For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: Latest Release - Version 7

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

SwornHeresy wrote:Would it be possible to have a separate companion version of this mod for emulators like PPSSPP that don't have the same limitations of the PSP? That way it could have better graphics to make it look a lot nicer on hd displays. Heck I'd even bug test it for you to make it possible.
PPSSPP has a texture dump & replace function but I have not learned how it works yet. Once I do I will consider uploading a pack of HD textures for PPSSPP. No guarantees.
SwornHeresy
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by SwornHeresy »

suLac wrote:
Lordawesome23 wrote:I still think that we should edit the audio to have voice in it.
For example, if a Star Destroyer sensor explodes, we could add the explosion and extend the audio by adding the Clone voice to it as one larger audio file.
When Anthony asked about that, most people agreed (including myself), that the distinctive music is more important to have in a STAR WARS game than voice overs ... it adds to its atmosphere ;)
How are we gonna know when to watch those wrist rockets, though?
Salaad
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Salaad »

How's the project?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Salaad wrote:How's the project?
No progress is being made on either the PS2 or PSP mod. As of now I barely have the energy to shower and go to work every night, much less spend several hours at a time on the computer.
NexusBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: Droidd133

Post by NexusBF2 »

Hey, AnthonyBF2 can you help me on installing the mod?

I deleted _lvl_psp in the BF2 directory and extracted your file then when I try to boot it up I get an error on my psp that says The game could not be started.(8001002).

I then tried UMDGen and I made a cso file of the game it booted up this time but with a black screen I have no idea what to do lol. If you can help me out I would be appreciated.

Edit : I found a post you made and you said that I need a USA version of the game and the mod is working now I guess.
BlunterCarcass5
Games I'm Playing :: Starwars battlefront

Post by BlunterCarcass5 »

Will this mod need over clocking at all? and could this mod damage my psp? And will you refine this mod so there's no crashing? what I mean is taking out the buggy bits.

EDIT
I just booted it up and I got a black screen, I did everything right, I got the USA version but I still cant boot.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

First of all, Not necessarily, second Most likely not, i've had this Mod for quite some time and my PSP is fine, Third, I'm pretty sure Anthony is working on fixing the crashing, all of it, Also, are you sure you installed it correctly? mine works completely fine on my OG PSP 1000 :P
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

If I had the time and energy we would be on v12 by now. v8 will still be a long time away but I assure everyone it will make v7 look like Luke's burned parents.
ChrisHighwind

Post by ChrisHighwind »

Hey, just registered to say I just found this mod, and I like it a lot! It has a lot of extra content, and I'm enjoying what I'm playing.

However, I noticed that the controls are kinda weird, i.e. things like "Press R or L to fire and *blank* or *blank* to *blank*" and all the controls in options show up as Null. Is that supposed to happen, or did I do something wrong when modifying the ISO?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

ChrisHighwind wrote:Hey, just registered to say I just found this mod, and I like it a lot! It has a lot of extra content, and I'm enjoying what I'm playing.

However, I noticed that the controls are kinda weird, i.e. things like "Press R or L to fire and *blank* or *blank* to *blank*" and all the controls in options show up as Null. Is that supposed to happen, or did I do something wrong when modifying the ISO?
Seeing NULL on the control menu is supposed to happen and I cannot fix it. What happens is the game uses a source string to display an actual message. An example would be something like rep_weap_inf_shotgun displaying the name Shotgun or something. When I replaced certain files in the PSP mod they do not contain the source strings from the old files. I cannot add the source strings either because I don't have a way to identify them. The control menu will always say NULL. The best you can do is load up the regular unmodified game an pick your controls then save changes. Those changes are saved to the save data and not in the game files. When you launch the modded game you'll have the controls you picked on the unmodified game.
Techmaster455
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Star wars battlefron

Post by Techmaster455 »

Anthony please do a tutorial on how to get the mod on Android using ppsspp
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

SwornHeresy wrote:
suLac wrote:
Lordawesome23 wrote:I still think that we should edit the audio to have voice in it.
For example, if a Star Destroyer sensor explodes, we could add the explosion and extend the audio by adding the Clone voice to it as one larger audio file.
When Anthony asked about that, most people agreed (including myself), that the distinctive music is more important to have in a STAR WARS game than voice overs ... it adds to its atmosphere ;)
How are we gonna know when to watch those wrist rockets, though?
Just don't get hit by them, :P , Simple.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:
SwornHeresy wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="suLac"][quote="Lordawesome23"]I still think that we should edit the audio to have voice in it.
[/hide]

How are we gonna know when to watch those wrist rockets, though?[/quote]
Just don't get hit by them, :P , Simple.[/quote]
I think so too ... just be aware of your surroundings and you won't have any problems :P
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Techmaster455 wrote:Anthony please do a tutorial on how to get the mod on Android using ppsspp
It can't be that hard. Just make a new game ISO with the modded files, then tell the PSP app to select that ISO and the game will run.
Techmaster455
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Techmaster455 »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
Techmaster455 wrote:Anthony please do a tutorial on how to get the mod on Android using ppsspp
It can't be that hard. Just make a new game ISO with the modded files, then tell the PSP app to select that ISO and the game will run.
I figured it out now but thx for replying and what time do you think you will get v8 out even if it's in a long time
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Techmaster455 wrote:
AnthonyBF2 wrote:
I figured it out now but thx for replying and what time do you think you will get v8 out even if it's in a long time
I quit making estimates because I cannot ever meet them.
Techmaster455
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by Techmaster455 »

AnthonyBF2 wrote:
Techmaster455 wrote:
AnthonyBF2 wrote:
Sry for asking lots of questions but I was wondering what the best settings for ppsspp on Android for the mod are?

PS: what maps have the mod heros and villians that you added in the mod
ARC117
Private
Projects :: PSP SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2
xbox live or psn: KingKyrex

Post by ARC117 »

Techmaster455 wrote:
AnthonyBF2 wrote:
Could you show me what you did?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Techmaster455 wrote:
AnthonyBF2 wrote:
Techmaster455 wrote:
AnthonyBF2 wrote:
Sry for asking lots of questions but I was wondering what the best settings for ppsspp on Android for the mod are?

PS: what maps have the mod heros and villians that you added in the mod
I never really attempted to play on Android, it is just undo-able for me. I mainly use PPSSPP on Windows for testing and the real PSP for testing certain things I get done with completely.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Techmaster455 wrote: Sry for asking lots of questions but I was wondering what the best settings for ppsspp on Android for the mod are?
I would hit up the PPSSPP forums and look into best settings for Star Wars Battlefront 2. They would know better.