Tournament Star Wars: Battlefront II

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

F4R7TZ

Tournament Star Wars: Battlefront II

Post by F4R7TZ »

Hello,
I'am part of the SotG Admin Group whom you may of heard about the SotG Community.
However, we are orginizing an 8 Clan/Community Tournament, simply for some fun, and to get to know clans/communities who are based around the star wars battlefront II game.

The tournament has 5 stages, the first 5 is where everyone is involved in, the there are 4 other stages after that (obviously :P) , which eventually lead to the 2 highest point counters in the finals. SotG is of course taking part in this so we are "lurking" around to find ideal clans/communities which would be appropriate. There are rules so people will not be able to glitch etc, and it has been made to fair standards.

There are 18 rounds in total throughout the 5 stages and 53 games all together. But if you got to the end of the tournament you will play 18 or 17 matches (depending on how man points you get).

Of course this is not going to be all done in one day, it will be spread out over a period of time, but you will be alerted of when matches are, and all results will be posted on our websites to see how well you are donig against other teams.

They will be fair judges , watchnig over the game maknig sure they are not glitching etc.

At the moment, the number of players we request in each clan/community to be able to participate is 8, we may increase or decrease taht depending on the outcome of commitment we get across other clans.communities.

We are keeping every forum up to date of which we are doing, of whom are taking part.

You can find the SotG Community Here

So if you wish to take part in it, then please do reply.
Thanks,
SotG Community.
Karnage
Commander Randomtoast
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Overwatch
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Tournament Star Wars: Battlefront II

Post by Karnage »

Well I don't know how many people will respond but since I have been recently added to the [GT] Clan, i'd like to be a part of something.

Can I as one person participate?
F4R7TZ

Post by F4R7TZ »

Well, if Gt was able to get 8 to participate, then that would be great. But at the current time the number is 8 but as i already said t=it could be decreased depending on the out come.
On the other hand it could be low amount for stage 1 ut higher for the finals, becuase you would want that to be the best match. It can be all orginised in a difficult way, because at the end of the day Gt is only "fighting" for their place in the tournament and not actaully sorting it all out to make it a fair game lol. But its nto all the same maps, it is all orginized fairly and mroe to the point fun(ly) :D
Kane13

Post by Kane13 »

well, i'd love to do this, sounds like fun. i'm just not in a clan though, cuz there aren't too many steady clans on this game, i've been through a fair few, not a noob. just if anyone needs me...my specialties are space battle: ship to ship combat, no-scope sniping, and i'm not too bad of a regular trooper too.
Qdin
Old School Staff
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Qdin »

Kane, then visit a recruiting server and play and after some time you should ask whether you mgiht join that clan.

you're not gonna get in [GT] just by such a post and after barely 2 months on Gametoast :wink:
F4R7TZ

Post by F4R7TZ »

Well i'll give you a week or so to think about it properly, as i yet have to find other appropraite clans/communities as wel las yourselfs.
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

First of all, what really matters is where in the world the servers are located. it's not possible for half the clan to even play if it's in Europe, as well as if the servers were in America.
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Hi F4, btw ive known F4 for many months, a good friend of mine.

We'll c how is able to participate in this. I dont think i can because of Thanksgiving in i have to do applications for High-Schools. Sorry.
F4R7TZ

Post by F4R7TZ »

Hello :D, well you have a week, maybe more if you want to take part, then jsut find (at the moment the number of people is) 8 players who are in Gt , obviously.
We have thought about server issues, and that should be no problem, as we will be able to rotate servers around to different areas. But whereever the hoster is. They will be a judge in the game ,regardless if they have control to RM/Sm or not. As this judge will be making sure no one is cheating into some sences, such as glitching etc. But just have a think about it, but it wont be "A cut in the throat" if you can't join either becuase a short of attendence, or unable to for some reason. But i asked you and others like GT, as i do not want to be asking inapropriate clans/communities (no examples given :P).
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Also, for the [GT] members in Europe, this a great chance for u. Many of the =SotG= community members r from Europe.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

If it's after Dec 2 count me in. My senior year is killing me...not badly though. :wink:
F4R7TZ

Post by F4R7TZ »

Well, weirdly enough a few people have been saying i can't take part until after december 2nd. I could extend the opening date until then or, you could jstu take part in other mathches because you may get 1 or posibly 2 matches done before then, remember this thing is spread out at a period of time, and the people who play the frist match don't have to be the people who are in it all the way through. Becuase its a good idea to have ackups otherwise if soemone does not turn up then you'll need a back up.
At the moment the opening date is next weekend. However, i may extend that if people request more time. :)
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

Well, F4, i dont think ill be able to participate in this at all. Pushed back or not. And FW4 starts Dec. 1-Dec. 8.

Altough maybe the European [GT]ers can participate and maybe even some [GT-b]ers can participate in this tournament in place of thew rest of the [GT] members, ask in the SWBF2 where every1 looks if u want the [GT-b] to be in it.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

The problem is school in Nov for high school juniors and especially Seniors. Guys like me and Emperor (anyone else?) have to take an examination test and fill out applications to colleges. I live in California so I have to take one more SAT: Subject on Dec 2. Also I have to at least finish my University essay and soon enough incorporate that to USC (I doubt I'll get in but I do, then good start).

After Dec 2 everything should run smoothly for me. I do have a Senior Project but it is done slowly...

One question about the tournament. Does it have AI?

Note to all: I am GT-B.
F4R7TZ

Post by F4R7TZ »

Nope no AI's all the rules as from what we have thought about at the moment and information is on our forums
http://www.sotghome.com
I will post it up on the site tomorrow (Sunday) and any rules that get cahnged will e edited. The Note pad for match information will be released at the end of this week hopefully.

What i can do is make your match after December the 2 nd, but the tournament can begin next week (hopefully) So this gives you time to gather more people from GT + GT-b and to do you SAT (or something :P), I can tell you now Group E has the worst start, but others may take it as an advantage, all eras are used in this conquest, asault (not hero & villians), ctf 1 + 2, and hunt, Group E have 3 hunts in stage 1 but hten probably don't have another hunt again lol. Intending they get through stage 1. But you wont be that group, you will proabably fall in group G or H the last two groups.
swbf_lase
Major General
Major General

Post by swbf_lase »

Count me in :)

Ive been dying for a match ever since ER started to REALLY slow down :)

P.S. This is for someone like guru or qdin or whoever: Are we signed up on TWL?
yankeefan05
Sith
Sith

Post by yankeefan05 »

What is TWL? I dont think so. There is also GWL which several clans participate in.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Guys I'm afraid I have bad news again. I have to still work on the essay for the University of Southern California and turn in the first part of an important project called the "Senior Project". I can't make it to any clan tournaments at least until Dec 15. I want to make sure I get all my work complete before Winter Break.
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

fair enough.

Now get out of my sight, you useless scum....

lol - just make sure to get A+++++++ which is the highest danish grade converted to your scale :P
F4R7TZ

Post by F4R7TZ »

I appologize for the delay, there has been some confusion and delay with other clans, however your first match is saturday 9th 6pm Central Time
Map : Conquest Kamino Clone Wars.