Age Of Chivalry

Anything Steam or Source related! Show your off your SDK work, mods, etc here, found a fun SourceMod? Post about it here as well!

Moderator: Moderators

arty
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Age Of Chivalry

Post by arty »

Hey, Gametoast. I haven't been on here a while and I can see that quite a few things have changed. :)

Age of Chivalry is an awesome Source Mod based around the medieval era where you can be an archer, a footman, or a knight. To me this is mod is really exciting and I was wondering if any of you other Gametoast members play this. I would love to play with you guys. :D
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar

Re: Age Of Chivalry

Post by Caleb1117 »

Oh yes, I love it.
It is a great game, part of my top five mods now.
The hyper realistic combat is alot of fun. Takes some skill too, particularly if you want to block or use ranged attacks.

Most of the time I'll be either a
1. Longbow Archer
2. Polearm Footman
3. Great Sword & Kite Shield Knight

Though from time to time, in the right situation, I'll use the Flail Knight. I'm looking forward to the new maps they are releasing. Which reminds me, I haven't checked up on it in awhile.

Here's the trailer for those who don't have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqgwdxhbqsM
YouJediJunkie
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by YouJediJunkie »

I have been addicted to this game, but it got killed by another addiction - Team Fortress 2... :lol:

Seriously, it's a great game. One of my favourite gaming experiences ever. It feels profersional in both gameplay and graphics.

If you have got Steam but not this mod, you must download it. It's way beyond epicness.
Caleb1117

Post by Caleb1117 »

YouJediJunkie wrote:I have been addicted to this game, but it got killed by another addiction - Team Fortress 2... :lol:

Seriously, it's a great game. One of my favourite gaming experiences ever. It feels profersional in both gameplay and graphics.

If you have got Steam but not this mod, you must download it. It's way beyond epicness.
Woah, you have a steam account? What is it?
arty
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by arty »

My only complaint about this game is the running. Yes it's realistic that if you were to wear that much armor you would be as slow as a slug, but it kind of ruins the feel of being fast pace. :roll:

I also think more classes or maybe even another civilization would be cool. Maybe even large scale battles in wide open areas. 8)
Caleb1117

Post by Caleb1117 »

arty wrote:My only complaint about this game is the running. Yes it's realistic that if you were to wear that much armor you would be as slow as a slug, but it kind of ruins the feel of being fast pace. :roll:

I also think more classes or maybe even another civilization would be cool. Maybe even large scale battles in wide open areas. 8)
Sorta agree. Thanks to the reseting of spawn location and the average size of maps, you never have to go real far. What I would like is more Stamina.

Well, that and more LotR maps. Helms Deep is my favorite map in the whole game so far.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Do you need HL2 for it? The only Source game I have is CS:S
I downloaded it and tried it but it didn't seem to work correctly.
So I just figured that I needed HL2.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

i tried this in steam last night, played solo just to see it run on lan, kinda ugly and not too exciting. The engine doesnt look anything like left for dead or hl2, it looks like a 5 or 6 year old home made rpg 1st person game like gothic 1 or thief 1 , either way i tried a Mp game online and it was funny, people talking trash, the usual dumb jokes, gameplay was slow, 5 people running at 5 people all archers and knights, walk more, walk slow, play music that was bad, die without any real play decisions (except run around slowly and evade or walk into arrow). Im gonna say using the source engine someone could make something alot cooler , heck just remodel and skin fortress 2 or cs:s stuff to medeival and its done! id give it 2 out of 5 stars , "a thanks for trying but there are better free demos out then this" but to be honest alot of things in steam give me this feeling. oh well.
Caleb1117

Post by Caleb1117 »

guru wrote:i tried this in steam last night, played solo just to see it run on lan, kinda ugly and not too exciting. The engine doesnt look anything like left for dead or hl2, it looks like a 5 or 6 year old home made rpg 1st person game like gothic 1 or thief 1 , either way i tried a Mp game online and it was funny, people talking trash, the usual dumb jokes, gameplay was slow, 5 people running at 5 people all archers and knights, walk more, walk slow, play music that was bad, die without any real play decisions (except run around slowly and evade or walk into arrow). Im gonna say using the source engine someone could make something alot cooler , heck just remodel and skin fortress 2 or cs:s stuff to medeival and its done! id give it 2 out of 5 stars , "a thanks for trying but there are better free demos out then this" but to be honest alot of things in steam give me this feeling. oh well.

If your looking for something closer to L4D, try downloading The Hidden.
arty
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by arty »

I hate the constant lag in AoC. Do any of you wanna hook up and play?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

arty wrote:I hate the constant lag in AoC.
That was what really turned me off. I tried it out a few weeks ago, played a couple maps, and said "that's enough for me, thanks."

I actually haven't been too impressed with a lot of Source stuff (mods or not) - PVK2 was okay, but really dumb with all the hopping around. Goldeneye was pretty decent, but nothing Half-Life is super. L4D looked fun, actually.

This? Probably the weakest one I saw. Most of what guru complained about above I can empathize with.
Caleb1117

Post by Caleb1117 »

Maveritchell wrote:
arty wrote:I hate the constant lag in AoC.
That was what really turned me off. I tried it out a few weeks ago, played a couple maps, and said "that's enough for me, thanks."

I actually haven't been too impressed with a lot of Source stuff (mods or not) - PVK2 was okay, but really dumb with all the hopping around. Goldeneye was pretty decent, but nothing Half-Life is super. L4D looked fun, actually.

This? Probably the weakest one I saw. Most of what guru complained about above I can empathize with.

I've never had lag, as long as I join a low latency server. I've been thinking about trying Golden Eye, never got around to it. Like I said to Guru, try The Hidden, if you haven't. I've never had lag on it, as the maps are all small. Gameplay is quick and challenging and surprising. I warn you though, your eyes will hurt after awhile, trying to see the Hidden (Subject 617).

As for bunny hopping, yea its silly, but as the saying goes, "I's a legitimate strategy".
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

I assume I must have HL2 to get AoC?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

the requirments are listed in steam, hl2 or l4d or cs:s fortress 2 etc.. if its made in an updated source code you can download and play aoC-lag. I actually did have one fun game the other night faimly members and friends playing the helms deep map protecting the castle while others invaded. it was a fun 7 minutes.