Star Wars: "A Day in a Life" - (updated 20/03/08 - 10th pic)

Discuss all things Crysis, including the new "Day In The Life" Star Wars mod

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

Re: Star Wars: "A Day in a Life" - Crysis mod

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Maveritchell wrote:I know it's trivial stuff, but I'd love to work with you on the dialogue creation. I had wanted to get into modding Crysis, but I don't have the time to fully devote myself to a new game, nor was I entirely sure how well I could run it. (I'm assuming here that this particular aspect won't require owning the game, but if it does, no hard feelings.)

If you're interested in some of my past work, I have made a full RPG for Battlefront (Spira: Besaid), although I was limited lengthwise for the dialogue in that by localization string limitations. All things considered, I thought my dialogue was decent, though.
Sounds good man. I havent got SWBF installed anymore , so havent got access to Spira: Besaid. Is there a video or a script for it anywhere?

Saying that tho, im sure its decent and Star Warsy.

Add me to MSN messenger and we'll have a chat. (I'll PM you my addy)

I've just recruited the Website designer guy. His name is Carminowe
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

AceMastermind wrote:Sounds cool, when I get my gaming PC i'll be able to run Crysis like it was intended and be able to help you out in some areas.
Ok mate. Give me a shout when you do and we'll have a chat.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I would love to do dialogue and art! This is a great idea, and although I dont have the game, I would love to help with this mod. I can make the banners by ahnd, normal drawing, or I can try to make it on the computer, or both. And dialogue would just be a fun thing to work on.

Xfire: empgrev
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Grev wrote:I would love to do dialogue and art! This is a great idea, and although I dont have the game, I would love to help with this mod. I can make the banners by ahnd, normal drawing, or I can try to make it on the computer, or both. And dialogue would just be a fun thing to work on.

Xfire: empgrev

If you have any examples of any dialogue /story telling or art , please feel free to post them here , or in a PM.

thanks
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

I'll help with 2-D art.

XFire - silverdalek
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Well, this is my REALLY old stuff, just look at the dates, but heres just a quick look, and I can put up some pics of my paintings and recent drawings later.

http://www.mindbender2810.deviantart.com
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Grev wrote:Well, this is my REALLY old stuff, just look at the dates, but heres just a quick look, and I can put up some pics of my paintings and recent drawings later.

http://www.mindbender2810.deviantart.com

I don't actually have any need for for sketches, tbh. Not at the moment anyway. If you know how to make decent , accurate rotoscopes from normal references then that might help.

For example , our modellers are gonna need Rotoscopes for things like a Krayt Dragon, Banthas and Dewbacks.

For other people registering their interest... I dont mean to sound obnoxious or anything, but I can't really chase down people for examples of their work. It'd really help me out if you can either post them here, PM me or add me to MSN (mvw1998@hotmailcom - please, no time wasters tho ... I just started a new job and my spare time is quite precious to me now ;) - more hours at work :( )
Bac-Talan
Captain
Captain

Post by Bac-Talan »

Euuy... I don't really have much super-current work that I've done, mostly because I'm having technical problems, but here's some past stuff that I've had on my photobucket:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Couple months ago desktop, all scratch (minus equations, those aren't mine :P)

Same as last one, but with a few stamp effects that aren't mine

Really just a test of a blood effect, but all original except for the knife (which still is highly stylized by me)

Actually a rather old one, but just to show that I do know my way around image manipulation

Avatar I used for Christmas. Source= one picture of a turtle ornament on our tree.

'Skinage' (note: quite old, I'm much improved. But the helmet is what I like)

Exactly the same description as the last.

More skinage, this one more recent:

A different style than the others:

Old but still neat
Right, so I could go on for a while, but I won't. If you want, I could try to whip up a piece over the weekend for you to see where I'm at now. Just tell me what.

Writing wise, well, most of my writing has been for school, the following though is an excerpt from Banquo's diary (Banquo from Shakespeare's Macbeth) that I wrote last night, quite late actually.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Day 1:
Such sweet a taste does victory leave in my mouth. Over hill and glen can King Duncan's banner once again fly in safety. Our troops can again laugh. They joke, play cards, most have had wee drink or two from the scotch. The traitor's army is routed, many thanks we send to our good lord in heaven. It is good to see that He would not let a rightful king be unseated by an dastardly usurper. There is time now to relax, time to be merry. I am on my way to Macbeth's residence, there for the king to join us. We are planning for a most magnificent banquet, food and drink will flow free as a river. Perhaps I should here end this writing, Macbeth calls.
-Banquo
What a most weird and strange occurrence has just happened. As Macbeth and I were traveling, three witches accosted us. The most unnatural predictions did they speak, they say Macbeth is to be Thane of Cawdor, and even King of Scotland. I thought all the little of it, why should I do otherwise? There is no shortage of lunatics in Scotland, bah, I do think poor Macbeth married one. No, I made light of it to Macbeth, but he did not find my humor to be in a light spirit. He was shaken too much by these prophecies.
But then, the most unnerving events took place. When our good king Duncan spoke to us, congratulating us on our glorious victory and brining news, he spoke the most dreadful words. Our king, God bless him, scared me more in his making of Macbeth the Thane of Cawdor than any devil or demon lurking in the black depths of a vile hell ever could. The witches prophecy seems to be coming true, but I fear for Macbeth, and King Duncan. I am worried that Macbeth might do something rash, something out of his place.
If you do not believe me, that can be easily forgiven, but you do not know Macbeth like I do. He is eloquent, fine, mannered, and noble. He is a gentleman of the highest honor, and that is why I fear. You see, Macbeth is never content. He is always striving to be more than he is, to be better, stronger, bolder, smarter. I fear that this side of him, this arrogant, prideful side will be urged on all too much by this revelation. You did not see the look in his eyes when the King spoke those devilish words to him. If Macbeth sets his mind to the kingship, there will be no stopping him.
I will keep his confidence, for as much as he is ambitious, Macbeth is a solid man, and from his words I can tell he doubts the intentions of the witches as well. He will prove himself stronger than the devil that presents itself here.
Yet, I do wonder for myself too. With Macbeth's prophecy unfolding for him, what will become of the witch's words to me? That I would never be king, but my children would be? This makes no sense, none of it does. I hope not for change, may King Duncan live long. As I snuff out this dying candle by which I scribe my tale, I can not begin to dream what tomorrow shall bring.
Well... Yep, if you need anything else...
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars: "A Day in a Life" - (updated 06/03/08 - 1 pic)

Post by Chris165 »

Interesting. I'm gonna try to get Vista and Crysis to work, after I put in some more RAM memory.

I'd like to help with banners etc. I did some banner stuff around here by copy, paste and editing.
All time favorite of mine :D :

And on the moment I got plenty of time.

Also, if you need in-game references of the Krayt Dragon from different angles, I have downloaded a mod (which I still need to test) for KotOR:TSL. With this mod you can spawn yourself into a Krayt Dragon. I can take some shots for ya if it works.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

It's good to see you around, Bandu. You don't by chance still have the files for Rattattak somewhere, do you?
Bac-Talan
Captain
Captain

Post by Bac-Talan »

Lord_Bandu wrote: I can't view your images , at the moment (at work) but I really like your dialogue you have there.
Is the problem on my side or yours? Because if it's on mine I swear I'll go kill photobucket...
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Bac-Talan wrote:
Lord_Bandu wrote: I can't view your images , at the moment (at work) but I really like your dialogue you have there.
Is the problem on my side or yours? Because if it's on mine I swear I'll go kill photobucket...

Oh, it was 'cos I was at work. They block some sites.

You said you'd come up with somethin if I asked you... could you have a go at making a piece where you are kind of looking out thro a stormtrooper helmet , and see the planet tatooine in the horizon. Somthin like that anyway.

bit like this...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g145/ ... 1204851015

If you cant its ok, just come up with something that would suit the mod , whether it be banners, avatars or whatever.
Bac-Talan
Captain
Captain

Post by Bac-Talan »

I'll try over the weekend. Can't promise anything, but I'll try.
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Chris165 »

Allright, I tried the mod and it works. It's a bit difficult to get the screen shots the same size but i'll try, got a program to shoot and save screen shots really fast, so I'll think it'll work. Example:

Also, I can still change to some better settings and I can remove the grass to get the feet.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Thanks Chris. I got your PM too.

I've updated the 1st post with another Stormtrooper pic.

Bac-Talan
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Wars: "A Day in a Life" - (updated 08/03/08 - 2nd pic)

Post by Bac-Talan »

Progress check:
I know he needs legs...
Still pretty rough, but working on it. It's all from scratch too.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Chris165
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Chris165 »

Lord-Bandu wrote:Thanks Chris. I got your PM too.

Yeah I noticed, the picture in the PM is with the highest settings. You should also add me on MSN so I can transfer all the pictures really fast.

Should I do this also with other beasts like the Dewback?

Also, this is for Single Player, you going to use recorded voices again like with First Strike Mod?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Chris165 wrote:
Lord-Bandu wrote:Thanks Chris. I got your PM too.

Yeah I noticed, the picture in the PM is with the highest settings. You should also add me on MSN so I can transfer all the pictures really fast.

Should I do this also with other beasts like the Dewback?

Also, this is for Single Player, you going to use recorded voices again like with First Strike Mod?

Thanks. I dont think ill need a dewback or bantha or anythin cos theres quite alot of refs around for them.

Yea, I'll need to setup auditions for the voices at some point.

Bac Talan , thats lookin quite nice... like an oil painting. Seems a hard thing to do
Lord-Bandu

Re: Star Wars: "A Day in a Life" - (updated 20/03/08 - 6th pic)

Post by Lord-Bandu »

A few more screenies added.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Re: Star Wars: "A Day in a Life" - (updated 20/03/08 - 6th pic)

Post by DeathRow »

That speeder is looking superb Bandu, great work.