Gungan City map

Posts relating to [GT] Clan in SWBF1 go here. Ranks, Members, benefits of joining our fun mod clan are all here.

Moderator: Moderators

SteveK14
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Gungan City map

Post by SteveK14 »

I have made the final changes and fixes to the previous Battleweek Mod Map. I am offering it to the clan first for our enjoyment before the general public.

ENJOY!!!!

Steve
Last edited by SteveK14 on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

RE: Gungan City map

Post by guru »

very nice job man! [GT] all the way!!!
Precise_Moon
Space Ranger
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3

Post by Precise_Moon »

I really enjoy this map it is a HOOOOOOOT,well done SteveK
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

it seems to me like you never really updated it from last time.

I see the same problems as the other times, and I'll give you further feedback:

The 'good' team has some allied, the gungans, and they only attack the 'evil' team. which causes an unfair match like 20 vs 30 or whatever the number is. I told you you should make it fair, but you STILL have the Reinforcements Count on 200 for each team.

if you're on the 'evil' team, you COULD sit back and snipe ALL the gungans since they dies after one shot - and you got LOTS of kills, without it affected the tickets - but you got LOTS of kills
it seems that the ONLY way you coukd 'fix' that kill-score problem is by giving the gungans MORE health - which makes it even MORE unfair.

and the CP in the middle is good, but there is one of the WORST problems:
the collision mesh is scaled 1,5 or something, because I can shoot two 'meter' (according to the game) next to the 'tower'/whatever-it-is and I SHOULD miss, but I DONT - which makes it even harder to throw grenades

and one of the LARGEST problems I have with this map, is that I CANT spawn at the Center CP, but the Ai DOES :cry: so I never really can be in the big fight, and I can't defend the Center CP

if you can make me spawn at the Center CP and give the evil guys more Tickets (isnt that more realistic according to the size of their army?) and maybe re-make the CP in the middle (you don't have to change anything except for the .msh file under the collision mesh simply scale it more down on the Z and X axis in Bconstructor) and that's all the problems I have with this one :P

I hope you'll change it so I can play some fair matches (and win) in the following BW :P

C ya
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Re: RE: Gungan City map

Post by SteveK14 »

Qdin wrote:it seems to me like you never really updated it from last time.
It is vastly different from the original BW version.
I see the same problems as the other times, and I'll give you further feedback:

The 'good' team has some allied, the gungans, and they only attack the 'evil' team. which causes an unfair match like 20 vs 30 or whatever the number is. I told you you should make it fair, but you STILL have the Reinforcements Count on 200 for each team.
Only three gungans at a time. Much like the gamorreans in Jabbas Palace.
if you're on the 'evil' team, you COULD sit back and snipe ALL the gungans since they dies after one shot - and you got LOTS of kills, without it affected the tickets - but you got LOTS of kills
it seems that the ONLY way you coukd 'fix' that kill-score problem is by giving the gungans MORE health - which makes it even MORE unfair.

Not lots of kills. They spawn only 3 at a time and from many different locations. Impossible to cover all the spawn points from a central location.
and the CP in the middle is good, but there is one of the WORST problems:
the collision mesh is scaled 1,5 or something, because I can shoot two 'meter' (according to the game) next to the 'tower'/whatever-it-is and I SHOULD miss, but I DONT - which makes it even harder to throw grenades
I do not have the resources to edit msh files. I can only use what the great tools gods have given us. Besides, the "force field" is a residual effect from the field projecters and the tower holding back the water.

:lol: :wink: :o
and one of the LARGEST problems I have with this map, is that I CANT spawn at the Center CP, but the Ai DOES :cry: so I never really can be in the big fight, and I can't defend the Center CP
There are NO spawn points anywhere around the Center CP. Even the gungans spawn back at the perimeter of the city.
if you can make me spawn at the Center CP and give the evil guys more Tickets (isnt that more realistic according to the size of their army?) and maybe re-make the CP in the middle (you don't have to change anything except for the .msh file under the collision mesh simply scale it more down on the Z and X axis in Bconstructor) and that's all the problems I have with this one :P
I will try to change the collision mesh in Bconstructor, or if you know how, change it for me and send me the file please.
I hope you'll change it so I can play some fair matches (and win) in the following BW :P

I can only say that you must be using the old version of the map. Rebelscum and I played it extensively with BW parameters and won in all four factions, some games handily and some very close. I also have lost in all four factions, tight and wide margins. It depends on the tactics you use in your game. Thanks for the input!

Steve
[/quote]
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Re: Gungan City map

Post by SteveK14 »

I had to fix a couple of cosmetic things so there is a new file.

Steve
Last edited by SteveK14 on Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Post by SteveK14 »

I have made changes and fixes to the previous Battleweek Mod Map. I am offering it to the clan first for our enjoyment before the general public. Notice the zip file is now named GCBW9 instead of GCBW7. The map data name is still GCBW7.

Steve

http://users.adelphia.net/~skayda/GCBW9.zip
Qdin
Old School Staff

Post by Qdin »

so :o

you gave us a link, and I see you made ANOTHER link in your signature - whicjh one are we gonan download???

http://users.adelphia.net/~skayda/GCBW7.zip or http://users.adelphia.net/~skayda/GCBW9.zip ???
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Why not just call it GCBW.(later)
Last edited by Ace_Azzameen_5 on Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Post by SteveK14 »

http://users.adelphia.net/~skayda/GCBW9.zip

And Qdin, I fixed the tower collision problem just for you..... LOL.

Steve
SteveK14
Old School Staff

Post by SteveK14 »

Ace_Azzameen_5 wrote:Why not just call it GCBW.(later)

It has to do with my filing system.

Steve
Precise_Moon
Space Ranger
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3

Post by Precise_Moon »

Steve were is the link to GUNGAN CITY 2 plz.....thx
SteveK14
Old School Staff