{WRL} vs. [GT] war

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

i'm in, but i too go back to school soon(september 6th) but i'm free until then
{WRL}Leader.TF

Post by {WRL}Leader.TF »

Alright, it seems that a few of you will be able to be there. So, how many maps would you like, and how many people per side would you like?
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by yankeefan05 »

U need to tell us what day this will be. I might not msake it this wek as i will try to get [GT] clan more wins and kill s to bring up our rank. We have only played 3 matches so far.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

I'm in if I got time
{WRL}Leader.TF

Post by {WRL}Leader.TF »

Well, I am perfectly open to suggestions. Since many of our members are back in school, however, the preferable time would be on the weekend.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Some of us have one more week (until Sep 5) so I think the clans need to host a custom server featuring maps I'm sure all of us can accept and download. Personally, I thought now is the time to battle other clans in a mod maps created from many members besides the BF1 Conversion Map Pack.
{WRL}Leader.TF

Post by {WRL}Leader.TF »

Your members, I assume? I have played and enjoyed a great deal of maps put out by your members, save two, so that would be an option. Do you have any particular maps in mind?
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

how about everyone posts the name of one or two maps they would like to play and the most popular ones will be put on. but that might be a bit unfair since most {WRL} aren't members here. but still it's an idea. Also i think it is a good idea to do this on a weekend, as people who are at school or work have a high chance of being free on those days
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'd like to see Capital Down 4 and Manaan: Murky Depths in the map list I'm not sure if Capital Down 4 is stable enough on Multiplayer, though.
{WRL}Leader.TF

Post by {WRL}Leader.TF »

Well, I personally would like to see the ORIGINAL RE1.
{WRL}Leader.TF

Post by {WRL}Leader.TF »

Also, when do I stop being a Recruit Fodder Scooper?
yodasoda

Post by yodasoda »

you gotta get more post to get your rank up
comandoBoB

Post by comandoBoB »

so we need

who ( whos play)
when ( when the war will be)
where ( what maps)

Post i guess if you want to play

mods and GT members get priority

we sould also agree on the date and what maps
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

why should GT members get priority? WRL should have a say too so that it is fun for everyone who is playing. i think some of the GT and WRL leaders should ultimately decide on the above. i like surprises anyway and am not really fussed what the maps are.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Murdocr wrote:why should GT members get priority? WRL should have a say too so that it is fun for everyone who is playing. i think some of the GT and WRL leaders should ultimately decide on the above. i like surprises anyway and am not really fussed what the maps are.
I don't want to offend anybody here but I think this time around it would be appropriate if these clans both hosted maps made froml modders like Mazda, OOM-9, Valiant, MajinRevan, etc.

I can easily accept clan maps Teancum has made but I would feel ashamed to leave out other good maps.

Therefore, here's a few maps we could try to play but each has their minor flaws too. :wink:

Battle Over Coruscant: The heroes aren't locked units, meaning they can spawn in the beginning and they also have an unlimited max number.

Kashyyyk Forest 2.0: Same thing as Battle Over Coruscant but the modder did a great job setting up wookiee barriers.

Anor City: Jet Troopers may reach tall buildings but that won't affect the gameplay a lot.
Sniper_eye
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by Sniper_eye »

Droideka88 wrote:
Murdocr wrote:why should GT members get priority? WRL should have a say too so that it is fun for everyone who is playing. i think some of the GT and WRL leaders should ultimately decide on the above. i like surprises anyway and am not really fussed what the maps are.
I don't want to offend anybody here but I think this time around it would be appropriate if these clans both hosted maps made froml modders like Mazda, OOM-9, Valiant, MajinRevan, etc.

I can easily accept clan maps Teancum has made but I would feel ashamed to leave out other good maps.

Therefore, here's a few maps we could try to play but each has their minor flaws too. :wink:
Battle Over Coruscant: The heroes aren't locked units, meaning they can spawn in the beginning and they also have an unlimited max number.

Kashyyyk Forest 2.0: Same thing as Battle Over Coruscant but the modder did a great job setting up wookiee barriers.

Anor City: Jet Troopers may reach tall buildings but that won't affect the gameplay a lot.
@Droideka: Battle over Coruscant sounds like a good idea :) ...But im not sure people will already have maps such as Anor City and Kashyyyk forest. The maps that I feel shouldbe included are the conversion v1 maps, Battle Over Coruscant, Tatooine Valley and the original Hoth map included in Star Wars Battlefront 2.

As for time...since weekends are off during school years, maybe we could establish a time at September 9th, 2006 at around 6pm sharp... :)
{WRL}Leader.TF

Post by {WRL}Leader.TF »

Great, I'll run these ideas past the clan and see thier reactions. As for the time, could we establish anything slightly earlier, say around 4 EST?
comandoBoB

Post by comandoBoB »

i didn't mean it like that, i was saying that the GT members should get priority over GT-b members

WRL members should get priority over their "lesser clan" if you have one.
i guess i really didn't think that first post out to carfuly srry for any offence

but any way the maps we select every one should have the most popular maps such as the bf2 conversion pack and battle over crousunt would be good maps because nearly every one has them

also if i was planning this i would add in some shipped maps, just in case some people that cant download mapps can have some part in this
Murdocr

Post by Murdocr »

oh... no problem, it was me not thinking aswell :D. also i agree that there should be some shipped maps in there, as they are still a bit of fun. And i don't think that we should have anything that is lower than a 0.7 beta as below that is kinda unfinished and could still have major bugs and online instability. having conversion pack maps would encourage people from the WRL clan to download also. 4 EST is a little late for people in Europe though.... it's 9PM and that's just in the UK, so it will be to late for others in eastern parts of Europe.
{WRL}Leader.TF

Post by {WRL}Leader.TF »

Well, any earlier may cause difficulties, but I'll see about it. Anyway, could we not have that conversion pack? Whenever I download it, it says, "FILE CORRUPTED!" or something like that.