Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Bos Wars AI - a RTS game
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Bos Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront Zero - Version 2.1 Released

Post by [RDH]Zerted »

Delta-1035 wrote:
Download using MegaUpload
Zerted could you upload this to the MandeRek page on your site again? That would be awesome
Yes, please do it, i still can not download this from megaupload just like the v2.0 (sorry Mande).
If you want me to do something, you have to PM me. I'm not actively watching all the posts at the moment and only read this because I don't want to go to bed with wet hair...

I bought a SATA controller for my server and it used up all my resources (haven't seen IRQ conflicts in years...) I had to downgrade the graphics card and now everything is unstable. I'll add the file by the end of the week but the server may be going up and down at random times. As always, if you download from my site use a resume supporting download manager.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

It has been uploaded to Filefront via SWBFFiles for the past few days - http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... ero;103793
yukisuna
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: My new PC hates the Mod Tools
Games I'm Playing :: See Interests
xbox live or psn: Samura Yukisuna
Location: Stuck in a place full of happy happiness known as Steam.

Post by yukisuna »

game crashes when trying to swap weapons with the felucia legion's commander.

and mace windu... ehum... his basepose on one of the maps make me sick...
Last edited by yukisuna on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

[RDH]Zerted wrote:
Delta-1035 wrote:
Download using MegaUpload
Zerted could you upload this to the MandeRek page on your site again? That would be awesome
Yes, please do it, i still can not download this from megaupload just like the v2.0 (sorry Mande).
If you want me to do something, you have to PM me. I'm not actively watching all the posts at the moment and only read this because I don't want to go to bed with wet hair...

I bought a SATA controller for my server and it used up all my resources (haven't seen IRQ conflicts in years...) I had to downgrade the graphics card and now everything is unstable. I'll add the file by the end of the week but the server may be going up and down at random times. As always, if you download from my site use a resume supporting download manager.
Sorry man, will pm you next time, I thought it would be kind off rude.. For this version, it's not really needed to be uploaded again, it has too many bugs. So I'll pm you for the next release, sorry for all trouble and hope everything works out!
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

MandeRek and CodaRez, regarding Mandalorian Affairs, wrote:-I would also suggest giving them sounds. Rebel *aghs* or *oofs* won't be bad. *Follow Me* would be good too.
Would require new sound file..
No need for that (or maybe), but you can try using the Coruscant sound .lvl which already have Alliance sounds included in CW.

P.S. "Battle Droid" is two words.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

I have being playing this mod for a week now, and I think it's time to post my thoughts on Battlefront Zero...

I will be honest with you, Mande, I didn't like the previous installments of Zero, I thought the maps lacked polish and sometimes were downright plain; the sides, on the other hand, were fairly interesting, although simplistic in their weaponry, each class was somewhat unique in its own right; the entire premise was also very refreshing and kept me interested for a long time, for me Battlefront Zero always had a yet-to-be-achieved kind of potential, it was just like a raw piece of a delicious meat: before it could be savoured, it had to be cooked.

And so comes Version 2.1. I had already noticed a huge improvement on the maps of the previous version, but now they are much more professional and polished, the sides seem to have been revamped and the overall quality has reached a new level.

What I admire the most in what you and your team have created, is the innovation, you were always trying to do something different, something new, that effort paid off and now we are seeing the results, there is a lot of new content in Battlefront Zero, content that we won't see anywhere else (except for the Droid Commandos, the Tactical Droid and the Magnaguard :P), I am satisfied with what was brought to the game, I never thought I would see so much variety of B2 Battledroids nor such awesome Jedi such as Plo-Koon and villains such as Durge duking it out in Battlefront II.

I believe the models are well done, though strangely animated at times; I do understand, however, that you and your team have done the best you could with the resources you had, so I won't be an *** about it, as i said the models are well done and surpass any expectations one may initially have.

The classes are (as I said before) somewhat simplistic, in the sense that they are carrying very few weapons and equipment (with the exception of very heavy classes such as the Ultra Battle Droid), that is not a downside, mind you, nor do I see the need for more guns, since the classes can do their job with what they've got. I like the way the unit setup is set apart from one map to another, making each map a completely different experience, with different units to unlock and different things to look forward to. Smart move.

I praise the new game modes such as Zero Squad and Mandalorian Affairs for their entertaining gameplay and the (aforementioned) innovation.

Finally, let's talk about the maps, as I have said before they look much more professional, they are much more entertaining and they are unique -well, except for Mygeeto and Mos Gamos, I can't say I like those maps, but I guess that's just me. Yankfan's additions are always welcome since he is my favorite mapper nowadays, and of course I appreciate the other maps, such as Thule, Boz Pity and Illum (though I do think that map could use an improved texture for the walls).

So, hum, thank you Manderek for taking your time to make Battlefront Zero, thank you Crazy_Ewok, thank you Yankfan and a big thank you to everyone involved in the project, thank you for your efforts, thank you for your maps, thank you for your models... eh... you get the idea.:P

I may post my bug report someday (I know you love to waste your precious time fixing bugs :wink:), as soon as I can figure out what was already mentioned.

P.S.:I apologize if I said anything that bothered you in my little review.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks for the good review man, I must say i agree with you on most points. Besides the fact I've been working on this for more than a year now, people always made suggestions.. Don't get me wrong, suggestions are okay, without them this mod would probably be not so unique, but some also got 'the blood under my nails' (dutch expression: frustating someone to the farest extent). From the moment I've started on a hero, vehicle, side OR map (although non of my maps made it 100% in BF0) I knew what I wanted to achieve, and most of the times how, which is why I kept getting irritated by suggestions about weapons or whatever. The first goal of BF0 was:

- Keep it BF2-ish

The second goal was:

- Create loads of new content (mostly with custom models, effects etc), which feels comfortable playing, but also refreshing (my big inspiration was the X-Box addon)

Those 2 goals are completed now, and I've added more goals through time. I feel very stupid about releasing this so fast, while I could've fixed far more bugs easily (like the AWARD glitch)

Anyhow, thanks all for the good comments, it's indeed finally taking shape, and I decided to keep working on this for at least another year (I renewed my contract, hehe), and someday, I hope to become an inspiration to other modders, and hope my work becomes examples for new work, like Fred, Mav, Frag and Ace (which are the 4 guys who made me a modder instead of noob, especially Ace)
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

MandeRek wrote: Anyhow, thanks all for the good comments, it's indeed finally taking shape, and I decided to keep working on this for at least another year (I renewed my contract, hehe), and someday, I hope to become an inspiration to other modders, and hope my work becomes examples for new work, like Fred, Mav, Frag and Ace (which are the 4 guys who made me a modder instead of noob, especially Ace)
Good to know, and may I quote myself:

"Your modding is an inspiration to us all, sir" (altered Scorch line)
I guess you have quite delivered on it :mrgreen: Definitely inspired me.
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

MandeRek wrote:I decided to keep working on this for at least another year (I renewed my contract, hehe), and someday, I hope to become an inspiration to other modders, and hope my work becomes examples for new work, like Fred, Mav, Frag and Ace (which are the 4 guys who made me a modder instead of noob, especially Ace)
ZOMG YEAH! That takes a burden of my shoulders, I was already stressing out because of all the work ahead.
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

THULE:

-Cydon is still addressed like he is Darth Maul(watch that dual blade! etc.)

-OOM commander is missing 1st person mortar attachment charge effect.

P.O Notes:

Honestly can't really ignore it now:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Red-circled are parts that have some probs with the SBD commander.
I know you have done extensively well on this, gratz to that :thumbs: But there are flaws.

Why I address these now you ask? Well I have noticed these are only in the arm that is unaltered(right gun arm) The left arm(altered) is fine, so there must be something wrong.

-The uppermost circle addresses a part of the SBD which cuts through the rest of the torso when it moves. It doesnt move WITH the skeleton

-The lowest circle is the black spot thing that seems to spike forward, the left one doesnt do that.

Anyway, the maps are till going strong for me :greeny:
Can't wait for more updates(not to mention ATOT :maulsaber: )
Nova Hawk
Banned
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

I only have a couple bugs to report atm, sorry if these have already been mentioned.

1) The Mando Super Soldier is missing the jet effect while flying.
2) The jet trooper on Ilum is missing the flying ability.
Havoc 526
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: Something
Games I'm Playing :: Xenoblade Splatoon

Post by Havoc 526 »

Well, this is a very good mod, and overall, I am impressed. If you don't mind, I'd like to give a few comments about this as well.

-Graphics: Obviously the result of someone who knows what they are doing. They are just about perfect, a thing of beauty, however, just a little more detail here and there, and it would be even better. The lighting could use some work in my oppinion, though. But hey, that's just me. ---9.2---

-Heroes: Nothing negative to say here. The designs and the weaponry are some of the most creative since the conversion pack, or even better, BFX. --- 10+ ---

-Overall units: I can honestly say that I would like to find a way to add the units to the main game. But I know that's never going to happen...no matter how hard I try. ---8.9---

-Vehicles: The controls for the vehicles are a little hard to get used to, but once the ability to use them correctly has been aquired, they can wreak massive mayhem. ---9.0---

-Gameplay: With the settings I have for my video, some maps are pretty laggy. But that can be adjusted at will, so no problem there. One or two maps are just difficult, but that adds to the fun! A few explosions are a little weak for what damage they would actually give in realism, but that's also how the original BF2 units are. I just thought that a large explosion a foot away would send one flying, but once again, that's how BF2 is. ---8.5---

This mod fits in very well with the game as a whole, and the new additions, such as the Mandolorians and the BF0 squad, are among the best additions to the mod. Just a few minor tweaks, and the maps this mod brings may be the only maps I play! There is so much to discover, and I'm still trying to go through it. This is the direct result of people who put their minds to something, and don't even know how to turn back and give up. Kudos to you, and here's hoping it'll only get better from this point on. May the mod tools be with you. ---9.5---
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

Thanks for the nice review man, I promise the next release will be even better ;)

My dutch partner mswf is supporting this mod now, redoing most planning, pathing and barriers from the maps :D With the new AT-OT (when finished animating), the new heroes, most bugs fixed, and the improved maps (plus a new one maybe?) we'll have a nice 2.5 release :)
AlexSecura
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by AlexSecura »

Manderek.Thanks fo this update of your Zero Mod.
I really enjoyed the Maps,new Skins and Heroes.Keep up the good work in it. :thumbs:

Windu`s Animation looks way weird.I wont say how it looks to me ;-)
Is it possible to let Tambor roll (like R2)?
Bane should be added to Xav`s UCW Mod.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

AlexSecura wrote: Bane should be added to Xav`s UCW Mod.
That would own. Not to mention Sky's DS mod too.
Faceman2000
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: If the words above my head says, "offline", than I'm not here.

Post by Faceman2000 »

Dinally got the chance to play this, and I must say, I was impressed! I played 0.9, and to be honest, I didn't enjoy it very much. There were too many bugs, some of the maps weren't that enjoyable, etc. etc. and I missed 1.5 (?). But THIS, this was amazing! Ryloth was absolutely spectacular (still freakin' out about it), Felucia had a very unique atmosphere (having screwed around with those assets, I know that's not very easy), and Weapons Conquest was a load of fun (sure it was easy, but that's not a bad thing), the list goes on and on. Thule, Saleucami, Rhen Var, Kashyyyk, it was spectacular. Three things to I think need to be fixed:
1)Please fix the gun glitches. Please!
2)Alex is right about Windu. It looks . . . nevermind
3)On Ryloth, either the Mos Eisley or the Yavin IV buildings need to be reskinned. They kinda clash at the moment. If not, at least reskin the copper pipes on the Mos Eisley buildings.

One last suggestion: could Yank or someone remake Jabiim? That was my fav map from 0.9.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

AlexSecura wrote:Manderek.Thanks fo this update of your Zero Mod.
I really enjoyed the Maps,new Skins and Heroes.Keep up the good work in it. :thumbs: Glad you liked it, you've helped me out after .9 with fixing, so thanks

Windu`s Animation looks way weird.I wont say how it looks to me ;-) Started as joke, in the end forgot to remove.. will be done!
Is it possible to let Tambor roll (like R2)? If you look carefully you'll notice he has no legs. This is all i can do, animation wise. Making him roll like R2 means he can't use his upperbody
Bane should be added to Xav`s UCW Mod. If Xav and Sky want this model i might release it
Faceman2000 wrote:Dinally got the chance to play this, and I must say, I was impressed! I played 0.9, and to be honest, I didn't enjoy it very much. There were too many bugs, some of the maps weren't that enjoyable, etc. etc. and I missed 1.5 (?). But THIS, this was amazing! Ryloth was absolutely spectacular (still freakin' out about it), Felucia had a very unique atmosphere (having screwed around with those assets, I know that's not very easy), and Weapons Conquest was a load of fun (sure it was easy, but that's not a bad thing), the list goes on and on. Thule, Saleucami, Rhen Var, Kashyyyk, it was spectacular. Three things to I think need to be fixed:
1)Please fix the gun glitches. Please! I'm indeed deeply sorry, it should be fixed now...
2)Alex is right about Windu. It looks . . . nevermind
3)On Ryloth, either the Mos Eisley or the Yavin IV buildings need to be reskinned. They kinda clash at the moment. If not, at least reskin the copper pipes on the Mos Eisley buildings. I'll reskin the Mos Gamos houses, but only the doors and pipes

One last suggestion: could Yank or someone remake Jabiim? That was my fav map from 0.9.A great mapper is on that job, you'll notice who ;)
YaNkFaN
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by YaNkFaN »

hey mande was that at me i forgot if i told you i'd remake jabiim or not if you want I can though I cannot say for sure when it'll be done by
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by CodaRez »

My works never done....

RHEN VAR:

-B1 droid mortar launcher doesnt have fire and explosion sounds

UNIT REPORT:

-I believe ALL your air droids are missing jetpack sounds(Rhen Var had that case)

-Quite strange, ur B2 commander walks slow right? Well his strafing speed is faster.....
So to "cheat" you could strafe from point A-B in a faster time
You might want to balance his strafing speed then.
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by MandeRek »

YaNkFaN wrote:hey mande was that at me i forgot if i told you i'd remake jabiim or not if you want I can though I cannot say for sure when it'll be done by
Hey man, sorry but i didn't here from you in a long time.. Someone else is on the job now.. Still, if you want to make a map for BF0 you're always welcome! :D
CodaRez wrote:My works never done....

RHEN VAR:

-B1 droid mortar launcher doesnt have fire and explosion sounds
yeah that's fixed.. i guess

UNIT REPORT:

-I believe ALL your air droids are missing jetpack sounds(Rhen Var had that case)
should be fixed?
-Quite strange, ur B2 commander walks slow right? Well his strafing speed is faster.....
So to "cheat" you could strafe from point A-B in a faster time
You might want to balance his strafing speed then.
Fixed, thanks mate ;D