Discuss and catch up on anything related to the SWBF1 Conversion Pack

Moderator: Moderators

Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Epena »

Now you will have the time to help me with all my stuff!!

Haha.
Luke_Skywalker

Post by Luke_Skywalker »

Teancun, if it only were the BF1 maps it would still be the best mappack.

Amazing work and thanks :)
[RDH]Zerted
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars

Re: Important announcement

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Teancum wrote:Due to the sheer number of bugs and the fact that I've simply lost interest in working on the pack...

..Sorry to disappoint, but it's time for me to move on.
I know the feeling...

I don't think anyone can say they are very disappointed with the pack. Nice work to all who worked on it.

A lesser announcement: As far as the 'freecam' development goes, there will be at least one more small release. I am not going to finish the major, full ingame, real-time modding release. If only a SWBF3 was coming...
CamandoMichael

RE: Re: Important announcement

Post by CamandoMichael »

My only complaints are that there won't be any new heroes for Classic Conquest and no Yuzzon Vong battles. I guess Kotor fights would've been interesting. Oh well, if Battlefront 3 would ever come out, I'll still play Battlefront 2 just for this map pack. Excellent job, all those people who worked on this!! PS, is it possible to let other people carry on some of the work you planned to do, like the ones above? I'm just asking.
darthgunray
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by darthgunray »

I think you should let somebody else continue the work if you want to teancum. Some really good modders would make amazing stuff. Rends, Penguin, Mini, etc.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

To make the pack run better in the future, the following are getting cut. (And my mind won't change on this)

*Geonosis Arena (If you want it you'll need to download Schizo's version from the SWBF2 Releases forum. It is virtually bug-free)
*The 327th, 146th and 41st clone legions for sure. Probably the 212th as well. Moving from map to map with different clone legions each time maxes out memory. The maps played fine before without them.
*Any mode on a map that causes crashes. It's better to not have them then to get flooded with PMs about crashes imo.
CamandoMichael

Post by CamandoMichael »

Geonosis:I'm really bummed out by this, but at least it could be replaced by a different modder.
The legions:good, I really hate them and how much they hog memory.
Modes:it depends on the mode.

What about Darthgunray's suggestion?
Schizo

Re: RE: Re: Important announcement

Post by Schizo »

CamandoMichael wrote:Geonosis:I'm really bummed out by this, but at least it could be replaced by a different modder.
You realize that my version was the one that was going to be included in the pack in the first place, right? For some reason the one in the pack ended up screwed up when Tean tried to get it in. But the original release in the BFII release forum is still bug-free and runs fine. So basically there's nothing to be bummed about, since you're going to be getting the exact same map, except with almost no bugs or crashes.
CamandoMichael

RE: Re: RE: Re: Important announcement

Post by CamandoMichael »

Sweet.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: RE: Re: Important announcement

Post by Teancum »

CamandoMichael wrote:. . .
What about Darthgunray's suggestion?
Rends doesn't mod anymore really. Mini only does models. Penguin and Schizo both have their own projects.

There's not really anyone I'd trust 'my baby' to anyways.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

Teancum out of curiousity you could remove a few maps mainly because of the severe limit of the addon folder only accepting around 50-56 maps. I'll ask you some constructive questions.

Do all your space maps have new features?
Why did you add a 501st trooper using the Imperial Scout Trooper model? I'm confused....
Which maps you feel you have played the least? I mean absolutely no offense to the author of this map but is Murky and Methlyn map really necessary? I don't wish to cause trouble but the one thing we have to make sure is how often will everybody play certains maps? We've got to predict these results I think.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

If I pulled more maps I'd probably pull Raxus (because it's so big) and then maybe Manaan (since it's exactly the same as Astute's solo release).

I got the idea to use the scout trooper model as the 501st's recon from the 41st's "scout troopers" in Revenge of the Sith. I figured since the armor was out in the movie I'd use it for the 501st recon.

All space maps have Assault, 1-Flag CTF and Team Dogfight. This will include Space Coruscant and Space Mustafar in the final release (I already have Assault working on Coruscant -- interiors and all). No 2-flag CTF sadly.
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar

Post by Caleb1117 »

I kinda hate to say this but... Why add new gamemodes to existing maps? The +123 mod has already done so. The point of this mod has always been to get the original BFI maps working in BFII, and perhaps add some awsome space maps too. ;) But I think it would be better to just make the pack BFI maps, some other and hard to find maps, and some cool gamemodes to go with it. Now its onething if you want to add team DM to shipped maps or maybe classic conquest, but I think that instead of incorporateing some of the +123 mod's aspects into this mod, make it like these mods where "Made" to be together

The greatest mods in existance are the +123 and when complete,
The SWBFII Conversion Pack.
So for anyone to lazy to read all that... :p

I say Don't add features that +123 allready has, and when SWBFII conversion pack is done advertise not only it to the online community but +123 also. As no matter what these will be the two best mods that have ever existed.

disclaimer* No offence to other people's mods.
Droideka88

Post by Droideka88 »

I got the idea to use the scout trooper model as the 501st's recon from the 41st's "scout troopers" in Revenge of the Sith. I figured since the armor was out in the movie I'd use it for the 501st recon.
For the two maps you mentioned, I don't really have a problem with those as long the author has links for people who really like them. Hold so are you saying in ROTS there were white Scout Clone troopers?

Because before, I thought you used more than one Recon Trooper. I need to download the pack now, :P

One more thing. Are the Campaign modes staying in the Pack pratically nothing changed (unless you hex edit) and I don't remember if more than one player can play with you online in campaign.
Thunderforge
Private

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Important announcement

Post by Thunderforge »

Caleb1117 wrote:I say Don't add features that +123 allready has
First off, I don't think that these two mods are compatible. I haven't tried though, but I could be wrong.

Second, there are a lot of things that are better in the conversion pack than in +123. Have you ever tried "Hero Assault" on the maps? GCW uses all the standard heroes and CW is essentially Order 66, but it plays like an assault instead of a hunt map. Personally, I like it in the Conversion Pack better. GCW has new heroes for many of the maps, CW is set in the KOTOR era, and Order 66 has a timer and is a hunt mode, which is what Order 66 pretty much was anyways (a hunt for the Jedi).

The Conversion Pack also adds new maps, unique modes for existing maps (e.g. Order 66, Classic Conquest, King of the Hill, Holocron, Uber), and new heroes. Moreover, Hero Assault is one example of how the features that the Conversion Pack adds, while similar to what +123 adds, are far superior and should be in there.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Important announcement

Post by Teancum »

Well said Thunderforge :P
{WRL}Bly

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Important announcement

Post by {WRL}Bly »

I've tryed both. It doesn't work, Because on Mos Eisley when you load up the game it crashes because there two mods and the game probally doesnt know to do Kotor assualt or the...weird 123 Assualt...Some of them work together but it doesn't really work perfectly...
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar

Post by Caleb1117 »

You make a good point... (still likes +123 more than a computer likes cold)
Oh well I guess I'm content to have 2 SWBFII's on my Comp. :lol:
Knightcrawler

Post by Knightcrawler »

You've got a good project here, but all good things do come to an end. ... But I might get back to modding. If I do, I'll have some interesting content you might want to make an exception for.
Thunderforge
Private

Post by Thunderforge »

Knightcrawler wrote:You've got a good project here, but all good things do come to an end. ... But I might get back to modding. If I do, I'll have some interesting content you might want to make an exception for.
Or you could always make your own mods and give Teancum a break :-)