Eddie's New Death Star

Post everything from general questions, to modding questions, to map WIPs to releases. (SWBF1 only)

Moderator: Moderators

Inv8r

Post by Inv8r »

I've just migrated over here (where it looks like the real action is happening in terms of modding this game) from SWBF.net. Looking forward to seeing the new DS map, but can't get the map to show up in the game menu. I've used the auto installer, the files extract, but nuthin'. Anyone have some more info on how to install?
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by eddie »

As you probably already know v.05 is available for download at:
http://www.gametoast.com/modules.php?op ... =0&thold=0

Enjoy
Last edited by eddie on Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Inv8r:: Where did you get self installer? This is the first time for 0.5 I am using version with self installer. OOo did you get that version of 0.4. It did not extract folder structure right (you can fix it by hand) but just use 0.5 and you should be OK.

What you guys think about this surface texture:

Or this one privided by Dorsai

eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

If you wish to try to make good surace texture yourself, here is jpg you can download. Just change it and post it somewhere so I can copy/download it. It can stay as jpg or bmp whatever, i will change everything else to dds:

Another AAT in upcoming version 0.6. On top of big tower/closer to action in the air:

Inv8r

Post by Inv8r »

Eddie, I think it must have been the older version, .5 wasn't out yet, got it a couple days ago. Can't wait to give this one a shot. By the way, I'm playing around with a new texture for you in Max :) I'll post if I come up with anything good, and if yer interested. I'm curious as to how big a player is compared to the 512x512 texture, or is it scalable in the game yet? I've come up with some cool DS looking stuff, but I'm afraid the detail is too small scale to look right.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Dont know about the player, but I am sure some other guys will tell you. Now remeber that the texture for DS is 128x128, I really dont know what they used such a small sample...Also, not sure if I could use 512x512 (like in other levels) but let us see. And yes, i am interested in what you can come up with.
nitro

Post by nitro »

about the textures , it is better to use a texture without any significant paterns in it because that makes it look weird and u can see the squares, a simple texture will do the best
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Agree nitro, just to find a right one.

Anhow, empire just got another AAT...

nitro

Post by nitro »

i got to say that you really surprise me eddie , i love what you are doing and i appreciate it , rock on man !!!
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Thank you man, here is one for you "Stairway to heaven"

Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

What about the reddish horizon?
Is this a colored fog or is this still a lowres mipmap bespin texture?
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

I can not find it. It is not in texture I check them all. DS map is based on Mod1. Mod1 is based on Geo map so there is a setting inside the code for this. Same goes for yellowish xwings and everything on the map. I do not know where to look. Tried sky_ chunk but that is just sky picture which is black with stars?!?

So if you have any ideas please....
Also I have problem finding setting for How strong is shield generator. I would like to lower it so xwings can destroy it. I could not do it myself (only with AATs). Maybe in muliplayer with a lot of "real" people in xwings.
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

While we all wait for tools you can kill some time trying out my last "hex made" version of New Death Star map (v0.6)

http://www.gametoast.com/modules.php?op ... =0&thold=0
BFG

Post by BFG »

Howdy,
Gotta say loved playing through your beta with a buddy of mine online. Very great start. :mrgreen:

couple things we noticed testing it out.
* the "shield generator" command post seems to be netural but can't be blown up or captured. I stood right on top of the CP next to it for several mins. and nothing. also tried shooting the shield generator with lasser turrents, rockets, missle launchers, tie fighters.. everything.. couldnt seem to damage it at all.
*The imps just keep standing around doing nothing. well.. a large majority of them do. I think it has to do with the netural CP because they just keep running toward it or grouping up. I should post a picture i took with like 20 storm troopers standing around the spawn point.
they keep trying to caputure it but it doesnt work.
*the rebs seem to need a few gun turrents or maybe a few more structures around there starting point. well .....maybe you didn't want them to because there supposed to attack the "death star"
I know there are at least 3 types of CP that can be destoryed.. shield generator on hoth.. the bunker on endor.. the 3 ships on genosis.
Again let me say I loved it anyway. just trying to help out. (i'm more of a beta tester then a builder unless its NWN mods hehe)
Visceral

Post by Visceral »

BFG wrote:Howdy,
Gotta say loved playing through your beta with a buddy of mine online. Very great start. :mrgreen:

couple things we noticed testing it out.
* the "shield generator" command post seems to be netural but can't be blown up or captured. I stood right on top of the CP next to it for several mins. and nothing. also tried shooting the shield generator with lasser turrents, rockets, missle launchers, tie fighters.. everything.. couldnt seem to damage it at all.
Oh you can. You just have to be extremely persistent. I used an X-Wing and basically ignored the enemy, just taking out anti-air when I had to and doing nothing but attack runs on the shield generator. When attrition from the fighting bots was approaching the very end, I finally blew the thing up and the game ended about 30 seconds later. It took a really long time. It might go faster doing bombing runs in a Y-Wing instead, I don't know. I don't really think it's worth trying; the thing needs its health lowered somehow, end of discussion. Still, I'm impressed as hell that eddie got it there in the first place. :)
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

If tools never came out, I would do more work and try to finish it, but now when tools come out I will probablly start making this map from scretch. Anyhow, I am glad you people like it....
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

Doing some work on my Battle for Naboo map. It is basiclly nab1 map with some twists, such as expended, more vehicles, flyers....

hooteni

Post by hooteni »

i just downloaded level, how do i play it, it doesnt show up in level select in single player swbattlefront , or anything. i did the thing with the shortcut on desktop, and nothing, how do i play it?
eddie
Gametoast Supporter
Gametoast Supporter

Post by eddie »

hooteni,

Did you download the level (eddie_deathstar_v06.exe, or _v05.exe whichever), then run it for your computer, during install it tells you that the level will be installed in .....\AddOn (is you game installed in default folder - c:\program files\lucasarts... - if not you have to nivigate to your AddOn folder). Once installed you can check if you have Eddie_NewDeatStar folder under your AddOn folder. If all of this is ok, run the game (if you are in it, exit so the game recognizes new addon), single, instant action, scroll down it should be just above jabba.

And did you apply latest 1.1 patch from LA.

hooteni

Post by hooteni »

i downloaded the 1.11 patch from LA, and i downloaded 06.exe, did the install with the desktop icon, made it F program files,, then after that finish, i started bf, and its not there.