CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Re: Battlefront Zero - Version 2.1 Released

Post by CodaRez »

My pleasure :wink:

Sry to bother you though, but I got more...

*Need I look for those report papers now sir?*

Before I start, I need to report some fatal errors:

SALEUCAMI: FATAL MESSAGE

Is what I recieved. Now to the norms.

ILUM:

-You fixed a LOT of things here. GJ first I need say. :thumbs:

-But well, a lot of the pillars are floating slightly above ground. The crystals are annoying, so I'll leave em. But a slight decrease in pillar height would be enough to ground them.

-The CIS were slightly underpowered, mostly cus the can't get up enough to find the CP. Also, I found it hard to get action cus of the trek.

Still, compared to the last time I saw ILUM, its a vast improvement :plokoon: .

MUUNILISTS
(A.K.A home of the long head Ki Adi knockoffs. Except 10x selfisher and wimpier :yes: ):

-Republic still being overpowered. Those tanks may be a bad idea....

-The lance blade could have some hit effects(if not sparks then the dust like the twi'lek guy)

MUUNILIST--PO:

-The lance trooper seems to be able to flail the lance around real easily eventhough it is about his full height. I know you are gonna punch me for saying this, but you should make his combo simpler. The last combo was disadvantagous, but realistic. Maybe you could include only 2 strokes, or 2 strokes with an immobile 3rd stroke. Choose whichever. I suggest including the downward swipe like the jeedai killer. You could also increase his health for more balance.

MYGEETO:

You lost the source files for this right? Well I am gonna report just incase

-Opening satellite shot ain't right

-Floating prop close to starting CIS CP.

-An interesting bug, the AI , if they spot you, will run towards you, even though they are on the bridges. So while trying to run to you, the run over the bridge and fall....
You should include barriers...

GEONOSIS
:

-HERO ASSAULT: Fordo would try to bring out a recon droid. It doesn't spawn sometimes though. Personally for coolness, he shouldn't have a recon droid, or he won't go around pwning people with a blaster.

The T-shaped monsters are giving me sharp glares, better get on with their segment lest I get crushed by a basilisk......

MANDALORIAN AFFAIRS:

-The lightsaber is missing its proper effects(I found it on Muunilist)

-Your jedi killer shouldn't be able to RUN like a jedi. Decrease his speed dude.

-He can't run while in saber mode you might say, well if u run in gun mode(which looks quite ludicrous when he is so fast)you can switch to saber and voila, force run.

-I would also suggest giving them sounds. Rebel *aghs* or *oofs* won't be bad. *Follow Me* would be good too.

And finally, we return to the 2 tailed freaks :greeny: :greeny: :amidala:

RYLOTH:

-Cody I believe has the same problem as Fordo in Geo Arena

-CIS roster has 3 units all localized as B1 Battledroid only. Sure, ONE of them truly is that, but the other 2 is a sniper and grenade launcher. You should relocalize them.

-HUNT: May I suggest making the better twi'leks unlockables?

-HUNT: Your twi'lek vibroblade is humming like a lightsaber. Or was there just a very big bee nearby? *realizes that bees don't exist on Ryloth, hardly any flowers.* ........

-ATRT planning ain't really much better than the blurrgs(someone gave them low quality battle droid oil? you should have at least given droideka class :clone: )

I have nearly played through the whole mod. I am seeming to like it more and more. Can't wait for even the new maps to come. Great work Mande! :thumbs:

(oh, and I guess I'll see my models, next release)
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by MandeRek »

CodaRez wrote:My pleasure :wink:

If you want too
I don't have fatal errors, maybe you have too much missions? Incomplete download?

ILUM:

Creds to Sparky, aka Crazy_Ewok
-But well, a lot of the pillars are floating slightly above ground. The crystals are annoying, so I'll leave em. But a slight decrease in pillar height would be enough to ground them.
Will tell him
-The CIS were slightly underpowered, mostly cus the can't get up enough to find the CP. Also, I found it hard to get action cus of the trek.
What do you suggest? Semi hero?

MUUNILISTS
(A.K.A home of the long head Ki Adi knockoffs. Except 10x selfisher and wimpier :yes: ):
Should I make a model for them as locals?
Shall I add in Fightertanks?
-The lance blade could have some hit effects(if not sparks then the dust like the twi'lek guy)
It was made of foam? :P

MUUNILIST--PO:

-The lance trooper seems to be able to flail the lance around real easily eventhough it is about his full height. I know you are gonna punch me for saying this, but you should make his combo simpler. The last combo was disadvantagous, but realistic. Maybe you could include only 2 strokes, or 2 strokes with an immobile 3rd stroke. Choose whichever. I suggest including the downward swipe like the jeedai killer. You could also increase his health for more balance.
I know the Lance Trooper is like.. Well, not so strong. But they weren't supposed to fight with lances at all. Won't change this, sorry

MYGEETO:

[unneccesary since i indeed lost source files]
-Opening satellite shot ain't right

-Floating prop close to starting CIS CP.

-An interesting bug, the AI , if they spot you, will run towards you, even though they are on the bridges. So while trying to run to you, the run over the bridge and fall....
You should include barriers...

GEONOSIS
:

-HERO ASSAULT: Fordo would try to bring out a recon droid. It doesn't spawn sometimes though. Personally for coolness, he shouldn't have a recon droid, or he won't go around pwning people with a blaster.
I wanted some variation in al different kind of commanders
The T-shaped monsters are giving me sharp glares, better get on with their segment lest I get crushed by a basilisk......

MANDALORIAN AFFAIRS:

-Your jedi killer shouldn't be able to RUN like a jedi. Decrease his speed dude.
Will do, and animation is fixed as well
-He can't run while in saber mode you might say, well if u run in gun mode(which looks quite ludicrous when he is so fast)you can switch to saber and voila, force run.

-I would also suggest giving them sounds. Rebel *aghs* or *oofs* won't be bad. *Follow Me* would be good too.
Would require new sound file..

RYLOTH:

-CIS roster has 3 units all localized as B1 Battledroid only. Sure, ONE of them truly is that, but the other 2 is a sniper and grenade launcher. You should relocalize them.
Canon seen there were no Assassin droids, only in BF2 which made it sortoff canon. Droids with rifles, rockets or whatever, if they were B1 types they were often just named 'Battledroid'
You may, but I won't. Even stock hunt is most times unbalanced, isn't it fun to pwn droids with tails?
-HUNT: Your twi'lek vibroblade is humming like a lightsaber. Or was there just a very big bee nearby? *realizes that bees don't exist on Ryloth, hardly any flowers.* ........
Didn't vibroblades humm?
-ATRT planning ain't really much better than the blurrgs(someone gave them low quality battle droid oil? you should have at least given droideka class :clone: )

I have nearly played through the whole mod. I am seeming to like it more and more. Can't wait for even the new maps to come. Great work Mande! :thumbs:

Thanks man, and i just added the new locals
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

MandeRek wrote:
CodaRez wrote:My pleasure :wink:

If you want too
I don't have fatal errors, maybe you have too much missions? Incomplete download?

ILUM:

Creds to Sparky, aka Crazy_Ewok
Will tell him
What do you suggest? Semi hero?I suggest a closer CP, or maby the CIS have another cp, closer to the entrance

MUUNILISTS
Should I make a model for them as locals?nah
Shall I add in Fightertanks?Perhaps, were they there?
It was made of foam? :Plol :D

MUUNILIST--PO:

I know the Lance Trooper is like.. Well, not so strong. But they weren't supposed to fight with lances at all. Won't change this, sorry

MYGEETO:

[unneccesary since i indeed lost source files
awwww

GEONOSIS
:

I wanted some variation in al different kind of commandersthats cool, but you could easily substitute a recon droid for something else. U seen what happened to the magnaguard when given the recon droid, and the wookiee.

MANDALORIAN AFFAIRS:

Will do, and animation is fixed as well

Would require new sound file..

RYLOTH:

Canon seen there were no Assassin droids, only in BF2 which made it sortoff canon. Droids with rifles, rockets or whatever, if they were B1 types they were often just named 'Battledroid'
You may, but I won't. Even stock hunt is most times unbalanced, isn't it fun to pwn droids with tails?But then whats the point of the lowly infantry girl armed with only a fusioncutter and DL44. Maybe its for the bot variety, hmm? Guess thats fine
Didn't vibroblades humm?Well that's quite an outstanding humm

Thanks man, and i just added the new localsehehe thnx :mrgreen:
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Coda in our bug-quoting wrote: o I suggest a closer CP, or maby the CIS have another cp, closer to the entrance
I noticed on Ryloth increasing units can do miracle.. I'll increase the CIS's
o Perhaps, were they there?
I'm afraid not. SPHA-Ts are too overpowered, I might make them in turret form
o thats cool, but you could easily substitute a recon droid for something else. U seen what happened to the magnaguard when given the recon droid, and the wookiee.
You're right, I'll remove the Recon Droid and make some different grenades (Plasma etc)
o But then whats the point of the lowly infantry girl armed with only a fusioncutter and DL44. Maybe its for the bot variety, hmm? Guess thats fine
We all wat to see girls ingame! Besides, that fusioncutter may become very usefull with the turrets which will be included in next version
o Well that's quite an outstanding humm
It's also a quite outstanding sword..

Thanks man, I'll try and fix as many things as possible!
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

Well from the roster of Muunilist, you could either:

-Have 1 ATTE and maybe 4 AATs

-Have NO AATS, and replace them with Dwarf Spiders.

-Have NO AATS, but add 1 Homing Spider Droid(default spider)

On that note, with the tanks being thrown at them, does the republic ahve a rocket class? Forgot to check.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

CodaRez wrote:Well from the roster of Muunilist, you could either:

-Have 1 ATTE and maybe 4 AATs

-Have NO AATS, and replace them with Dwarf Spiders.

-Have NO AATS, but add 1 Homing Spider Droid(default spider)

On that note, with the tanks being thrown at them, does the republic ahve a rocket class? Forgot to check.
Nope, one heavy assault class, with a Z6. They all have thermals, and some have mines (told by heart) Also they have Swoop bikes..
Devastator77
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Post by Devastator77 »

-ALL WEAPONS of units made game-freezing-free
I don't know if it's just me, but I still have the weapon game-freezing problems on quite a few units like the standard battle droid on Muunilist and Ryloth, Wat Tambor on Mas Gamos, just to name a few. I'm a little nervous every time I try to cycle the primary weapon, not knowing wether the game will freeze. This problem does NOT happen, if I use a profile without award weapons. Right now I'm playing it with a new profile, so the game won't freeze when I change weapons. My download went fine, I have the 1.3 patch, the convo-pack installed, and I am well under the mission limit. Just curious, is anyone else having this problem?

This is still an awesome, detailed, and improved project, and I hope this bug can be squashed.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Devastator77 wrote:
-ALL WEAPONS of units made game-freezing-free
I don't know if it's just me,
It's not just you; there are still award weapons bugs left - I noticed them on at least a couple different units.
kooster
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Location: Blowing up droids into scrap metal with my Almighty-Ultimate-Mega Projectile Launcher

Post by kooster »

I totally agree with CodaRez on most of the things he said. This is such a great improvement.
Especially Ilum. This is awesome. I haven't played all of the maps yet, but it is so awesome.
Cant wait for the final release!!!
trainmaster611
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by trainmaster611 »

Hey man, I just downloaded this and it looks cool. I'll tell ya what I think. I'm really sorry I couldn't partake in this project but I think its coming along great :)
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks guys, for the nice comments, and sorry about the AWARD weapon thingie. All said I should add 2 lines to the odf but it wasn't working. Thanks to Coda it's fixed now, if you want, I can release a 2.1.5 patch to fix this big bug, so you can have loads of playing fun till the next release? ;)

@Train > Thanks man, enjoy playing! Don't feel sorry for not contributing, but if you still want, you're always welcome :)
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

Well if you do that, I got some small notes

TANTIVE IV:

-Finally managed to play it. Ur right, has too many missions. Saleucami was the same.

-The guns in ZER0 squad used by the guard still aren't in a way fixed. The muzzle flash is blue, but the bullets are green.... :? :mrgreen:
Bail had the same prob.

-Striking that the Alderaan Guard have a CIS CP. Its alrdy GCW in this mission right? then you should change the symbols to empire and alliance.

-As for conquest, I believe you just included it as an extra, but pls, balance out the sides there. The Republic is at a disadvantage cus it lacks a more diverse unit roster than CIS. Maybe an ARC trooper would be sufficient to balance it out(perhaps a well armed one)

All for now mate, keep up the good work! :thumbs:
Hawk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWRC

Post by Hawk »

WOW. good jop, man :thumbs:
Master of Stickmen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Location: In your ear, pretending to be that voice in your head you call your "concience".

Post by Master of Stickmen »

On munillist (or however its spelled), whenever i play as Fordo, the game freezes
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

I know, that's fixed now. I'm now focusing on polishing up the maps, like floating objects and planning.. I'm gonna make everything worked out now, before I start on adding more content (although I'm deleting an old map, and making a new one instead)
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

On what maps is Captain Rex on?? I can't find him anywhere... And I noticed that you can play as Plo Koon on Boz Pity now but whenever I play, I don't get the chance to play him.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

Nihillo wrote:I have come to report a critical bug in Felucia, I selected the 327th commander (not Bly) spawned and then used the mouse wheel to change my primary weapon, my computer froze and I had to reset it.

I am not sure if it was my attempt to change weapons or if it was merely the presence of the commander that caused this issue, but it happened.

I will come back later to further review this mod (so far I am enjoying it), I just felt this was an urgent matter that should be reported immediately.
I would like to expand gravely on this bug.

What Nihilo reported is true even for me, and I was using the clone commander on RHEN VAR...

I believe you ahve something wrong with the weapons setting of ALL ur dual weaponed commanders, jsut to be sure.

This is not an AWARD weapons issue, as I was using an AWARD weapon-less account.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

^It also happened to me.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Well you can still play as the commanders as long as you don't try to change weapons.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Nova Hawk wrote:On what maps is Captain Rex on?? I can't find him anywhere... And I noticed that you can play as Plo Koon on Boz Pity now but whenever I play, I don't get the chance to play him.
@ Captain Rex was on Ryloth, but noticed he only was in space, so so far on none planet. Will look into plo koon thing

@Others - Bug is fixed now