(3)Yavin 4: 607th Invasion

The series of maps created by Xavious that follow the story of the 607th legion.

Moderator: Moderators

Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

(3)Yavin 4: 607th Invasion

Post by Xavious »

The news of the 607th's success is spreading across the Republic. Many believe the 607th
will win the war for the Republic within months.

Darth Sidious is angered by this legion's success. By the time word reaches the Jedi
Council that a vital trading port controlled by the CIS could bring about the end of the
war if captured, Palpatine has already sent the 607th to Yavin 4.

Meanwhile, Zhaus leads the 607th through the heavy jungles of Yavin 4 in search of ancient
ruins that hold mystical secrets about the history of both the Jedi and the Sith...

EDIT: Just as a heads up, the next version will have much of the foliage removed, so the map should run much better for those of you who had problems with it before.
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: (3)Yavin 4: 607th Invasion

Post by fai222 »

Ok. First of all the map looks very good.

Here is one barrier problem in the area of cp 0. You should double check the area in ZE for any barriers missing.
Hidden/Spoiler:
You might want to raise the CIS reinforcements by 10 or 20. The REP wins a little bit too easy.

Ill post more soon.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I think the contrast between the ground and the foliage/ objects is a bit large, but other than that, the map looks great! Ill be looking for more errors.
H_BOMB
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Location: That little box. You know, kinda toward the left side of the screen...

Post by H_BOMB »

I didn't find very much in the way of technical errors. I liked how the map was smaller and less of a pain to get around. But it also felt very linear. The canyons could use some more rocks and cover. And I think that up on the hills that divide the canyons you should add some more trees, rocks, foliage, and ruins. Otherwise when you look out at the horizon it looks really empty. Another thing would be to add some landed gunships or other camp equipment by each side's main command post to make it clear that it's their main base. I didn't find any technical errors so far.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

fai222 wrote:Here is one barrier problem in the area of cp 0. You should double check the area in ZE for any barriers missing.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Woops, I think I forgot to AI proof some stuff. That's probably not the only object they're getting stuck on, I'm fairly certain I just forgot to add barriers after putting some new objects in.
fai222 wrote:You might want to raise the CIS reinforcements by 10 or 20. The REP wins a little bit too easy.
That's funny, because the map was tipped in favor of the CIS earlier and I had to change some unit counts to balance it out. Looks like I have some more balancing to do yet.
H_BOMB wrote:The canyons could use some more rocks and cover.
Yeah, I left it open at first because I was going to add an AT-TE, but I changed my mind. Details are tops on my list of to-dos for this map right now.
H_BOMB wrote:And I think that up on the hills that divide the canyons you should add some more trees, rocks, foliage, and ruins. Otherwise when you look out at the horizon it looks really empty. Another thing would be to add some landed gunships or other camp equipment by each side's main command post to make it clear that it's their main base.
Yup. Again, I'm still working on some details.

Thanks for the input, and keep it coming! :thumbs:
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Like everyone else has said so far, the only real problems with the map are the small details. Here's what I noticed:

-The terrain could use a little more texture variety, particularly the canyon walls.
-The sky bothered me. Most of the sky was black, with the exception of the clouds, so I couldn't tell if the map was supposed to take place in the day or at night. If the map is supposed to have a night setting, the sun should be removed and the lighting should be darkened (although a bit of an orangish glow would still be nice, since the planet is in the sky). If the map is supposed to take place during the day, I'd recommend using the sky that is used in the shipped Yavin map.
-There are a few areas where just a tiny sliver of water appears. Make sure that the water tiles are only where they need to be.
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith

Post by AlexSecura »

Eggman Wrote: -The sky bothered me.
:P
I really enjoyed this Map and absolutely loved this Sky.

The Battle Location at the Bridge CP was very great.The Atmosphere here is so great.You feel like fighting in sunset against Grievous.
I liked to fight from there more due to the other Cp ( the one you normaly capture after starting the level),was very hard to beat.
The Object placing and Level beginning was also very nice.

Very good Map.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Here's a picture of what I mean:
Hidden/Spoiler:
When just playing through the map and focusing on the fighting, it isn't noticeble at all, but when you take a break and move the camera to look around, the black part sticks out. It's just one of those little details that I notice since I always put such a huge focus on the environment in my maps.
fai222
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by fai222 »

I dont think this should be possible. You could make the hills taller so it is impossible to walk to this place. Around cp 3 the hill is very low.

Also this map got the floating weapon on the screen and no weapon image for the carbine. Im not sure if it is the same problem on the two first maps too but i think you should check it out.
I forgot to take a picture of it but you should take look at Vaks chaingun in 1st person. You can see right trough it.