however I experienced some problems in the space maps, as mentioned, both Coruscant and Naboo BF1 have really bad draw distance, Naboo plains crashes the game and Jabba's Palace could feature the Rancor. Overall, the game is better than the original.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

viniciusmt07 wrote:The mod is really (REALLY) good. It's not just bringing back maps from the console version, it's adding new maps and maps from BF1 (AND THE CAMPAIGN MODE, THAT'S AWESOME), however I experienced some problems in the space maps, as mentioned, both Coruscant and Naboo BF1 have really bad draw distance, Naboo plains crashes the game and Jabba's Palace could feature the Rancor. Overall, the game is better than the original.
I removed the Rancor because it caused the whole level to bug out visually. The Rancor will not be restored unless we figure out how to rebuild characters/animations without the game bugging out.

Update: I am removing sky textures from maps that don't absolutely need them like Tantive and Death Star. Most sky textures are 256x128 or 512x128 and both dimensions take a large portion of video memory that can be used for more important things.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

Diet Dr. Pepper, Everything is sounding awesome

idk how Diet doctor pepper came up
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:Diet Dr. Pepper, Everything is sounding awesome

idk how Diet doctor pepper came up
GT uses the force to detect bad words and converts them.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

i know this is very off topic but with the Mod Tools it says "No CD 1"
any idea on how to fix that?
or do i need the disk
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:i know this is very off topic but with the Mod Tools it says "No CD 1"
any idea on how to fix that?
or do i need the disk
Use the modified version of the exe: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dnlosg34n ... _NoDVD.exe
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I want to remind all of the PSP mod followers that this project is not dead but the next release will still be a very long time away. As of now I just gained the ability do some stuff I could not do before and will post back later once I have something to show.
SwornHeresy

Post by SwornHeresy »

Would it be possible to have a separate companion version of this mod for emulators like PPSSPP that don't have the same limitations of the PSP? That way it could have better graphics to make it look a lot nicer on hd displays. Heck I'd even bug test it for you to make it possible.
Lordawesome23
Private
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront2

Post by Lordawesome23 »

I still think that we should edit the audio to have voice in it.
For example, if a Star Destroyer sensor explodes, we could add the explosion and extend the audio by adding the Clone voice to it as one larger audio file.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

Lordawesome23 wrote:I still think that we should edit the audio to have voice in it.
For example, if a Star Destroyer sensor explodes, we could add the explosion and extend the audio by adding the Clone voice to it as one larger audio file.
When Anthony asked about that, most people agreed (including myself), that the distinctive music is more important to have in a STAR WARS game than voice overs ... it adds to its atmosphere ;)