Sides

For discussion, WIPs, and downloads of the DMI (Dynamic Map Idea)

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Sides

Post by Maveritchell »

Blade wrote:I'm just wondering, what would the Sniper feat do? I already can't remember what it did in KotOR (finished it 3 days ago :D), but... would it just make the sniper rifle do more damage? Or would the 1 level sniper rifle be less accurate (you can set up some inaccuracy in the .odf, can't you?) and then the higher you get, the less it... jitters, until it's like a regular sniper rifle? (far too accurate, IMO...) Just wondering what it would do :).
I added this feat as a special attack for the Carth Onasi hero in the KotOR sides. It's a separate attack that changes his pistol into a sniper rifle, but does nothing until it's charged. Looks like this:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Power Blast, which Rep mentioned, is also in the KotOR sides, as a special attack for Atton. It works the same way as Sniper shot (minus the scope), and it's a charged attack similar to a bowcaster's charged shot.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Just for sake of completion, I'll probably add rapid shot to one of the other hero units, it would work the same as the other two and just fire multiple shots inaccurately - so to bring it back to the topic, those are the ways I would do them if it were up to me.
vortexus
Private Recruit

Post by vortexus »

A few little suggestions here if I may.
First please all gamtoast moders who are working on this. Can we have some coustom weapons please? It would make the map so much more fun to have a bit of viriety.
Also on the 2nd highest level scout can we have a long range jet pack that goes kind of fast and then on the highest level scout have a fast long range jet pack, doesn't even have to be a scout can we just have a jet pack?
No rocket launcher :faint: !
And please can we have the jedi master stiled on the Revan type movment or the ShacTi style? What were you thinking of for the jedi blade colors? I thought Blue for Padawan, Green or Blue for Jedi and Purple or Green for jedi masters.
I know this may be a big ask but just before the you unlock Jedi can we have a class with a Vibrow sword? You could just make the damage lower so you have to hit your oponent 4 or 5 times to kill them. Heres a charecter weapons suggestion(because we all know that you can have more than for weapons, I mean in the map " geonosis 105th there are charecters who hav sixs weapons)
"Swords man" (Vibrow sword holder)
-Vibrow sword
-Blaster pistol(stlyed like clone pistol but with a"Auto repeat" funtion so you hold down the mouse button and it keeps firing)
-Inspire("armour boost" buffs are quite fun for online games especialy when your in a group)
-Rage(damage increase)
-6 Fragmentation granades

I know its a bit much but you could take some stuff away. I thoght fo fighting style the charecter could move like Anakin and as for looks... Somethig like this Image only maybe a little bit less tech.

Now my final suggestion.
As you advance in level can we have cooler looking skins and a veriety in weapons, and for skins can we have mor techy looking stuf like the above picture^ :runaway: because it looks so much cooler than basic starwars? :thumbs: :eek:
ps.plz plz plz plz plz can we have the cool looking tech armour even just one or two classes with it maybe?
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

if you make all the stuff..

(i want to say that most of the modelers here are busy with other things)
vortexus
Private Recruit

Post by vortexus »

Just a suggestion and i didn't expect pplz to do all of it just like one thing, take it into consideration for when you do it as feedback of what people wold like.
ps.I would do it its only that i have just started using XSI so i'm not that good yet. :thumbs:
CCO!
Lance Corporal

Post by CCO! »

Im thinking that you should start out as a rookie, with little to no armor. And get more armor and techy stuff as you advance. So here is my idea at least for the scout layout.

Level 1
Rebel Smuggler

Level 2 Rebel Smuggler with a better looking backpack, less of a I like ships guy and more of a wilderness survival guy.

Level 3 Rebel Solider Perhaps some different helmets to spice it up?

Level 4 Scout Trooper But add a backpack

Level 5 Mandolorian Scout Reskinned Mandos anyone?

This way we can have some sides that look like they are "evolving" and fill the need for mandos.
B-1Burt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by B-1Burt »

For the civillian class I think you should have different clothes. You know like you get in KotOR 2, this was one of the biggest things that bugged me in the first KotOR. Just make them basic, kinda like the Taris citizens wore.(Upper citizens not those rags the undercity people wore :P )

As for the shotgun and vibrosword... No to the shotgun people will just run up to you and blast an entire shell in your face. No skill or aiming at all just annoying. To the Vibrosword, you'd have to make it like Mav. did for Cloud on Spira. No running at humanly impossible speeds, no flips or super jumps, and no blocking. Otherwise people will use only vibroswords, and those who want to use Real weapons will be at a disadvantage.
vortexus
Private Recruit

Post by vortexus »

B-1Burt wrote:As for the shotgun and vibrosword... No to the shotgun people will just run up to you and blast an entire shell in your face. No skill or aiming at all just annoying. To the Vibrosword, you'd have to make it like Mav. did for Cloud on Spira. No running at humanly impossible speeds, no flips or super jumps, and no blocking. Otherwise people will use only vibroswords, and those who want to use Real weapons will be at a disadvantage.
Ok to the shot gun, but the vibro sword thing has been done many times before, it looks a bit wierd when people run but as to the bit about no blocking...well why not? If you take the sword and lower the damage to about 4 hits to a kill, it kinda prevents people from using it as an alternative to the lightsaber, if you add in a side arm, a frag granade or two and some health and ammo packs......
B-1Burt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by B-1Burt »

Hold up a sec... You can't level up to Jedi right? Aren't the Jedi going to be like the police? I thought it was gonna be Jedi=Admin. As in only those with special privileges got to be admin, and only admin got to be Jedi. For those of you that don't know this is an mostly online map.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

As much as I hate random suggestion myself, i jsut have to say this.

you need a Shaq unit.
Hawk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWRC

Post by Hawk »

RepSharpshooter wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I guess we better bring up the issue of sides.

There are 18 total units to select from if both teams are put together. A sample setup would be to have 3 base classes and 5 levels, which allows for 3 different varieties of Jedi. It ultimately depends on how many levels we need versus how many base classes we need.

I was thinking that we have classes as such:
[list]
[*]Scout - ??? perhaps a reskinned rebel model? like a smuggler? - Has more speed, less health
[*]Smuggler - Han solo cit model from battle arena (actually originally made for DMI) - In between
[*]Soldier - Caleb's merc model - More health, less speed[/list]

I need ideas on how to build the sides. Obviously these classes will level up with 5 different levels. Health, speed and stamina will increase with level. But we may also want to change weapons/feats. Like we could give the level 5 soldier a power blast feat for his gun. Same, we could give the scout a sniper feat. There could also be the different levels of feats, all the way to master. Smuggler could get the rapid shot feat. We could also give the smuggler and scout stealth generators, and the soldier a shield generator.

Level 1
[list][*]Scout
[list][*]Sniper rifle
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade[/list]
[*]Smuggler
[list]
[*]Carbine
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade[/list]
[*]Soldier
[list]
[*]Blaster Rifle
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade[/list][/list]

Level 2
[list][*]Scout
[list][*]Sniper rifle - rookie sniper feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade[/list]
[*]Smuggler
[list]
[*]Carbine - rookie frenzy feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade[/list]
[*]Soldier
[list]
[*]Blaster Rifle - rookie power blast feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade[/list][/list]

Level 3
[list][*]Scout
[list][*]Sniper rifle - rookie sniper feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Scout droid[/list]
[*]Smuggler
[list]
[*]Carbine - rookie frenzy feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Stealth[/list]
[*]Soldier
[list]
[*]Blaster Rifle - rookie power blast feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Shield[/list][/list]

Level 4
[list][*]Scout
[list][*]Sniper rifle - veteran sniper feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Scout droid[/list]
[*]Smuggler
[list]
[*]Carbine - veteran frenzy feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Stealth[/list]
[*]Soldier
[list]
[*]Blaster Rifle - veteran power blast feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Shield[/list][/list]

Level 5
[list][*]Scout
[list][*]Sniper rifle - master sniper feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Scout droid[/list]
[*]Smuggler
[list]
[*]Carbine - master frenzy feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Stealth[/list]
[*]Soldier
[list]
[*]Blaster Rifle - master power blast feat
[*]Pistol
[*]Grenade
[*]Shield[/list][/list]

Jedi
[list][*]Padawan
[list][*]Saber[/list]
[*]Knight
[list]
[*]Saber
[*]Force Push[/list]
[*]Master
[list]
[*]Saber
[*]Force Push
[*]Saber Throw[/list][/list]

Sound good? Still need ideas for player and weapon geometries. Donations welcome! Perhaps we should even differentiate this task, seems to be a little overwhelming for me to do alone.
ah.
cool trooper must i say