Give your clone engineer the award shotgun permanently

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

UltraSWG

Give your clone engineer the award shotgun permanently

Post by UltraSWG »

This is how I did it:

Open up REP.LVL and go to line 06234ee0h

Now just type over where it says rep_weap_inf_shotgun with rep_weap_award_shotgun

Now all your clone engineers have the Flachette cannon right off the bat.

Anyone else have any weapon mods to share?
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

RE: Give your clone engineer the award shotgun permanently

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

someone said that if u cahnged the amount of characters the file would become corrupt :?
SteveK14
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Give your clone engineer the award shotgun permanently

Post by SteveK14 »

UltraSWG wrote:This is how I did it:

Open up REP.LVL and go to line 06234ee0h

Now just type over where it says rep_weap_inf_shotgun with rep_weap_award_shotgun

Now all your clone engineers have the Flachette cannon right off the bat.

Anyone else have any weapon mods to share?
Does that screw up MP and if not, wouldn't that be cheating? The reason I ask is that if that works then there is a SERIOUS bug in the game and in WOW and BW the cheating could become rampant.

Steve
geoman777

RE: Re: Give your clone engineer the award shotgun permanent

Post by geoman777 »

yeah, most of the upgrades would give you an unfair advantage online. Anyone used the remote rocket launcher yet? it is my favorite weapon
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

RE: Re: Give your clone engineer the award shotgun permanent

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

if u mean the one chewbacca has then yes, and i suck with it :)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Re: RE: Give your clone engineer the award shotgun permanent

Post by Leviathan »

JabbaLovesLava wrote:someone said that if u cahnged the amount of characters the file would become corrupt :?
No. If you change the total amount of bytes of an hex-edited file, then, yes, it becomes corrupted...
UltraSWG

Re: RE: Give your clone engineer the award shotgun permanent

Post by UltraSWG »

JabbaLovesLava wrote:someone said that if u cahnged the amount of characters the file would become corrupt :?
Well, if I'm posting it here and it works, then obviously it didn't become corrupt.
Nimlot
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

RE: Re: RE: Give your clone engineer the award shotgun perma

Post by Nimlot »

Yea, You just got lucky. Normally this would definitly screw up your game file, but because there was enough buffer, it worked in this case. Be careful though, this is not guarenteed, always back up your work.
UltraSWG

Nitpick much?

Post by UltraSWG »

I didn't get lucky, I just knew wtf I was doing.

Ok, I'm sorry, I just assumed anyone reading this knew a little something about hex editing the lvl files. My mistake. Let me spell it out a little more clearly. The weapn name can't exceed the .PROP entry. On the clone engineer line, there is plenty of room to add the award shotgun entry without running overwriting .PROP

There are plenty of places where this works. You can give your Jet trooper a second EMP launcher that never runs out of ammo by replacing his commando pistol. You can give all your clone troopers second rifles with unlimited ammo the same way.

I didn't think I would get this much static over such an elementary mod. Guess I'll just go back to lurking.

-Ultra
http://www.ultrasabers.com
Nimlot
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

RE: Nitpick much?

Post by Nimlot »

Heh, dude, I wasn't trying to put you down. Your original post didn't mention anything more than "it just worked", and I was just letting everyone else know that this is an unsafe practice if you do not know what you are doing. But it does sound like you know what your doing, so its not a problem. :)

And no, there are not too many of the first hex era modders here anymore, so most of the community does not understand how all this works. Hopefully they will not have to though, as tools should allow us to skip that step completely.

On that note, I have just gotten a lua editor working, that will allow you to edit mission.lvl within the app. It will probably not be too advanced at first, but will give you the option to change string (weapon/unit names) and integer (reinformant count) parameter values, letting you do all of this in a much safer form. You will not have to worry about any of these "size" restrictions, as all of that will handeled for you.
theguarder

RE: Nitpick much?

Post by theguarder »

so what is better with the Flachette shotgun?
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

does it shoot exploding fragment? (like in jk3)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Re: RE: Nitpick much?

Post by Leviathan »

Nimlot wrote:On that note, I have just gotten a lua editor working, that will allow you to edit mission.lvl within the app. It will probably not be too advanced at first, but will give you the option to change string (weapon/unit names) and integer (reinformant count) parameter values, letting you do all of this in a much safer form.[...]
As far as I know, the text fields' content appearing in SWBF II (Units or weapons' names, tips, options' labels, etc...) are not contained in "mission.lvl", but in "core.lvl". So, would your brand-new *.LVL Editor work with that file ?
Schizo

Re: RE: Nitpick much?

Post by Schizo »

theguarder wrote:so what is better with the Flachette shotgun?
Basically, it's almost exactly like the regular shotgun, except it fires purple lasers (Ooo... purple). It's only real differences besides that is a slower firing rate, but it deals about twice the damage. So it kinda balances things out. You can't fire as fast as you normally would, but you can deal almost twice the damage when you do. I dunno, really, if depends on the situation you're in; it can be useful at times, but kind of a burden in some instances.
Nimlot
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

RE: Re: RE: Nitpick much?

Post by Nimlot »

Yes, Levi, I realized that after I posted. :) I already have .odf extraction/compiling working, so both that and lua will be moddable.