Thule: Assault

Discuss the new Battlefront Zer0 mod.

Moderator: Moderators

YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Thule: Assault

Post by YaNkFaN »

I bring you Thule Assault. Thule has never been done before for BF2 (so far as I believe). It will appear for the first time in Star Wars Battlefront Zero mod. I plan to make this map better than Pandemic made Thule. Now on to pics
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last edited by YaNkFaN on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: Thule: Assault

Post by Ping »

Looks good! And also, I think RepSharpshooter made a Thule map a while back :wink:
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

for BF2?
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by RepSharpshooter »

Thule Moon, a different one, and that was my first map so it was kinda... rough.

Your Thule looks great! If you need any ref pics, I have the game and can do screen captures.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

I have the game too i had to dust it off this morning and yea i went through the whole Thule part of the campaign
B.I.G_Cookie
High General
High General
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 4

Post by B.I.G_Cookie »

YaNkFaN wrote:I bring you Thule Assault. Thule has never been done before for BF2 (so far as I believe). It will appear for the first time in Star Wars Battlefront Zero mod. I plan to make this map better than Pandemic made Thule. Now on to pics
Did Pandemic a Thule map for swbf2 ?
YaNkFaN wrote:I have the game too i had to dust it off this morning and yea i went through the whole Thule part of the campaign
which game? :)
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

pandemic made a map for star wars clone wars for gamecube and i'm not sure what other systems since the game was made by pandemic it used the same engine seen in sbf2 just superscaled since the majority of the maps were played in vehicles. the objects have .odfs and .mshs just like in sbf2 therefore they can be used in bf2 and you get what is seen above
Caleb1117
2008 Most Original Avatar
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Caleb1117 »

Don't forget to get Pyc0fred's arch and rock models. If you don't have them already.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

I have the arch models the problem is they don't have any terrain cutters so they're really hard to work with in ZE if anyone would like to put terrain cutters on them then i may be able to use em
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Again, looking great man! The Galactic Marines have been tweaked (skin), also, i see we can use HAGs, GATs, and AT-XTs.. Sweet! :D I have Cydon Prax ready as CIS hero, he would be wel fitted to this map i guess! For republic, I haven't planned anything yet. Let me know if you agree on this. Great work man ;)
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

definately though i'd make the hag a little slower than it is in the movie the battle sorta takes place on a canyon ridge more pics will be up soon
RepSharpshooter
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by RepSharpshooter »

YaNkFaN wrote:I have the arch models the problem is they don't have any terrain cutters so they're really hard to work with in ZE if anyone would like to put terrain cutters on them then i may be able to use em
I think fragme released a bunch of premade terrain cutters you could try.

Also, are you making a campaign for it? The Thule in Clone Wars was absolutely humungous, if you try to do a normal conquest mode battlefront map of it, it may be too spread out. Campaign would move through the entire battlefield and make it more fun, I think. Also, is it tank oriented like in Clone Wars, or are you adapting it to be soldier oriented?
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

see that's the dilemma i'm having i'm setting it up so it's good for bf2 not good for clone wars. I'm not doing an exact replica of thule instead i'm doing what i think thule would look like for bf2. Some of the objects in the thule assets are huge like you could fit an entire good sized map in them so yea none of the objects are going to be scaled just the map itself is going to be not as big as the one in Clone Wars.

also at Mandrek we're gonna need a custom sound file on this map for all the vehicles

i set one up so it's a bit easier for ya

EDIT: More Pics check first post
B.I.G_Cookie
High General
High General
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 4

Post by B.I.G_Cookie »

looks nice. I like the base.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

You oughta re-export those Thule props, they're really large and the collision is optimized for vehicles and not for soldiers. It wouldn't be a lot of work and even with just some basic XSI ability you could do it pretty easily.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Maveritchell wrote:You oughta re-export those Thule props, they're really large and the collision is optimized for vehicles and not for soldiers. It wouldn't be a lot of work and even with just some basic XSI ability you could do it pretty easily.
@YaNkFaN > Please pm me all models which are lacking ingame, and tell me how they should be scaled. I'll do it, fix their collision etc.

The pics are EXTRAORDINARY man :thumbs:
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Wow, looks awesome! Will there be any custom clone legions?
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Nova Hawk wrote:Wow, looks awesome! Will there be any custom clone legions?
Hey, have you played with standard sides on BF0 already? :roll:

I dunno what kindoff legion was there, but heroes are Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Count Dooku and Cydon Prax. Vehicles AT-TE, AT-XT vs GATs and HAGs (by heart, dunno what YaNk intended?)
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

thinking the same thing but instead of obi could you possibly make a padawan anikan with a braid and everything if it's too hard don't worry and the models will be zipped up shortly see what you want to do with them
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

YaNkFaN wrote:thinking the same thing but instead of obi could you possibly make a padawan anikan with a braid and everything if it's too hard don't worry and the models will be zipped up shortly see what you want to do with them
I don't want to do anything with them, i just want to know what should be fixed :P

Also, we have an ep2 anakin, so we'll use him ;)