Destiny of the Galaxy Mod

This forum is for discussion of the Destiny of the Galaxy Mod by commander_fusion and team.

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Destiny of the Galaxy Mod

Post by Fusion »

Welcome to the Destiny of the Galaxy Mod Forum.

I am the Team Leader, Head Writer, and General Organizer [GT]Cmdr_Fusion. If you have no idea who I am I suggest you move out from that rock you're currently residing under :roll:

This mod will follow a series of events that occured in the EU/Fan-Fiction book I wrote a year or two ago, Destiny of the Galaxy. Although the story itself followed the Jedi more than it did the Clones and Droids, there is no possible way anyone can possibly remake the duels that took place during it with the Battlefront II engine. Instead, this mod will follow the main Clone Legion, the 404th Recon Troops, and their absolute enemies, the CN-92 Nemesis Droids. These maps were also developed as what I saw as "The Next Battlefront," reminding people that Battlefront II was not out yet during initial planning. The formations of the maps seem like they were designed for balance. Symmetrical locations are often common, I always saw this as a strong point in Multiplayer matches. The series will run for 13 maps, even including a Phase 1.5 section (yay canon goes boom! [Ooh double meaning!])

The story shall start with the Phase 1 404th troopers, in their first ever battle on their home planet of...

Kamino

Kamino- Clone Command
- The aquatic world of the Clones and Kaminoans is now under attack by a group of CIS droids. The 404th's first mission is to protect their home base and take out the droids before too much harm is done.

Current Progress- Started
Map Maker- Darth_Z13
Screenshots- None yet, but keep checking for more details ;)

Thoughts? Speculations? People wanting to apologize for saying I haven't contributed anything to the Community (:P)?
Thire
Major
Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Thire »

Hey! You actually got the admins to let you have this forum! Looking forward to the first download!
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

If you need any odf editting I'll help out.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Might as well post the people that are helping/recruiting thread now :roll:
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

Any chance i could help out? I've got a long summer holiday with which to get to know lua coding ready for Crysis modding. I may have to relearn a few things but i think most of my experience is knocking around in this old can somewhere. Would also be nice to work with someone who is a staff member also!
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

Excellent, I'm glad you got the forum! :D

Astute has given me some suggestions to fix the crashing, until then, do you want to show them Phase 2 clones or keep it until later. ;)
MasterSaitek009
Black Sun Slicer

Post by MasterSaitek009 »

I can map, side and skin. Just let me know what I'm supposed to work on.
I do have limitations for the size of file I can upload and download(dial-up), though.
Ateas

Post by Ateas »

Yay, a new GT hosted mod! I'm glad they scooped out the corpse of the old mandalorian topic, lol. :lol:

Too bad I cant mod (yet) :wink: I'd love to help out. I could "brainstorm" ideas for features (weapons/characters/planets/maps/vehicles), but it looks like you already have all your ideas. :(
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

Darth_Z13 wrote:Excellent, I'm glad you got the forum! :D

Astute has given me some suggestions to fix the crashing, until then, do you want to show them Phase 2 clones or keep it until later. ;)
Show us now! lol
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

You can see them if you want, OGEB, they're in the staff forum (page 62), but all the public shall see for now is the 404th Battle Trooper, in my avatar.
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

We only have 1 page of topics in staff...lol
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

You know which topic I meant, I just didn't want to give out any more info on the staff forum :P
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

Ah yeah i get ya, you could have just said its in the topic with 62 pages. lol anyway i see them they look pretty cool. Thats all you are going to get from me folks!
Darth_Z13
Jedi High Council
Jedi High Council
xbox live or psn: Xanthius Wylon

Post by Darth_Z13 »

By-the-way, anyone who sees the Phase 2 skins should know that that screenshot is out of date and those skins aren't the final. ;)

And I fixed the crashing. :D
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yay! Stuff isn't following the usual path it does for me! :P
Snork
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Minecraft

Post by Snork »

I can skin stuff pretty decently, and ODfing is as easy as breathing to me, Incase you still need more help
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I think I'm good for now, actually.
Snork
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Minecraft

Post by Snork »

Okay.
Zaniac
Private First Class

Post by Zaniac »

Wow this is pretty cool idea Fusion. While I'm still real inexperienced modder and can't help I'll still support and eagerly watch to see how this grows. :D Also just out of curiousity how long was the book you wrote?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'd say...at least 23 fair-sized chapters. I'm really going to have to go in and improve my language though, I was only 12 at the time, which may be seen as an insult to most people here, but after English I in High School...heh.