Thule: Assault

Discuss the new Battlefront Zer0 mod.

Moderator: Moderators

YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Re: Thule: Assault

Post by YaNkFaN »

idk just check in xsi to see if the collision is alright also maybe if you can shrink down the factory that would be great i'll pm you with the link
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Okay:

-Shrink down factory

More things? Like, what things are having weird collision and stuff? It's easier for you to tell, since you can play ingame already :D
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

this object

thu_bldg_rail has some weird collision near the top of it sorta the head of the rail
Clone Captain
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Clone Captain »

This looks really good, just like in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. :thumbs: :thumbs:

P.S. I have the game to.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

So somehow I missed this thread. I'm glad I finally found it, those pics are awesome. I'm glad someone could do Thule justice. :thumbs:
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

YaNkFaN wrote:pandemic made a map for star wars clone wars for gamecube and i'm not sure what other systems since the game was made by pandemic it used the same engine seen in sbf2 just superscaled since the majority of the maps were played in vehicles. the objects have .odfs and .mshs just like in sbf2 therefore they can be used in bf2 and you get what is seen above
Did the game use the assets in an uncompiled format, or were the assets released separately?
B-1Burt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by B-1Burt »

That looks... Exactally like Star Wars Clone Wars(the game) that blew me away!!! I love Star Wars: The Cone Wars one of the first games I had for my Game Cube. I loved all of it.(even if it was way to hard) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looking forward to its release.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

uncompiled (not sure what you mean) as for what actually happened the game uses the same engine that SBF1 and SBF2 use (zeroengine) which is why SBF@ was so horribly outdated when it came out. However Zeroengine is relatively easy to work with (ie the size of the modding community) and pretty decent but still old. The maps in Clone Wars were made just as maps in BF2 were (maybe a tad simpler) they used objects with .odfs and .mshs (same as SBF1 and SBF2 ironically). Therefore the objects used in clonewars can be used in SBF1 and SBF2 I'm not sure how or where the modding community got their hands on the assets (probably lucas arts released them or I think psychofred was a developer of the game (SBF2) and he may have released them. The assets released do not include just Thule they also include all the maps seen in Clone Wars except kashyyyk ie RhenVar, Raxus, Geonosis and Thule. The objects are pretty well don but a little big due to Clone Wars being a vehicle based game. However some of them (seen in the pics of Thule) can be used to make a half decent map.

If there is any inaccuracy to this please post it
Frisbeetarian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Frisbeetarian »

You answered my question for the most part, though I'm not sure where to get all assets, I'll look around for them (I know some are in Tean's pack).

Compiling is like what SW:BF2 does when it munges; it puts the assets in .lvl files. Thus, uncompiled means that the game .exe reads them in their original form (i.e. in this case ODF or .msh form). I believe that games such as JKA and Civilization use uncompiled assets.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

@ YaNkFaN -- please do me one favor. Don't make this map ridiculously huge. So many could-be-great maps are ruined because you have to huff it for 1/2 hour across the battlefield to fire your first shot, only to get sniped when you get there - causing you do do the whole trip again. I learned this the hard way with Haruun Kal. If I made another Haruun Kal map again it'd be about 1/3 the size.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

I definately understand the size factor however Thule is a big map the map itself will be big however the playable area of the map (ie where planning is and where the action is is relatively small) about normal size of my maps and BF2 maps. There will be flyers as well as vehicles to get to the other side of the map. Just from basic testing there is no problems whatsoever that I've seen with size and scale the only problem so far is detail and small scale objects which is what I will work on in the comming days.
Master_Ben
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Location: Watching your PC over your shoulder. No, the other sholder....

Post by Master_Ben »

Another thing I think is to worry about about a big map is memorizing it, ya know? It's much easier do have a map with a easily-discernible layout that is quickly navigatable than to keep having to check the minimap. For that matter, this is made easier with a good minimap, like you did on Grathe. Beautiful minimap, Grathe had.
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

lol the grathe minimap was just grathe in height mode then grayscaled in photoshop
Master_Ben
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Location: Watching your PC over your shoulder. No, the other sholder....

Post by Master_Ben »

YaNkFaN wrote:lol the grathe minimap was just grathe in height mode then grayscaled in photoshop
Nevertheless, it looked good lol. :wink: