Play Mos Eisley Assault with different levels

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

j0ey

Play Mos Eisley Assault with different levels

Post by j0ey »

You can edit the mission.lvl to allow you to play assault on different levels.

Use a hex editor and search for tat2_tdm

You'll see:

tat\tat2.lvl......tat2_tdm

you can replace that with:

cor\cor1.lvl......cor1_CTF
dag\dag1.lvl......dag1_ctf
GEO\geo1.lvl......geo1_ctf
HOT\hot1.lvl......hoth_ctf
KAS\kas2.lvl......kas2_tdm
mus\mus1.lvl......MUS1_CTF
myg\myg1.lvl......myg1_ctf
pol\pol1.lvl......pol1_ctf
TAT\tat3.lvl......tat3_con

Remember not to copy/paste but simply replace each letter (if the item in the mission.lvl changes size it'll corrupt)

*Remember to backup your mission.lvl
*I can tell you how to change the music also, if you want.
*I'm not sure if this works online yet, but you can try.

Now select Mos Eisley-Assault and it'll be on a different level.

Edit:

1)
also if you want just jedi

scroll up a bit and you'll see:

Code: Select all

SIDE\all.lvl......all_hero_luke_jedi......all_hero_hansolo_tat......all_hero_leia......all_hero_chewbacca......
SIDE\imp.lvl......imp_hero_darthvader......imp_hero_emperor......imp_hero_bobafett......
SIDE\rep.lvl......rep_hero_yoda......rep_hero_macewindu......rep_hero_anakin......
rep_hero_aalya......rep_hero_kiyadimundi......rep_hero_obiwan......
SIDE\cis.lvl......cis_hero_grievous......cis_hero_darthmaul......cis_hero_countdooku......cis_hero_jangofett
just edit

imp_hero_bobafett to impXhero_bobafett

all_hero_hansolo_tat to allXhero_hansolo_tat

etc...

2)
Example on how to switch side lvls:
replace:

SIDE\all.lvl......all_hero_luke_jedi......all_hero_hansolo_tat......all_hero_leia......all_hero_chewbacca...... 
with

SIDE\jed.lvl......jed_knight_01...........jed_knight_02.............jed_master_01......jed_master_02...........
The only downside to this example is that the jedi in jed.lvl dont have force powers :(

Remember: you cant go over the the space provided. If you want to replace all_hero_luke_jedi then the item has to be less than or equal in size to the space provided. If the space is less than, just 0 out the extra space.
Last edited by j0ey on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Play Mos Eisley Assault with different levels

Post by Teancum »

Excellent find!
j0ey

Post by j0ey »

also if you want just jedi

scroll up a bit and you'll see:

SIDE\imp.lvl......imp_hero_darthvader......imp_hero_emperor......imp_hero_bobafett......
SIDE\rep.lvl......rep_hero_yoda......rep_hero_macewindu......rep_hero_anakin......rep_hero_aalya......rep_hero_kiyadimundi......rep_hero_obiwan......
SIDE\cis.lvl......cis_hero_grievous......cis_hero_darthmaul......cis_hero_countdooku......cis_hero_jangofett
just edit

imp_hero_bobafett to impXhero_bobafett

all_hero_hansolo_tat to allXhero_hansolo_tat

etc...
j0ey

Post by j0ey »

Example on how to switch side lvls:
replace:

with

SIDE\jed.lvl......jed_knight_01...........jed_knight_02.............jed_master_01......jed_master_02...........
The only downside to this example is that the jedi in jed.lvl dont have force powers :(

Remember: you cant go over the the space provided. If you want to replace all_hero_luke_jedi then the item has to be less than or equal in size to the space provided. If the space is less than, just 0 out the extra space.
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

rep_hero_cloakedanakin is the temple anakin.
j0ey

Post by j0ey »

it looks like you can only swap rep_inf_ep3_jettrooper with rep_hero_cloakedanakin
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

You should gather all these "entries" in your first post, j0ey, instead of creating a new one for each find. Thus, it'll be easier for us to have a look at them... :wink:

PS : By the way, welcome on GameToast !...
chubby

Post by chubby »

Can/could I hex-edit the heroes into space battles? I would be cool to have a jedi boarding party.
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

i tried searching mission.lvl and can't find tdm. about what lines is it located?
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Wow, that's excellent for a member who just joined up. Excellent job, and welcome to the forums! I'm going to try this out, see what happens. Thanks for the tip!
arachon

Post by arachon »

Ive tied to mod the units on tantive IV... i replaced imp_inf_sniper with impxinfxsniper and did that with all the units apart from the imp_inf_rifleman, i did the same with the rebels, replaced all but all_inf_rifleman_fleet. BUt nothing happened... the map played out as usual... what am i doing wrong?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Maybe you've altered another era or campaign for the "Tantive IV" map than the one you wanted to tweak ?
arachon

Post by arachon »

hmm... that might be an idea.. any ideas of what to search for? (i searched for tant1gcw)
arachon

Post by arachon »

anyone who knows what the code string is for the temple vanguard and soldiers? (thats in the knightfall part of the campaign)
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

if altering instant action just search for maul or mace. it was the first one for me. I managed to alter mace to anakin sans cloak and cis to jedi.
arachon

Post by arachon »

Well.. what i want to do is to alter the Tantive IV level for the Clone wars,r eplace the republic with jedi and the CIS with the republic (or well.. depends on wich of them is the attacking team)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

"tant1cw" must be the name of the campaign you want to tweak, in that case...
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Well, I tried doing this with Mustafar, and it worked. :)

Except, I have only one problem; now, when I play it on Mustafar, I can't force jump. Actually, I can't jump at all. I can only jump like, an inch in the air. Pretty funny when you're a Jedi and you can't even jump as high as a normal soldier could. But that's really the only problem with this. Other than that, this worked very well. Of course, I ended up switching back to Mos Eisley, since it's only fun when you play Hero-Deathmatch online...
arachon

Post by arachon »

Ive tried to change mustafar heroes for the CW so that the CIS has anakin as hero instead of darth mau, replaced cis_hero_darthmaul , with rep_hero_anakin . but when i tried to place mustafar in instant action with CW, it caused a CTD (crash to desktop). probably because i putted a rep unit into the cis. anyone who knows how to get rid of this problems?
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

chubby wrote:Can/could I hex-edit the heroes into space battles? I would be cool to have a jedi boarding party.