Discuss the new Battlefront Zer0 mod.

Moderator: Moderators

AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Mustafar: Burning Platforms

Post by AQT »

http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 71&t=19379

When MandeRek sent me the source files to Mustafar: Burning Platforms, it was in its early stage of work, somewhere around 5% to 10% complete. I have been working on this map, on and off, for nearly three months now and I can say that it is nearly done, maybe even making it into the next version of BF0. Screenshots for now:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Overview
Hidden/Spoiler:
A Republic Landing Zone
Hidden/Spoiler:
Jedi Temple
Hidden/Spoiler:
Dome Entrance
Hidden/Spoiler:
CIS Reinforcements Landing Zone
Hidden/Spoiler:
Lava-encrusted Gunship
Credits to MandeRek for the original models and idea. This map will feature a B3 droid factory which is currently (hopefully) in development. If anyone can provide any feedback judging from the six screenshots (I'll have more soon), please do. Thanks!
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Mustafar: Burning Platforms

Post by Nova Hawk »

Wow, that's pretty impressive, AQT. I love the toasted gunship. :thumbs:
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

The toasted gunship somehow looks like a chesse gunship to me, no offense. there must be a way to make it more realistic.

The jedi temple there gives a BRIGHT beacon of what this map may be relating to other than the norm SWG Mustafar, more acurrately the south? reminds me of the scattered land south. There was a temple there.

Anyway, its a good map, can't wait for the debut! :thumbs:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

CodaRez wrote:The toasted gunship somehow looks like a chesse gunship to me, no offense. there must be a way to make it more realistic.
I thought someone might say that. Yeah, I'll try to make it less "chessy" (reminds me of the old Mac & Cheese commericals with the cheesasaurus and volcanoes erupting melted cheese).
The jedi temple there gives a BRIGHT beacon of what this map may be relating to other than the norm SWG Mustafar, more acurrately the south? reminds me of the scattered land south. There was a temple there.
Really? I did not know that. MandeRek originally had the temple in so I just kept it. So it does make sense after all...
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

AQT wrote:
CodaRez wrote:
Really? I did not know that. MandeRek originally had the temple in so I just kept it. So it does make sense after all...
Trust me, it had jedi temples ALL over the place.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

That's nice, I just thought a Jedi Temple would fit in there. Great job on the map AQT, this is really what I wanted it to be, a sortoff Kamino-on-lava-map. Nice use of the new props I've sent you, the factory IS in progress, only the B3s form a problem. Anyhow, you also had a story in mind with that factory? I could use it for ZERO Squad maybe..

It's looking amazing man, you're the best on the job! :thumbs:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Thanks, MandeRek, and good luck with the factory. :)
Anyhow, you also had a story in mind with that factory? I could use it for ZERO Squad maybe..
Definately, a ZERO Squad mission would be nice. The story should go something like
Hidden/Spoiler:
considering how powerful the B3 droids are and their main source of production being in the droid factories of Mustafar, ZERO Squad was sent in to basically blow everything up. :wink:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

Hmm, sounds not bad at all! And not difficult too :P If you make some regions at important parts (factory, dome, jedi temple) and also spawn paths (dome_spawn, factory_spawn) I can basicly get an amazing mission! :D