GT Mappack 4 Competition

This forum is used for voting in various GT sponsored competitions or announcing upcoming events. Now open to the public. Before you ask, only Mods can create polls, but all members can vote in them.

Moderator: Moderators

CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Caleb1117 wrote: Ok question; Who are the judges?
CarbineImpulse wrote:Gametoast members will then get a couple of weeks to play and vote for the best. This way we can choose the ones to be included in the pack.
:wink:
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Carbine, I need to take my map out of the competition. I have to modify sides too heavily to meet the 128 MB and the mass of objects...lots of stuff prevents that. Good luck to everyone else!
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Removed, PM me if you want back in.
MasterYoda91

Post by MasterYoda91 »

On first post you have probided links to Modtools, Getting Started tread and the XSI Modtools. Does this mean there is now an exporter for XSI Modtools?? :?:
Can I say a map I MIGHT do? I dont get much time on PC, only have internet access a couple of times a week(not on my PC) and patches for Killzone Liberation r out soon. So i may not get the map done.

If so:
Map Name - Tunabi: Desert (random place i invented)
Planet: Tunabi
Description: Nighttime desert, Mos Eisley sort of town at one end, Dunes at the other(and a cliff) ATATs, ATTE's, Ywings, (if I can export)an Armoured speeder bike thing ands probably more, not decided on heroes yet. Uber size teams (180 each currently)

Unsure on Progress
SBF_Dann_Boeing
Groove Walrus
Groove Walrus
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by SBF_Dann_Boeing »

SBF_Dann_Boeing wrote: Note: I am cancelling this submittion to the pack realizing that its going to be near impossible to get it under the addon file size limit, so i will work on and release this map separately.

However, I will be making another submittion in its place. There's no title for the new submittion yet but you can call it "Untitled Dann Boeing Project" if you want to list it.
Update:
Title: The Cage Match
Planet: Realm of Chaos
Description: A small caged in arena with massive units and massive battle.
Progress: 60% Completed
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Updated for you Dann,

MasterYoda91 if you feel that you're able to complete by May 4th then certainly enter. As for the exporter, the staus of that and XSI mod tools has not changed.
Elmo
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Elmo »

*sigh* I'm gonna pull Mygeeto as well. I don't think I'll make the deadline, and I want to be able to release a beta and finals after May 4th. lol
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

And like that... its gone.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Map name changed to Utapau: Descent.
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

Hey all,

Is a Zelda map ok, or is it strickly Star Wars. I do have a Star Wars map idea, either way I'm good. ;)
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler

Post by The_Emperor »

:D If I'd have anything to say about it, a Zelda map would be better :D
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

EGG_GUTS is making GT World Takeover so I'd guess you can do Zelda Vyse.
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

Any map you want to make is ok, as long as it fits within the competition rules.
MasterYoda91

Post by MasterYoda91 »

Whens the latest i can pull out, i have a lot of free time on the computer next week so i could get most of the map done. IF i can pull out any time before 4th put my name down.
Also is there anyone with a full version of XSI you would reccomend to exprt my models to SWBF2?

PS He, i used that May the 4th be with you joke on the release date of my map last year.
XxDepredationxX
High General
High General

Post by XxDepredationxX »

Just a little question, testing on those maps is like downloading a mod map and play it and vote. And after voting the best ones will be included in this mappack in one addon folder called GT4?
CarbineImpulse

Post by CarbineImpulse »

MasterYoda91 wrote: PS He, i used that May the 4th be with you joke on the release date of my map last year.
Probably first used May 4th 1978 :wink:

As for dropping out etc... well what will happen is this:

At some point prior to the deadline entrants will need to PM me with the link to where their map can be downloaded. The reason for this need to PM is so that all maps and links can be made available at the same time. This will help to eliminate any possible chances of last minute plagiarism.

On (or just after) May 4th I'll make a post with all the maps and download links (as well as the poll to vote for the best). If you've not PM'ed me with the link to your map then it won't get entered, simple as that. Don't worry, there'll be numerous reminders nearer the time. So basically to answer your question you can drop out right at the last minute.
XxDepredationxX wrote: Just a little question, testing on those maps is like downloading a mod map and play it and vote. And after voting the best ones will be included in this mappack in one addon folder called GT4?
Ultimately yep, the winners will all be bundled in 1 pack & folder. You guys however will probably have them all downloaded anyway. You will obviously need to in order to vote for the best.

Good luck guys, you've got about 25 days build time left!
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Name: Sailbarge Assulat
Planet: Tatooniee
Percent Complete: 45%
EGG_GUTS
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by EGG_GUTS »

You stole my Idea for a future map :P
Linus

Post by Linus »

CarbineImpulse, sorry to say this, but I cannot be a part of the contest.
Please remove me from the list.

Many thanks!

- Linus
phazon_elite
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Location: I'm sorry Link, I can't give the location. Come back when you're a little...mmmh...RICHER!

Post by phazon_elite »

Ok, since I was working on some sound regions in BF1's ZE (for a sound.lvl, I was following Vyse's tut), and I accidentally saved over my BF2 project, I lost my map!

I'm redoing it (conquest is done at least...), so I'm still in the contest, baby!

- EP-000782