(2)Sullust: 607th Strike

The series of maps created by Xavious that follow the story of the 607th legion.

Moderator: Moderators

Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

(2)Sullust: 607th Strike

Post by Xavious »

After the 607th's victory over the Seperatists on Rhen Var, the Jedi Council realizes that their initial concerns about the 607th were incorrect.

Republic Intelligence has located a CIS communications center on Sullust, from which the Seperatists have been able to predict Republic attacks by monitoring their fleet movements.

It is vital that this comms center is captured. The Jedi Council has chosen to send Zhaus and the 607th to Sullust to end the newest Seperatist threat...

Last edited by Xavious on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
DS_jawathehutt
Private Second Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Sullust: 607th Strike *Five Beta Testers Needed*

Post by DS_jawathehutt »

Ill sign up.
Rekubot
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Shadow Complex
xbox live or psn: Rekubot

Post by Rekubot »

I won't sign up, but the map looks pretty nice. Is it just mostly Mustafar objects put together or are there outdoor areas as well? Are there any new side changes compared to the last map?
wierd165

Post by wierd165 »

i'll sign up!
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Re: RE: Sullust: 607th Strike *Five Beta Testers Needed*

Post by Xavious »

Rekubot wrote:I won't sign up, but the map looks pretty nice. Is it just mostly Mustafar objects put together or are there outdoor areas as well?
There's a minor outdoor area where the Republic starts. The bulk of the hallways are Hoth tunnels.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

If you want me let me know.I have a a Week Holiday so I have free Time.

I sign up,too !!! :P
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

All right here's my report;

-That metal doesn't fit with the map. I suggest you darken it.

-These two crates disappear if you look at them a certain way, and then reappear if you look at them another way.

-You're missing the texture for a little piece on the console (its hard to see).

-As you can see, you can walk through the doorway thingy shown.

-Grievous still does his frozen dead thing.

It was really cool and the outside where the Republic starts looks amazing but... there's no battle going on there. I think there should be a CIS spawn in the area.

The one thing that bugged me was that it was too dark. I got lost sometimes and couldn't see where I was going.

Zhaus was totally awesome! :D
authraw
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by authraw »

Oh, man, this map looks really good. I can't wait to see how it progresses! Great idea.

Any chance that we'll be seeing some sullustans?
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

Here`s my little review:

-I only played in CW Clones and i can say this Map is very nice and Commander Vaks is absolute great with his powerful Weapon.
-I found Glitches and Bugs in the Room in which CP5 is located.
-The SBD doesn`t have a Secondary Weapon,so they don`t fires Rockets but its so or so hard enough to fight your Way forward through the Tunnel Labyrinth.
-like Darth_Z13 said its very dark and the Starting Area is total amazing,where you should add another CP.
-I must admit I have also often got lost, you should add more from these Lights.
-sometimes the Tunnels get darker and than brightly (nearly the same Thing i have had at the Jaal Kaan Beta but not so intensive).
-and One Tunnel is a One Way Tunnel.
-Add Commander Vaks to Rhen Var with correct Locals( in the Moment Clone Pilot)

Heres a short Clip for the Tunnel Lights,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_3SqkHPFM0
authraw wrote: Any chance that we'll be seeing some sullustans?
That would be so cool,to see some Sullustans like Millenium Falcon Co-Pilot Nien Nunb ingame as Hero.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nien_Nunb
Last edited by AlexSecura on Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DS_jawathehutt
Private Second Class

Post by DS_jawathehutt »

The only bug that hasnt been listed so far that I have found is that the guy with the chain gun has a really screwed up first person view, theres like a see through box where the trigger and above area should be. Also, I agree with everyone else, the chaingun is waayy to powerful.
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

@jawa, he can't fix that. It's an unavoidable side effect of having the chaingun use a rifle animation.
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: (2)Sullust: 607th Strike

Post by fai222 »

Ok, it is here im supposed to post things about the new one right? Anyway, I havent played the new version too much but I have already noticed that the CIS win very easy. You should lower the CIS reinforcements or raise the REP reinforcements (not to much, maybe 10 or 20). Also a very big problem is that when I come a little close to the lava i just die. I think you should die when you get in the lava, not a meter away from it.

The Toxic droid is a good idea. It was about time the CIS got some more units.
Ill post more things later when I have played the map more.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

I don't have a lot of free time today, so I just played through each side once or twice. When playing as the CIS, the sides seemed pretty well-balanced, but like fai222 said, when playing as the Republic the battle is heavily weighted on the CIS side. That could just be player-error, since I was mostly focusing on just testing out each unit rather than winning, but it's worth taking a look at.

I like the setup of both sides, and the new weapon models for the Republic are nice. As far as I could tell, they were both bug-free.

Atmosphere and map layout were both good. The tunnel layout was complex enough to offer some surprises here and there, but not so complex that the player becomes lost. Some nice touches were the path that leads down into the lava pit/eruption and the cp with the small lava pit behind it. The only negative thing that stuck out to me was that a few of the buildings and props look a little too red.

Screens (I'll post a few more when I have more time):
Hidden/Spoiler:

H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

I only played through a couple times. I agree that more lights could be added. And i think Vau being overpowered isn't that bad. Since the CIS win so easily the Rep need a fighting chance and the crazy chaingun helps a lot. I didn't notice many bugs, but I think some of those rooms with CPs could have a little more added to them. Perhaps some lights or walls. Th buildings you see above the tunnels on the outside look kinda foggy. Otherwise it was fun, and I like that tunnel that opens up into the lava.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

This Sullust Map is much better than the old one.I liked it much but due to the fact,that i only play as Clones i ever died.At the end i tryed to keep the cp with the table but at least i got overrun by many droids leaded by that Toxic Droid and Grievous.Think you work on this.
Also i like that you added some new sounds and sfx to your new versions.

Fai22 and Eggman told the most things but besides of the buildings,the Tunnels are also way too redish.(Lighting) If you want to simulate by lava releated smog,inside of the tunnels,you could add here and there some red smoke that leaks out of the walls.
You also could add Nien Nunb if you get it from Maveritchell.
Well done map so far.cant wait for beta 2.